PDA

View Full Version : The ACC: Week 10

Bob Green
10-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Week 10 kicks-off tonight with Florida State at Louisville. As distasteful as it is to publicly state, Duke needs FSU to win and stay in competition for one of the four CFB Play-off slots to maintain our chances of going to the Orange Bowl.

Saturday Games:

Duke at Pittsburgh: Go Blue Devils!!!

Miami at North Carolina: ABC, enough said!

Virginia at Georgia Tech: We've beaten both head-to-head but looking at future games, Duke fans should root for a Virginia victory. The Cavaliers have games against Miami and Florida State down the road.

Boston College at Virginia Tech: The Eagles can start nailing VT's coffin lid shut with a victory.

NC State at Syracuse: an opportunity to scout next week's opponent.

Let's talk some football!

uh_no
10-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Week 10 kicks-off tonight with Florida State at Louisville. As distasteful as it is to publicly state, Duke needs FSU to win and stay in competition for one of the four CFB Play-off slots to maintain our chances of going to the Orange Bowl.

Saturday Games:

Virginia at Georgia Tech: We've beaten both head-to-head but looking at future games, Duke fans should root for a Virginia victory. The Cavaliers have games against Miami and Florida State down the road.

Boston College at Virginia Tech: The Eagles can start nailing VT's coffin lid shut with a victory.

I disagree with your Uva/GT assessment, I think it depends on whether we win on saturday or not

the uva GT game is actually a real doozie to pick. on the one hand, a UVA win effectively ensures both teams finish with 3 losses, both of which we have the tiebreaker over. on the other hand, if we end up in the tie with Pitt at 6-2, we'd lose the tiebreaker UNLESS another team was involved whom we had beaten and pitt had lost to...the only viable candidate is GT. Fortunately our game is before hand. If we beat pitt, cheer for UVA. If we lose to pitt, cheer for GT.

full post: http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?34393-The-ACC-Week-9&p=750951#post750951

devildeac
10-30-2014, 06:45 PM

Saturday Games:

The cheaters actually have to go to Miami to play. Plus, it's Miami's homecoming. Not sure how much advantage the home field is to the 'Canes but we sure came away with a loss there so may c*rolina suffer the same fate;).

Wander
10-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Even though I think the committee is silly for ranking Louisville, I would not be surprised at all to see an upset tonight.

If FSU wins by more than a few points, I'll finally jump on board with the rest of you guys as the Seminoles being a Top 5 team this season, which I don't believe right now.

Bob Green
10-30-2014, 06:48 PM
I disagree with your Uva/GT assessment, I think it depends on whether we win on saturday or not

Fair enough. I didn't look at tiebreaker scenarios.

Bob Green
10-30-2014, 06:52 PM
The cheaters actually have to go to Miami to play.

Good catch! I get a C- for attention to detail. It is my C-! I earned it all on my own without help from tutors or by copying papers written by sixth graders.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 07:39 PM
1. OPK fearless prediction: Louisville wins tonight.

2. Head says that we benefit if UNC beats Miami, everything else says GTH,C. End result: go Canes, if we keep winning it doesn't matter.

Wander
10-30-2014, 07:45 PM
2. Head says that we benefit if UNC beats Miami, everything else says GTH,C. End result: go Canes, if we keep winning it doesn't matter.

I think it's better for us if Miami wins, actually. The best thing for us is for BOTH Miami and Carolina to pick up a 3rd loss, and UNC has an easier remaining schedule than Miami does. So root against UNC and don't feel guilty about it.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 07:50 PM
I think it's better for us if Miami wins, actually. The best thing for us is for BOTH Miami and Carolina to pick up a 3rd loss, and UNC has an easier remaining schedule than Miami does. So root against UNC and don't feel guilty about it.

I can roll like that.

devildeac
10-30-2014, 08:03 PM

Miami likely picks up another loss on 11/15 vs f$u. But still, the cheaters can lose any night/morning/afternoon they play AFAIAC (or, AFAIAK for the OPK:p). Hell, they can lose any night they don't play, especially if we're talking about vacating and/or forfeiting wins:D.

devildeac
10-30-2014, 08:09 PM
When did one of Lou'vul's school colors become battleship gray? (no offense to any posters with previous service in the US Navy)

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 08:34 PM
Miami likely picks up another loss on 11/15 vs f$u. But still, the cheaters can lose any night/morning/afternoon they play AFAIAC (or, AFAIAK for the OPK:p). Hell, they can lose any night they don't play, especially if we're talking about vacating and/or forfeiting wins:D.

