PDA

View Full Version : Tudor starting something

tteettimes
10-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Was always a Carolina biased commentator.....now trying to stir up Spurrier /Cut stuff....uggg....he was bad then and now he is proving it

Newton_14
10-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Was always a Carolina biased commentator.....now trying to stir up Spurrier /Cut stuff....uggg....he was bad then and now he is proving it

You have a link to an article or something that takes this a wee bit further?:cool:

OldPhiKap
10-13-2014, 10:41 PM
without knowing what the hell this thread is about, I will go ahead and say -- Tutor is a tool.

We call that a "blind call"

CameronBornAndBred
10-13-2014, 10:51 PM
I have enjoyed Tudor's series of grading coaches. My only beef this week is when he does show a bit of homerism with Fedora's "B". (Not for the "B", but for the following comment after the grade). I think he is right about Cut and Spurrier, too. Different eras due to a different ACC, but I agree with him.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/move-over-spurrier-cut-has-knifed-through/14073079/

OldPhiKap
10-13-2014, 10:58 PM
I have enjoyed Tudor's series of grading coaches. My only beef this week is when he does show a bit of homerism with Fedora's "B". (Not for the "B", but for the following comment after the grade). I think he is right about Cut and Spurrier, too. Different eras due to a different ACC, but I agree with him.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/move-over-spurrier-cut-has-knifed-through/14073079/

Thanks for the link. I will modify my prior post:

Tutor is right -- but still a tool.

Apologies for the confusion.

throatybeard
10-14-2014, 07:17 AM
No offense to the elderly meant, but when I saw this thread title, I was like "dude, he's still alive?"

And then I was like, "OK, he's still alive. But that dude hasn't retired?"

I remember my favorite Tudor column. It had to do with a comical juxtaposition of NASCAR and Dean Smith. W/r/t coachspeak.

77devil
10-14-2014, 10:27 AM

Tudor's comment is about as benign as it gets. He's not starting something but you might be.

oldnavy
10-14-2014, 10:54 AM

I am the opposite of a UNC homer... but the only UNC game that I have paid 'close' attention to was the Miami game last year and Fedora was absolutely responsible for the UNC loss.

Duvall
10-14-2014, 11:28 AM
No offense to the elderly meant, but when I saw this thread title, I was like "dude, he's still alive?"

And then I was like, "OK, he's still alive. But that dude hasn't retired?"

I remember my favorite Tudor column. It had to do with a comical juxtaposition of NASCAR and Dean Smith. W/r/t coachspeak.

Tudor did retire from the N&O, but still blogs from time to time.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-14-2014, 12:49 PM
I am the opposite of a UNC homer... but the only UNC game that I have paid 'close' attention to was the Miami game last year and Fedora was absolutely responsible for the UNC loss.

My neighbor is a staunch UNC fan (I try and love him anyway) and he is constantly disgusted by the NFL-level talent on the roster and the lack of execution on the field. Beyond all the sketchiness of the program, I'm unsure why the UNC administration holds onto a coach who seems mostly notorious for, well, under-performing.

cato
10-14-2014, 01:21 PM
My neighbor is a staunch UNC fan (I try and love him anyway) and he is constantly disgusted by the NFL-level talent on the roster and the lack of execution on the field. Beyond all the sketchiness of the program, I'm unsure why the UNC administration holds onto a coach who seems mostly notorious for, well, under-performing.

You might be on to something. I mean, they must have *some* reason for keeping him around.

devil84
10-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Wow! I was expecting some sort of derogatory comparison based on the OP's comment. Saying that Cut has eclipsed Spurrier as the best Duke football coach since Bill Murray in 1965 seems to me to be quite the compliment to both Cut and Spurrier, as well as Murray.

I'm not a fan of Tudor, but I can't disagree with what he said about Cut and Spurrier.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Wow! I was expecting some sort of derogatory comparison based on the OP's comment. Saying that Cut has eclipsed Spurrier as the best Duke football coach since Bill Murray in 1965 seems to me to be quite the compliment to both Cut and Spurrier, as well as Murray.

I'm not a fan of Tudor, but I can't disagree with what he said about Cut and Spurrier.

What you've described is how I interpreted Caulton's write up which came from the WRAL web site, not the N&O. This sort of praise has not been heard about Duke football or a Duke football coach in decades.... decades.

53n206
10-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Re Gurley and NC guy winning Heisman, didn't charlie Justice win the trophy in the 40's? I remember him, a great runner.

Devil in the Blue Dress
10-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Re Gurley and NC guy winning Heisman, didn't charlie Justice win the trophy in the 40's? I remember him, a great runner.

Here's a list of Heisman winners. Charlie "Choo Choo" Justice is not on the list.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/heisman.html

Olympic Fan
10-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Here's a list of Heisman winners. Charlie "Choo Choo" Justice is not on the list.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/heisman.html

Choo Choo Justice finished second in the Heisman vote in both 1948 and 1949.

throatybeard
10-15-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm kind of impressed that Tudor is still alive.

Indoor66
10-16-2014, 05:29 PM
I'm kind of impressed that Tudor is still alive.

That is a point that some still raise for debate.... :)

oldnavy
10-17-2014, 02:37 PM
That is a point that some still raise for debate.... :)

He's dead to me....

Wahoo2000
10-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Disliked his handling of voting for all-conf men's bball in 2012 when he left Mike Scott completely off the 1st team so UNC's Zeller would be the only "consensus" 1st team All-ACC selection. Still #smh at that one.