PDA

View Full Version : Crablegs U 42, Loovul 31

hurleyfor3
10-30-2014, 09:20 PM
At halftime. It's nice to legitimately care about this.

Merlindevildog91
10-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Crab legs are easier to pick up than the Louisville defensive scheme.

Louisville hasn't exactly been taking advantage of things, though. Zero points on the opening drive after first and goal, F$U scoring ta TD on a fumble recovery, and an INT that ended up being a gain in yardage for the felons, uh, scholar-athletes from Tallahassee.

hurleyfor3
10-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Field goal. 24-7. Points are good.

FSU will still lead its division regardless of the result, due to beating Clempsun. Still, would be nice to see they're vincible.

Duvall
10-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Field goal. 24-7. Points are good.

Duke falling back a spot in the bowl pecking order is bad.

Well, two spots if you count Louisville.

Well, three spots if Notre Dame's schedule gets devalued enough to knock them out of an access bowl spot.

duke09hms
10-30-2014, 09:39 PM
Don't we want the aforementioned favored team to win? How else are we going to make the playoffs? Cutcliffe said we're here to win championships!!

duke09hms
10-30-2014, 09:43 PM
That's more like it, 24-14 Louisville.
Don't think if it as rooting for FSU, think of it as rooting for Duke.

hurleyfor3
10-30-2014, 09:46 PM
OK, they can win and still be vincible. As long as it's us doing the vincing.

duke09hms
10-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Let's go DUKE!! 24-21 Louisville.

devildeac
10-30-2014, 09:58 PM
3 plays, 74 yds
5 plays, 80 yds

f$u making it look as easy as...

drum roll please...

walking out of a supermarket with crustaceans...

:o

Wander
10-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Don't we want the aforementioned favored team to win? How else are we going to make the playoffs? Cutcliffe said we're here to win championships!!

Duke is not going to make the playoffs this year no matter what happens. I want us to win the ACC championship, and don't particularly see a reason to care (from a Duke perspective) if it's an undefeated FSU team, a 1-loss FSU team, or Clemson that we beat to win it.

Duvall
10-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Duke is not going to make the playoffs this year no matter what happens. I want us to win the ACC championship, and don't particularly see a reason to care (from a Duke perspective) if it's an undefeated FSU team, a 1-loss FSU team, or Clemson that we beat to win it.

Sure. But it would be nice going into the ACC championship knowing that Duke is going to the best possible possible regardless of result.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 10:08 PM

Realistically, this is about right.

An 11-1 Duke does not pass a 10-2 SEC team, a 10-2 Notre Dame, or a host of other 10-2 teams -- let alone finish in the top half of 11-1 teams. We are too far back and our schedule won't justify the move in the ranks.

devildeac
10-30-2014, 10:12 PM

An 11-1 Duke does not pass a 10-2 SEC team, a 10-2 Notre Dame, or a host of other 10-2 teams -- let alone finish in the top half of 11-1 teams. We are too far back and our schedule won't justify the move in the ranks.

Think about how outrageous the first sentence of that statement would have been several years/decades ago. In Cut I trust.

msdukie
10-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Duke falling back a spot in the bowl pecking order is bad.

Well, two spots if you count Louisville.

Well, three spots if Notre Dame's schedule gets devalued enough to knock them out of an access bowl spot.

But F$U's continued existence is worse.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Think about how outrageous the first sentence of that statement would have been several years/decades ago. In Cut I trust.

Hell, even this time last year after the Pitt loss. Things were kinda tenuous.

duke09hms
10-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Winston is being put under intense pressure snap after snap by Louisville but avoiding the rush to make the right decisions. Finding the open zones in the blitz for big plays. 28-24 FSU now.

duke09hms
10-30-2014, 10:33 PM
FSU looks beatable, I just want us to be the ones that beat them.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 10:37 PM
You can't blitz Winston.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-30-2014, 10:39 PM
You can't blitz Winston.
Perhaps not, but you can twist his ankle.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 10:41 PM
I stand corrected.

devildeac
10-30-2014, 11:04 PM
If we get that far, I wanna play the 1st half f$u team.

duke4ever19
10-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Game over. Winston is pretty dang resilient. Announcers said he has a little Michael Jordan in him. I have to agree.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
10-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Game over. Winston is pretty dang resilient. Announcers said he has a little Michael Jordan in him. I have to agree.

Maybe a little Charlie Ward

subzero02
10-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Maybe a little Charlie Ward

Charlie lost to Notre Dame

AncientPsychicT
10-30-2014, 11:16 PM
This all but locks up an ACCCG appearance for FSU. They have to lose twice in order to fall behind Clempson because of their OT win over them earlier this year. Their remaining schedule:

Nov 8: vs. Virginia
Nov 15: @ Miami
Nov 22: vs. BC
Nov 29: vs. Florida (wouldn't matter for ACCCG purposes even if they did lose)

While the Miami game might cause them some problems, it's very unlikely they lose to either BC or UVA at home. Now it's up to our Devils to earn their rematch. Go Duke!

HK Dukie
10-30-2014, 11:33 PM

An 11-1 Duke team won't pass a 10-2 SEC team but what about a 12-1 Duke coming off a victory vs potentially (probably) #1 ranked FSU in the ACC championship game?

Of the power 5 conferences you probably have one team per conference contending for a big plus two from the SEC. That makes 6.

It is entirely possible 1-2 of the non SEC power conference champions have 2 losses. Would you then take a 12-1 Duke team coming off a win vs #1 FSU or a 10-2 (big12) or 11-2 B1G or 11-2 Pac-12 team OVER 12-1 ACC champion Duke?

I'm not saying Duke gets in. I'm saying it's in the discussion and not entirely contingent on the SEC West dominance this year.

