PDA

View Full Version : Seating in Cameron

NW Indiana Dukie
10-08-2014, 07:04 PM
I am pretty excited--have a chance to get my hands on some tickets for Countdown 2 Craziness for my family. We have been to Cameron before but never for a live event. The tickets are in section 13 row m even number seats from 16-34. Question is: which seats are closer to the center of the floor? I would rather not get the ones closer to the corner. Needless to say, I have two girls, 11 and 9, that are over the top excited to go. It is going to be a long 2 weeks until the event but it will be well worth it to see their faces when we do get there.

Thanks for any and all help you may have!

BigWayne
10-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Go here:

https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&_MODE_=SEASONSELECT&SALE_TKT_SEASON_ID=205736

Click on section 13 and you can see what seat numbers are which by clicking on them.
Note that the map for section 13 by itself is with floor at the top vs. the other way in the overall stadium map.

-jk
10-08-2014, 08:23 PM
I think even would be best at lower seat number - closer to the aisle. You'll be mostly corner...

http://www.irondukes.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5100&ATCLID=178298

-jk

Newton_14
10-08-2014, 08:30 PM
I am pretty excited--have a chance to get my hands on some tickets for Countdown 2 Craziness for my family. We have been to Cameron before but never for a live event. The tickets are in section 13 row m even number seats from 16-34. Question is: which seats are closer to the center of the floor? I would rather not get the ones closer to the corner. Needless to say, I have two girls, 11 and 9, that are over the top excited to go. It is going to be a long 2 weeks until the event but it will be well worth it to see their faces when we do get there.

Thanks for any and all help you may have!

This link of the seating map s (https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/2484486.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=4200&DB_OEM_ID=4200)hould help you. Does not show exact seat numbers but does show odd/even and the evens start at seat 2 from the aisle and progress up from there. You are going to be in the corner for sure but 16 would put you as close as you can get away from the corner if I am reading the map correctly.

uh_no
10-08-2014, 11:01 PM
I think even would be best at lower seat number - closer to the aisle. You'll be mostly corner...

http://www.irondukes.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5100&ATCLID=178298

-jk

i should add that it pretty much doesn't matter whether you're in the corner....almost EVERY seat is a good seat....unless you're behind a beam in the back row of the corner....which are not as great

Newton_14
10-08-2014, 11:11 PM
i should add that it pretty much doesn't matter whether you're in the corner....almost EVERY seat is a good seat....unless you're behind a beam in the back row of the corner....which are not as great
Totally agree! Section 1 Row F is one of my favorites. Great view and great view of the Duke bench. Great memories from that row! Company is quite good too:p

devildeac
10-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Totally agree! Section 1 Row F is one of my favorites. Great view and great view of the Duke bench. Great memories from that row! Company is quite good too:p

9F is my favorite;).

NW Indiana Dukie
10-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks for all of your replies! The tickets have been bought and my family will be making the trip down! I think my girls are already packed:D

trinity92
10-09-2014, 02:36 PM
I'll be attending C2C too, my first game in Cameron since Michigan came to campus in 1993. The tickets say the doors open at 6:30 and game starts at 8. I have an assigned seat upstairs (don't have ticket in front of me to see exact seat/section). For those that have been to C2C before, other than teaching my wife how to cheer at Cameron, what benefit is there to showing up early? Are there any official activities before 8pm or would one show up early just to have a chance to soak up all the Cameron you can?

uh_no
10-09-2014, 06:13 PM
I'll be attending C2C too, my first game in Cameron since Michigan came to campus in 1993. The tickets say the doors open at 6:30 and game starts at 8. I have an assigned seat upstairs (don't have ticket in front of me to see exact seat/section). For those that have been to C2C before, other than teaching my wife how to cheer at Cameron, what benefit is there to showing up early? Are there any official activities before 8pm or would one show up early just to have a chance to soak up all the Cameron you can?

been a couple years since I've been to C2C...so don't know if the players warm up on the court....but worst case, you show up, nothing's happening on court, so you go check out the museum.

wk2109
10-09-2014, 06:29 PM

There are usually carnival-like activities starting mid-afternoon around Cameron/K-ville. I couldn't find last year's schedule but this is the schedule from CTC 2012: http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205712243.

Kimist
10-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Row M is the second row from the back. You are across from the visitor's bench, nearest the Pep Band.

Seat 34 is the end seat, closest to the corner. BUT that is directly above the entrance from where the home team normally enters CIS.

As others have noted, there are not really any bad seats in Cameron.

You should make it a point to visit the Duke Basketball Museum and Duke Athletics Hall of Fame, located adjacent to Cameron Indoor Stadium. That area is generally open to the public, and on game days opens somewhere around an hour before tip-off time? Unless you choose to visit during the "public" time, you should have plenty of time to see the area before/after the game itself. Also be sure you take a lap around the main concourse underneath the seats. There are many pictures and several exhibits, such as "The Bubas Years." Take your camera!

k

HK Dukie
10-10-2014, 12:21 AM
9F is my favorite;).

I completely agree

OZZIE4DUKE
10-10-2014, 01:29 AM
9F is my favorite;).

I completely agree
And obviously, so do I!

Section 13 even seats is where I've plopped my butt for the last 21 seasons! GTHc! 9F!