PDA

View Full Version : Ellenson to Marquette!!!

conmanlhughes
10-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Per ESPN, more details coming. Congrats Wojo!!!

conmanlhughes
10-09-2014, 10:30 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/11668727/no4-ranked-prospect-henry-ellenson-commits-marquette

tbyers11
10-09-2014, 10:55 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/11668727/no4-ranked-prospect-henry-ellenson-commits-marquette

Awesome. That is a big get for Wojo.

superdave
10-09-2014, 11:12 AM
That is cool to see. Good for Wojo and a great opportunity for Ellenson to help build something new.

UrinalCake
10-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Weren't both Duke and UNC also recruiting him at some point?

lotusland
10-09-2014, 02:26 PM
So they'll have a couple of guys over 6'7 next year. Did Wojo hire Shawn Bradley to coach up the bigs?

MCFinARL
10-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Weren't both Duke and UNC also recruiting him at some point?

Duke, definitely; I think UNC is right as well.

So they'll have a couple of guys over 6'7 next year. Did Wojo hire Shawn Bradley to coach up the bigs?

Actually, I heard he is hiring Muggsy Bogues to coach the bigs. ;)

Wheat/"/"/"
10-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Projected to be a very good big man with an inside/outside game.

He did have an offer from UNC and Duke, but it was fairly clear for a long time that being a midwest kid he was thought to be a Wisconsin or Marquette lean.

He dropped UNC and Duke from his final 3 (Marquette, MSU, KY) list a month or so ago.

Nice get for Marquette.

Tappan Zee Devil
10-09-2014, 04:57 PM
wow! wow! wow! WOW!

to quote the ESPM article
"Ellenson joins three four-star prospects in the Golden Eagles' 2015 recruiting class: point guard Nick Noskowiak, shooting guard Haanif Cheatham and center Matt Heldt.
Wojciechowski, off to a tremendous start in Year 1 on the recruiting trail, has made his presence felt in a big way in the home state of Wisconsin."

roywhite
10-09-2014, 11:10 PM
wow! wow! wow! WOW!

to quote the ESPM article
"Ellenson joins three four-star prospects in the Golden Eagles' 2015 recruiting class: point guard Nick Noskowiak, shooting guard Haanif Cheatham and center Matt Heldt.
Wojciechowski, off to a tremendous start in Year 1 on the recruiting trail, has made his presence felt in a big way in the home state of Wisconsin."

Wow-jo indeed.

So this class represents the Godfathers of Marquette basketball?
(no disrespect to Al McGuire)

flyingdutchdevil
10-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Wow-jo indeed.

So this class represents the Godfathers of Marquette basketball?
(no disrespect to Al McGuire)

I really like the approach that Wojo took for the coaching job. No disrespect to Dawkins or Collins, but Wojo went after the decent-sized fish in a decent-sized pond, a place where the coach has some assets for recruiting. With Dawkins, Stanford basketball has been overshadowed by football in the last decade. Stanford has been pretty good in basketball before Dawkins (and getting better), but it's not easy asking recruits to come to an academic school without much of a reputation. I mean, if you are a smart kid looking for a great balance between academics and basketball, isn't Duke always going to top that list? And for Collins? His battle is even higher, but at least he doesn't have the same expectations as Dawkins. If Collins makes the tournament in the next decade, that would be a massive victory.

Wojo will have loftier expectations, but at least he has a muuuuch higher baseline from which to start with (and as is evident by the recruits. If Wojo has at Stanford or Northwestern, I highly doubt he even smells any of these recruits).

kAzE
10-10-2014, 12:47 PM
It was a great situation for Ellenson, to be sure. Home state, brother is on the team, 3 other 4 star recruits coming in with him.

I'm not doubting Wojo's ability to recruit at all, but he definitely had some help from the perfect set of circumstances to land this guy. I'm excited for him and Marquette. I might have to try to make it down to Milwaukee sometime this year to catch a game.

brevity
10-10-2014, 01:53 PM
I might have to try to make it down to Milwaukee sometime this year to catch a game.

Here's an option.

Thursday 1/22 Milwaukee Bucks vs. Utah Jazz
Saturday 1/24 Marquette vs. Georgetown

I'm sure there are ways to make a more tightly scheduled Wojo/Jabari combo, but this one also has Rodney Hood, Quin Snyder, and maybe Dahntay Jones.