Y'know why I use a "K"?

It's klassier.

roywhite
10-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Upset alert for the 'Noles.

Louisville up 14-0; Shameus getting pressured, Cards playing well.

Bob Green
10-30-2014, 08:51 PM
1. OPK fearless prediction: Louisville wins tonight.

You are looking pretty good right now: Louisville 21, FSU 0.

Duvall
10-30-2014, 08:52 PM
This is a disaster for Duke's bowl hopes. Oh well.

DukeSean
10-30-2014, 08:55 PM
So if FSU loses tonight, and Duke beats FSU in ACCCG, we'd automatically be in Orange, is that correct?

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 08:57 PM
This is a disaster for Duke's bowl hopes. Oh well.

So if FSU loses tonight, and Duke beats FSU in ACCCG, we'd automatically be in Orange, is that correct?

Exactly. I ain't skeert. We can win the Coastal, we can beat FSU. The only way we make Orange is to win the tourney anyway unless Clemson collapses.

Having said that, lots of time in this game.

Wander
10-30-2014, 09:00 PM

Duke will make the Orange Bowl when we beat Clemson in the ACCCG, yes.

Duvall
10-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Exactly. I ain't skeert. We can win the Coastal, we can beat FSU. The only way we make Orange is to win the tourney anyway unless Clemson collapses.

Having said that, lots of time in this game.

Not sure losing at Georgia Tech would be a collapse - Clemson hasn't won there since 2003. Still.

OldPhiKap
10-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Not sure losing at Georgia Tech would be a collapse - Clemson hasn't won there since 2003. Still.

Would not be a collapse but would hurt in the court of public opinion. Same with a loss against Sourh Carolina, who is down but dangerous. And Clemson-USC is a grudge fudge thunderdome of hate.

devildeac
10-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Y'know why I use a "K"?

It's klassier.

Not to mention kool;).

HK Dukie
10-30-2014, 10:44 PM
FSU please win this.

For the ACC.

For Duke.

Olympic Fan
10-30-2014, 11:19 PM
Final: FSU 42, Louisville 31

One very small point -- with Louisville giving up 42 points, Duke takes over as the ACC's top scoring defense ... at least until after the Duke-Pitt game

Louisville went into the night No. 1 in the ACC, giving up an average of 14.4 points a game. After allowing 42 to FSU, the 'Ville scoring average climbed to 17.9 ppg.

Duke, still at 15.1 ppg , takes over first place (and climbs from fifth to fourth nationally).

It won't be acknowledged until after the weekend -- provided Duke holds Pitt to about 33 points or less.

Mabdul Doobakus
11-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Duke, still at 15.1 ppg , takes over first place (and climbs from fifth to fourth nationally).

It won't be acknowledged until after the weekend -- provided Duke holds Pitt to about 33 points or less.

It's halftime in the Duke-Pitt game, and I'm guessing that's not gonna happen.

Meanwhile, Duke Johnson for Miami is on quite a roll. Just ripped off a 90 yard TD. His worst game this year he had 90 yards rushing. This is his 5th straight 100 yard game. Last week he had 249, this week he has 172 before halftime. Starting to wonder if he could work his way into the Heisman discussion. I know Miami hasn't been great, but they seem to be improving. If they could somehow knock off FSU at home behind a big game by Duke...

Go Duke!

devildeac
11-01-2014, 01:59 PM
md remains classless-scuffles before the coin toss and then refuses to shake hands w/PSU at midfield.

hudlow
11-01-2014, 03:14 PM
md remains classless-scuffles before the coin toss and then refuses to shake hands w/PSU at midfield.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/maryland-captains-refuse-to-shake-hands-with-penn-state-s-captains--video-164119749.html

brevity
11-01-2014, 03:38 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/maryland-captains-refuse-to-shake-hands-with-penn-state-s-captains--video-164119749.html

Not-Our-Conference, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap. Unworthy of a new thread, but it doesn't really fit anywhere else. Maybe one of the old Penn State scandal threads?

Maryland was hit with a 15-year unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, which explains a lot. The last time they got one of those was around 2000, so they were due for a renewal.

devildeac
11-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Not-Our-Conference, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap. Unworthy of a new thread, but it doesn't really fit anywhere else. Maybe one of the old Penn State scandal threads?

