PDA

View Full Version : In the OKC - TOR game tonight...

freshmanjs
11-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Lance Thomas started and Tyler Hanstravel didn't. Good times.

Furniture
11-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Looks like he did very well too.
33 mins, 14 points and 5 rebounds....Solid!

Edouble
11-05-2014, 03:02 AM
He is listed on Yahoo! Sports as their starting 2 guard, which is, of course, his natural position.

Tom B.
11-05-2014, 11:43 AM
He is listed on Yahoo! Sports as their starting 2 guard, which is, of course, his natural position.

That's by necessity, as I think the Thunder are down to only about two healthy players right now.

OK, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. They started last night's game with only eight players dressed -- then Perry Jones went out with an injury and didn't return, Reggie Jackson got banged up (though he was able to return), and Sebastian Telfair got ejected for whacking Hansbrough in the face while trying to fight through a screen. They finished the game with six players.

COYS
11-05-2014, 11:48 AM

I guess those four years of learning position-less basketball at Duke are really paying off :)

Henderson
11-05-2014, 01:23 PM
Sebastian Telfair got ejected for whacking Hansbrough in the face while trying to fight through a screen.

Telfair is now on my Christmas card list.

CDu
11-05-2014, 02:54 PM
That's by necessity, as I think the Thunder are down to only about two healthy players right now.

OK, that's an exaggeration, but not by much. They started last night's game with only eight players dressed -- then Perry Jones went out with an injury and didn't return, Reggie Jackson got banged up (though he was able to return), and Sebastian Telfair got ejected for whacking Hansbrough in the face while trying to fight through a screen. They finished the game with six players.

Oy. That's rough. Hopefully they can survive the next several weeks until Durant and Westbrook return. I'd hate to see them miss the playoffs due to injury.

devildeac
11-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Hope he got his money's worth:rolleyes:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C04fSlYTGzI

AIRFORCEDUKIE
11-05-2014, 03:08 PM
....Telfair is the real victim...??? anyone, sorry couldn't help myself

Henderson
11-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Hope he got his money's worth:rolleyes:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C04fSlYTGzI

That clip of Gerald and Hanswhatever always reminds me of this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWSiBgdrvGc).

Eakane
11-05-2014, 04:34 PM
That clip of Gerald and Hanswhatever always reminds me of this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWSiBgdrvGc).

UNC had a 12 point lead, with less than 20 seconds left in the game, and Tyler was going for a dunk? G was not having any of it and did the right thing.

nmduke2001
11-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Oy. That's rough. Hopefully they can survive the next several weeks until Durant and Westbrook return. I'd hate to see them miss the playoffs due to injury.

That might be exactly what they need. Use the San Antonio method. Completely tank when your star is hurt and get a high draft pick at a low salary cap price. If the ping pong balls go their way, they may have a starting line-up next year that includes Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Okafor.

Newton_14
11-05-2014, 10:00 PM

The young man needs an award! Was Bobby Frasor there to hold hanswalk back?? Lucky for Telfair if he was.

I think Hans has settled in nicely in my Top 5 most hated heels list. Wonder where he ranks in that poll ESPN had to rank the most hated Carolina players? Oh, sorry I forgot, they only have that poll for Duke kids that actually go to real college classrooms and do real college level work.