PDA

View Full Version : ACC announces game times for 11-8-14

jimsumner
10-27-2014, 11:54 AM
ACC Announces Football Game Times and Networks for Nov. 6- 8

GREENSBORO, N.C.—The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Monday the following game times and TV networks for its football games of Nov. 6-8.

Thursday, Nov. 6

Clemson at Wake Forest, ESPN, 7:30 p.m. (previously announced)

Saturday, Nov. 8

Georgia Tech at NC State, ACC Network or RSN*, 12:30 p.m.

Duke at Syracuse, ACC Network or RSN*, 12:30 p.m.

Virginia at Florida State, ESPN, 6:30 p.m.

Louisville at Boston College, ESPN2, 7:15 p.m.

All Times Are Eastern

*Network selection after the games of Nov. 1

Bob Green
10-27-2014, 12:00 PM
Duke at Syracuse, ACC Network or RSN*, 12:30 p.m.

That will be our fourth 12:30 kick-off in a row.

DukeSean
10-27-2014, 12:05 PM

Have our TV draws been that bad to justify this?

devildeac
10-27-2014, 12:07 PM

Any wagers if the VT game will make it 5 in a row?

If we keep on winning, I'll happily take that time again;).

AIRFORCEDUKIE
10-27-2014, 12:14 PM

No worries folks, if I recall correctly the Orange Bowl should be on nationally and at a prime viewing time ;) I will be there to tailgate and cause other ruckus.

budwom
10-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Given that we have a hoop game at 8pm I would think Duke would prefer noonish...(parking, etc)

I know TV has the final say; I have wondered if Duke has any input....some tell me we have zero, I would think we'd at least request noon (in this case).
A 3:30 game (or 7pm) would pose some logistical problems for a system that often struggles with the basics (to be kind).

johnb
10-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Even disregarding our game that evening, I like the early time. Less competition for eyeballs, plus I don't see the attraction of a Saturday night game anyway (don't young folks tend to do other things on Saturday nights?).

Most importantly, it lets me get in a good mood earlier in the day!

Olympic Fan
10-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Given that we have a hoop game at 8pm I would think Duke would prefer noonish...(parking, etc)

I know TV has the final say; I have wondered if Duke has any input....some tell me we have zero, I would think we'd at least request noon (in this case).
A 3:30 game (or 7pm) would pose some logistical problems for a system that often struggles with the basics (to be kind).

I keep complaining about our time slots and others post that it's no big deal.

Still, Louisville-BC in prime time? No. 24 Duke in another nooner.

It will be interesting to see the Duke-Va Tech time ... with the home basketball game that night.

But the Duke-Syracuse game also creates a conflict -- Duke has a basketball exhibition at 1 p.m. I know the football game is on the road, but now it's the same time as the basketball exhibition. So, if you are a Duke fan, do you want to stay home and see the Duke football team play the 'Cuse or come to Cameron and watch a basketball exhibition?

Any chance to change the BB exhibition to night to help Blue Devil fans out?

DukeSean
10-27-2014, 12:48 PM
But the Duke-Syracuse game also creates a conflict -- Duke has a basketball exhibition at 1 p.m. I know the football game is on the road, but now it's the same time as the basketball exhibition. So, if you are a Duke fan, do you want to stay home and see the Duke football team play the 'Cuse or come to Cameron and watch a basketball exhibition?

Geez, can't believe this is actually a difficult decision for many Duke fans. Exhibition basketball or a (hopefully) 7-1 and ranked Duke football game. We talkin' bout practice, man!

OldPhiKap
10-27-2014, 12:54 PM

we play the heels the Thursday after the VT game, so the earlier the better AFAIAC.

devildeac
10-27-2014, 01:00 PM
we play the heels the Thursday after the VT game, so the earlier the better AFAIAC.

Wait. I thought you always spelled concerned with a "K."

;)

(OPK and I may be the only ones who remember this one:o;).)

Bob Green
10-27-2014, 01:11 PM
So, if you are a Duke fan, do you want to stay home and see the Duke football team play the 'Cuse or come to Cameron and watch a basketball exhibition?

I'll be in Syracuse at the football game.

OldPhiKap
10-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Wait. I thought you always spelled concerned with a "K."

;)

(OPK and I may be the only ones who remember this one:o;).)

Funny, I typed it that way this time too! Caught it before hitting the submit reply button though.

AFAIK and AFAIAC are probably too close to be useful acronyms. JM(H?)O,

DU82
10-27-2014, 03:56 PM
I'll be in Syracuse at the football game.

Ditto. Earlier is better. (Same for this week's Pitt game. Allows me to drive back to Durham after the game and save a night's hotel bill.)