Maryland was hit with a 15-year unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, which explains a lot. The last time they got one of those was around 2000, so they were due for a renewal.

Yea,:o. I couldn't figure out where to post that but really didn't think that classless behavior my md deserved another thread.

OldPhiKap
11-01-2014, 03:43 PM

Will the wanker filter stop me from saying that Maryland is a collective group of expired doucebags? What a bunch of classless buttholes.

Enjoy them, B10 -- you wanted them, you got them.

Mabdul Doobakus
11-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Shane Ryan ‏@ShaneRyanHere 7m7 minutes ago
So unless Miami beats FSU, which is not impossible, Duke can go 3-1 against Cuse, VT, UNC, and Wake and win the Coastal.

Interesting to think about...

Miami's offense is really round into form with the freshman QB Kaaya starting to settle in. Don't think their D can stop Winston, but they've got a much better chance of winning this game than I would've thought one month ago. Still think FSU wins that one by double digits.

Duke SHOULD go 3-1 against the remaining schedule. We'll probably be favored in each of those games. It's crazy to think about, and not likely to happen, but 11-1 is a realistic possibility.

uh_no
11-01-2014, 03:52 PM
so with our win, we gotta be rooting for virginia to take out tech, since we're no longer concerned about being in a tiebreaker with pitt.

Bob Green
11-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Upcoming opponents North Carolina and Virginia Tech both lose to fall to 4-5 on the season.

Wander
11-01-2014, 04:11 PM
so with our win, we gotta be rooting for virginia to take out tech, since we're no longer concerned about being in a tiebreaker with pitt.

It doesn't really matter, does it? The important game is FSU @ Miami. If FSU wins, we have a cushion - we can lose any one of our remaining four games and still win the division. UNC losing was important for us today, as otherwise that game could have been problematic.

OldPhiKap
11-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Upcoming opponents North Carolina and Virginia Tech both lose to fall to 4-5 on the season.

Double WOOT WOOT.

It will be interesting to see how we play as a favorite in conference games. VT and UNC are very dangerous games.

uh_no
11-01-2014, 04:14 PM
It doesn't really matter, does it? The important game is FSU @ Miami. If FSU wins, we have a cushion - we can lose any one of our remaining four games and still win the division. UNC losing was important for us today, as otherwise that game could have been problematic.

they both have pros and cons. virginia beating GT gives us an extra game cushion over GT. right now we can only go 3-1 and still win in all cases. if virginia were to win, we would be closer to being able to lose two games and still pull it out.

loran16
11-01-2014, 04:20 PM
they both have pros and cons. virginia beating GT gives us an extra game cushion over GT. right now we can only go 3-1 and still win in all cases. if virginia were to win, we would be closer to being able to lose two games and still pull it out.

Again, this is only true if Miami loses to FSU. And Miami has been playing very well of late. It's possible they pull it out.

We have the tiebreak over GT and UVA, and both play one of the top two atlantic teams later in the season. They're basically irrelevant.

uh_no
11-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Again, this is only true if Miami loses to FSU. And Miami has been playing very well of late. It's possible they pull it out.

We have the tiebreak over GT and UVA, and both play one of the top two atlantic teams later in the season. They're basically irrelevant.

This is true. My assumption has been that FSU beats both miami and UVA...but after their scare last thursday, that assumption may be a bit riskier...

loran16
11-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I am salivating by the way over the idea of James Conner vs the UNC Defense. After what Duke Johnson did today......

And if UNC loses, UNC would need to beat both Duke and State to make a bowl.

Duvall
11-01-2014, 06:17 PM
NC State beats Syracuse. I will now list the remaining teams on Duke's regular season schedule with records at or above .500:

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-01-2014, 06:25 PM
NC State beats Syracuse. I will now list the remaining teams on Duke's regular season schedule with records at or above .500:

/drools....

Let's take care of business!

OldPhiKap
11-01-2014, 06:28 PM
/drools....

Let's take care of business!

Carolina and VT are dangerous teams.

We have never played at the Carrier Dome.

Wake has been a struggle, to be kind.

I like where we sit. But we have work to do.

Having said that -- I actually like our match-up with FSU if we get back to Charlotte.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
11-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Carolina and VT are dangerous teams.

We have never played at the Carrier Dome.

Wake has been a struggle, to be kind.

