PDA

View Full Version : Emily K Center Fundraiser - Inside Duke Basketball 2014

tfk53
10-14-2014, 11:28 PM
I was fortunate enough to have some time come free this week which allowed me to sign up for the Emily K Center Fundraiser - Inside Duke Basketball 2014 - on Friday the 17th. I have never had a chance to see a practice plus it is for a good cause so heading to Cameron Friday afternoon.

Can anyone provide some input as to what to expect - at this particular fundraiser and at a practice in general? I have never actually attended a college practice session before though have been in Cameron several times for games. Very excited to get a peek at this Devil team and especially the crop of freshmen.

Thanks!

WiJoe
10-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Not getting much help, are ya? Can't speak for our friends on the site, but I'm very envious.

I would be interested to see how intense the competition is if the guys scrimmage. My son and I were trying to figure out a starting lineup, and it was HARD.

I would expect there will not be a lot of wasted time. I would be interested to see how active James and Scheyer are, just because they're the most-recent additions to the staff. Especially Scheyer.

Watch the freshmen, especially Grayson Allen, the least-publicized of new fellows.

I hope you will post your thoughts. We're not getting much news so far.

HAVE FUN!

:cool:

tfk53
10-17-2014, 11:50 PM
Indeed a very intense practice. I posted my thoughts as a tag to riverside6's thread re a practice report. Will not duplicate here.
Thanks