I'm telling you there's a chance....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

BigWayne
10-31-2014, 02:34 AM

As HK states, a 12-1 Duke has a chance. 11-1 Duke can only exist the week before the decisions are made.

Wander
10-31-2014, 06:04 AM
An 11-1 Duke team won't pass a 10-2 SEC team but what about a 12-1 Duke coming off a victory vs potentially (probably) #1 ranked FSU in the ACC championship game?

Even if Duke wins out, including over #1 FSU in the title game, we're going to be behind the Big 12 champion, a Pac-12 team, and two SEC teams.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-31-2014, 06:37 AM

Of the power 5 conferences you probably have one team per conference contending for a big plus two from the SEC. That makes 6.

It is entirely possible 1-2 of the non SEC power conference champions have 2 losses. Would you then take a 12-1 Duke team coming off a win vs #1 FSU or a 10-2 (big12) or 11-2 B1G or 11-2 Pac-12 team OVER 12-1 ACC champion Duke?

I'm not saying Duke gets in. I'm saying it's in the discussion and not entirely contingent on the SEC West dominance this year.

I'm telling you there's a chance....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

There is techinically a chance, but it would be dependent on Duke winning out and beating undefeated FSU in thr championship AND all the other top teams collapsing to catastrophic levels.

Don't bother being upset about this hypothetical until Duke wins all the games on their schedule, but even when they do, don't start booking your playoff trips.

Just keeping it real... we would need most of the SEC to end up with 3 losses - and that's step one.

OldPhiKap
10-31-2014, 07:24 AM
There is techinically a chance, but it would be dependent on Duke winning out and beating undefeated FSU in thr championship AND all the other top teams collapsing to catastrophic levels.

Don't bother being upset about this hypothetical until Duke wins all the games on their schedule, but even when they do, don't start booking your playoff trips.

Just keeping it real... we would need most of the SEC to end up with 3 losses - and that's step one.

^^^ yup. We are starting too far down, and I don't think we've palyed a top-20 team yet.

In addition to what Mountain said, though, we would also root for Miami to keep winning so that one loss would look better.

As long as we play the best we can, and TCB, all we can do is hope for the stars to align in a demolition derby above us.

duke79
10-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Not to be a pessimist, but do people really think we have the talent to beat FSU (assuming we meet in the ACC championship game)?

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks Louisville's football uniforms are some of the ugliest in the country? I have PJ's that look quite similar to what they wore last night.

JasonEvans
10-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Not to be a pessimist, but do people really think we have the talent to beat FSU (assuming we meet in the ACC championship game)?

Louisville clearly had a shot to beat them. Virginia beat Louisville. We beat Virginia. Ergo, we are better than Louisville and have a legit shot at FSU (should we play them).

-Jason "transitive property... always your friend for meaningless sports arguments ;) " Evans

OldPhiKap
10-31-2014, 11:08 AM

Louisville clearly had a shot to beat them. Virginia beat Louisville. We beat Virginia. Ergo, we are better than Louisville and have a legit shot at FSU (should we play them).

-Jason "transitive property... always your friend for meaningless sports arguments ;) " Evans

NC State almost beat FSU, too.

I absolutely think that we have both the talent and the coaching staff to beat FSU. I also recognize that we would be underdogs to do it in Vegas.

We couldn't beat UNLV, either. Right?

hurleyfor3
10-31-2014, 11:13 AM
I absolutely think that we have both the talent and the coaching staff to beat FSU. I also recognize that we would be underdogs to do it in Vegas.

What about Charlotte?

OldPhiKap
10-31-2014, 11:15 AM
What about Charlotte?

What does she have to do with this?

hurleyfor3
10-31-2014, 11:16 AM
What does she have to do with this?

We're Duke, so that makes all of us Charlotte Simmons.

OldPhiKap
10-31-2014, 11:22 AM

Oh. I thought this might have something to do with her web.

nyesq83
10-31-2014, 12:28 PM

Man, you're full...

OldPhiKap
10-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Man, you're full...

You would think that a Wolfe woud write about State.

killerleft
10-31-2014, 02:14 PM
You would think that a Wolfe woud write about State.

Nah, then he couldn't go home again.

HK Dukie
10-31-2014, 02:37 PM

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks Louisville's football uniforms are some of the ugliest in the country? I have PJ's that look quite similar to what they wore last night.

(1) Last year I was terrified of FSU. No one got within 14 points of them in the regular season. This year is different. They have played many close games. Why can't Duke play them close? I think we can win.

(2) Yes, those uniforms were one of the ugliest ever.

Just to be clear, making a bowl game was a dream just a few years ago. I will always be happy every year Duke makes a bowl. I won't take anything for granted. Every win from here on out is just icing on the cake. That said, maybe Duke is the Auburn of last year, maybe Duke is the team of destiny. Why the hell not?

budwom
10-31-2014, 02:47 PM
It's fun to talk about, but if we don't beat Pitt tomorrow (and a bunch of teams subsequently) we can press the
"moot" button on our remote controls tomorrow. If we get past Pitt and Syracuse in the next eight days then this discussion
will be a whole lot more plausible.

elvis14
10-31-2014, 03:04 PM
I was rooting for FSU last night. Not that I'm a big FSU fan, I'm not, I like having an ACC team at or near the top of the rankings. If FSU is going to lose a game, let it be to Duke in the ACCCG. I don't know that Duke has the talent to beat FSU but it's right to say that this is not the dominating FSU team we saw last year. They should have lost to Clemson and really fell behind NCSU and Louisville.

I don't know why, but I really liked the Cardinals uniforms last night. Especially the helmets. My wife took one look and asked why they were playing in such ugly uniforms. To each his/her own :-)

JasonEvans
11-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Between the thread title and the 8 or so 1-line posts on the previous page, this is one of my favorite threads of all time!