I like where we sit. But we have work to do.

Having said that -- I actually like our match-up with FSU if we get back to Charlotte.

Last year, it was fun to be there (personally speaking). This year, I would have higher expectations.

dragoneye776
11-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Wow, look at that class shown by Maryland.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11801031

hood7
11-01-2014, 06:58 PM

I've really enjoyed not having the Terps around. Enjoy your new irritants, B1G !!!

OldPhiKap
11-01-2014, 07:00 PM

Penn State doesn't know that it has been Maryland's blood lust rival for years.

Good riddance.

devildeac
11-01-2014, 07:11 PM

Good riddance.

What's that make it now for md against PSU, 2-35? They're coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

uh_no
11-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Point 1:
duke's effectively eliminates pitt, ensuring we don't need GT to be in a 3 way tiebreaker had we tied with pitt for the division. root for GT to lose from here on out

Point 2:
With UNC's loss, they no longer control their own destiny....making their stay in that category a short 1 week

Point 3:
Under my so far running assumption that FSUbeats miami and virginia, we can finish 3-1 against any of the teams and still guarantee a division crown...how?

loss to cuse or wake: we finish 6-2/4-1...with tiebreaker over 6-2 tech on head to head
loss to VT: we finish 6-2/4-2 with a tiebreaker over 6-2 tech
loss to UNC: we finish 6-2/4-2 with a tiebreaker over 6-2 tech

anyway, now lets look at more interesting scenarios, such as what if FSU doesn't beat miami or virginia:

first the less interesting: virginia beats FSU
Whatever, virginia already has 3 losses....doesn't matter

more interesting: miami beats FSU
now things get super spicey, since miami would then finish 6-2/6-0

If duke finishes 7-1, no problem
if duke finishes 6-2, then the fun begins

I we are only tied with miami...uh oh...we lose in EVERY scenario....so...we'd have to hope for some help....in fact we'd need georgia tech to be in that same 6-2 tiebreaker. In that case, it would come down to record against 5-3 teams. This could ONLY be UNC or Pitt, (since they play eachother, and UVA plays miami).

If UNC wins:
Miami wins the division, since either A: duke and GT both lost to UNC, eliminating them, or B: GT lost to UNC, eliminating them, and miami beats us head to head

IF PITT wins:
All of duke/gt/miami beat pitt, and therefore it comes to 4-4 teams....so if that includes UNC, then we'd be just as hosed as before...either way miami probably wins

So basically the following needs to happen:
duke wins out OR
miami loses another game (in which case duke can finish 6-1)

For funsies, if duke finished 2-2, AND GT lost to clemson AND miami lost to FSU, we'd have a 3 way tie at 5-3, and miami would likely win the tiebreaker due to the same scenarios as before

SO next week:
Easy
There are no coastal division games...miami UNC pitt and VT have off. root for the atlantic division team!

note: there are 15 remaining games which can affect the division outcome. they are as follows:

duke @ cuse
GT @ state
uva @ fsu

vt @ duke
clemson @ gt
fsu @ miami
pitt @ unc

unc @ duke
miami @ uva
vt @ wake
cuse @ pitt

uva @ vt
wake @ duke
pitt @ miami
ncsu @ unc

leaving exactly 2^15 = 32768 possible outcomes!

If i get bored after monday, I might code up the tiebreaker rules and brute force them all...maybe seeing if there is a we-lose-a-game-miami-beats-fsu scenario in which we can still win the division

bbosbbos
11-01-2014, 08:51 PM
You are an expert on Maths. We should have hired you as an assistant coach and let you call game plays.

Point 1:
duke's effectively eliminates pitt, ensuring we don't need GT to be in a 3 way tiebreaker had we tied with pitt for the division. root for GT to lose from here on out

Point 2:
With UNC's loss, they no longer control their own destiny....making their stay in that category a short 1 week

Point 3:
Under my so far running assumption that FSUbeats miami and virginia, we can finish 3-1 against any of the teams and still guarantee a division crown...how?

loss to cuse or wake: we finish 6-2/4-1...with tiebreaker over 6-2 tech on head to head
loss to VT: we finish 6-2/4-2 with a tiebreaker over 6-2 tech
loss to UNC: we finish 6-2/4-2 with a tiebreaker over 6-2 tech

anyway, now lets look at more interesting scenarios, such as what if FSU doesn't beat miami or virginia:

first the less interesting: virginia beats FSU
Whatever, virginia already has 3 losses....doesn't matter

more interesting: miami beats FSU
now things get super spicey, since miami would then finish 6-2/6-0

If duke finishes 7-1, no problem
if duke finishes 6-2, then the fun begins

I we are only tied with miami...uh oh...we lose in EVERY scenario....so...we'd have to hope for some help....in fact we'd need georgia tech to be in that same 6-2 tiebreaker. In that case, it would come down to record against 5-3 teams. This could ONLY be UNC or Pitt, (since they play eachother, and UVA plays miami).

If UNC wins:
Miami wins the division, since either A: duke and GT both lost to UNC, eliminating them, or B: GT lost to UNC, eliminating them, and miami beats us head to head

IF PITT wins:
All of duke/gt/miami beat pitt, and therefore it comes to 4-4 teams....so if that includes UNC, then we'd be just as hosed as before...either way miami probably wins

So basically the following needs to happen:
duke wins out OR
miami loses another game (in which case duke can finish 6-1)

For funsies, if duke finished 2-2, AND GT lost to clemson AND miami lost to FSU, we'd have a 3 way tie at 5-3, and miami would likely win the tiebreaker due to the same scenarios as before

SO next week:
Easy
There are no coastal division games...miami UNC pitt and VT have off. root for the atlantic division team!

note: there are 15 remaining games which can affect the division outcome. they are as follows:

duke @ cuse
GT @ state
uva @ fsu

vt @ duke
clemson @ gt
fsu @ miami
pitt @ unc

unc @ duke
miami @ uva
vt @ wake
cuse @ pitt

uva @ vt
wake @ duke
pitt @ miami
ncsu @ unc

leaving exactly 2^15 = 32768 possible outcomes!

If i get bored after monday, I might code up the tiebreaker rules and brute force them all...maybe seeing if there is a we-lose-a-game-miami-beats-fsu scenario in which we can still win the division

uh_no
11-01-2014, 08:52 PM
You are an expert on Maths. We should have hired you as an assistant coach and let you call game plays.

nah. just trying to get my mind off of duke's programming teams getting demolished in the ICPC regionals today :(

Newton_14
11-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Stay classy Terps. That was reddickulously childish, boorish, pick a word. If those 4 "CAPTAINS" knew just how ignorant, stupid, inmature, childish, they looked right there, they would turn in their captain credentials tomorrow.

I have seen poor sportsmanship many times but that was one of the all time lowest moves. Really Maryland?

Here is a Turtle
11-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Stay classy Terps. That was reddickulously childish, boorish, pick a word. If those 4 "CAPTAINS" knew just how ignorant, stupid, inmature, childish, they looked right there, they would turn in their captain credentials tomorrow.

I have seen poor sportsmanship many times but that was one of the all time lowest moves. Really Maryland?

Not sure if it's worth posting here on this, but I'll throw my two cents. The whole thing started when PSU players ran through Maryland's practice lines. The scuffle happened and then you saw what you saw. Not excusing what happened, but just providing context. Both sides were pretty classless throughout the game.

Ultimately, I don't care. PSU fans are terrible and pretentious. I enjoyed watching Beaver Stadium go quiet. We're bowl eligible now, and we are performing significantly better than a lot of people thought.

Newton_14
11-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Not sure if it's worth posting here on this, but I'll throw my two cents. The whole thing started when PSU players ran through Maryland's practice lines. The scuffle happened and then you saw what you saw. Not excusing what happened, but just providing context. Both sides were pretty classless throughout the game.

Ultimately, I don't care. PSU fans are terrible and pretentious. I enjoyed watching Beaver Stadium go quiet. We're bowl eligible now, and we are performing significantly better than a lot of people thought.

Everyone is different. If 4 Duke Captains did that at the opening coin flip, I would be highly embarrassed and leave to go spend my Saturday afternoon elsewhere.

alteran
11-02-2014, 12:25 AM

Good riddance.

A lot of teams are surprised to find out that they are Maryland's most hated rival. It's kinda Maryland's thing.

Enjoy, Big Whatever!

AncientPsychicT
11-02-2014, 03:29 AM

This incident just reminds me how incredibly happy I am Maryland left the ACC. I am so glad we never have to play them again (barring tourneys of course; if that matchup ever happens, I'm probably just skipping the game and looking up the score afterwards).

YmoBeThere
11-02-2014, 06:17 AM

My guess is that their takeaway is "we won the game". All else is superfluous.

AncientPsychicT
11-02-2014, 06:19 AM
My guess is that their takeaway is "we won the game". All else is superfluous.

Except this incident occurred at the beginning of the game.

Dr. Rosenrosen
11-02-2014, 09:18 AM
This incident just reminds me how incredibly happy I am Maryland left the ACC. I am so glad we never have to play them again (barring tourneys of course; if that matchup ever happens, I'm probably just skipping the game and looking up the score afterwards).
Maryland is like my 8yr old... Always in trouble somehow but always someone else's fault.

devildeac
11-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Maryland is like my 8yr old... Always in trouble somehow but always someone else's fault.

That incident, which has been linked already here, is one of the headliners on Yahoo sport. Way to go md:rolleyes:.

wilson
11-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Up to #20 in the latest coaches' poll (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24780035/coaches-poll-mississippi-state-remains-on-top-after-arkansas-scare).

uh_no
11-02-2014, 01:44 PM
up to #20 in the latest coaches' poll (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24780035/coaches-poll-mississippi-state-remains-on-top-after-arkansas-scare).

22 ap

OldPhiKap
11-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Up to #20 in the latest coaches' poll (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24780035/coaches-poll-mississippi-state-remains-on-top-after-arkansas-scare).

22 ap

IIRC, 20 was out high-water mark last year. Just keep winning!

devildeac
11-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure which thread to put this in as we have had so many about the cheaters, scofflaws and miscreants down the road and certainly don't want to start another but another heel is in the headlines:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/03/north-carolina-romar-morris-charged-dwi

I wonder what the punishment will be. He might have to sit out this Saturday (Yes, I checked the schedule already:p:rolleyes:.).

university (of)
numerous
criminals

TruBlu
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure which thread to put this in as we have had so many about the cheaters, scofflaws and miscreants down the road and certainly don't want to start another but another heel is in the headlines:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/11/03/north-carolina-romar-morris-charged-dwi

I wonder what the punishment will be. He might have to sit out this Saturday (Yes, I checked the schedule already:p:rolleyes:.).

university (of)
numerous
criminals

He will be prohibited from driving the team bus without a breath test, and will not be allowed to pick the team bar.

PDDuke85
11-03-2014, 04:33 PM
He will be prohibited from driving the team bus without a breath test, and will not be allowed to pick the team bar.

Can't a guy celebrate an A+ in AFAM studies?

seriously though, There but for the grace of God, go I.

Glad he wasn't hurt nor hurt anyone else. Learn a real lesson here young man!!

Duvall
11-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Morris has been suspended for the Pitt game. (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-rb-morris-charged-with-dwi/14143819/)

Duvall
11-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Maryland's Stefon Diggs suspended for one game (Michigan State) for, among other things, shoving a ref in Saturday's fracas. (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24782403/big-ten-reprimands-maryland-suspends-stefon-diggs-a-game)

I look forward to reading the angry paranoid rantings of Maryland fans upset that their best player has been suspended for their game against the Big Ten's only national championship hope. Park Ridge Bias!1!

Olympic Fan
11-03-2014, 05:32 PM
If College Park was Alaska in relation to the ACC offices in Greensboro, where does College Park rate in relation to the Big Ten offices?

Sierra Leone?

-jk
11-03-2014, 05:47 PM
If College Park was Alaska in relation to the ACC offices in Greensboro, where does College Park rate in relation to the Big Ten offices?

Sierra Leone?

Well, the Bigger Whatever does have a satellite office in New York City (queue that old Texas Pete ad...), so perhaps they're now in Argentina.

-jk

YmoBeThere
11-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Well, the Bigger Whatever does have a satellite office in New York City (queue that old Texas Pete ad...), so perhaps they're now in Argentina.

-jk

Texas Pete or Pace Picante sauce?

Merlindevildog91
11-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Texas Pete or Pace Picante sauce?

Pace picante.

FWIW, Texas Pete is made in...Winston-Salem, NC.

DukeSean
11-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Pace picante.

FWIW, Texas Pete is made in...Winston-Salem, NC.

As a native Texan, first experience with Texas Pete was when I got to Duke. The first line in their Wiki entry is pretty funny:

Texas Pete is a Louisiana-style hot sauce in the United States developed and manufactured by the TW Garner Food Company in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.