TE Dan Beilinson (upper body)

CB Johnathan Lloyd (lower body)

OL Trip McNeill (lower body)

OL Jake Sanders (upper body)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

TE Braxton Deaver (leg)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

Could be worse. We could have seen Dez and/or Lucas in the OUT or OUT FOR SEASON section, which is what I feared when we saw them driven out of WW at the half.

Bob Green
09-18-2014, 06:21 PM
I definitely view this report as good news. Dezmond Johnson and Lucas Patrick are guys we need on the field when the conference schedule kicks in. Patrick was not able to put any weight on his leg as he was assisted off the field last Saturday so I was worried he was lost for the season or an extended period. I hope we rest them against Tulane if at all possible to get them healed up for the trip to Miami.

mattman91
09-18-2014, 07:10 PM
That's a LOT of injured linemen. Who should get PT at TE?

Olympic Fan
09-18-2014, 07:28 PM

The same guys that got PT in the first three games ... there's been no change at that position.

mattman91
09-18-2014, 07:49 PM
The same guys that got PT in the first three games ... there's been no change at that position.

Ahh, I have only been able to see the KU game so far. I'm still trying to get used to Duke being a football school.

jimsumner
09-18-2014, 09:13 PM

Duke has three healthy, recruited tight ends, D.J. Reeves, Erich Schneider and true freshman Davis Koppenhaver. Redshirt freshman Quay Chambers has been moved to TE but he's a mere wisp of a lad, 6-3, 205. There's also a walk-on named Conor Peters but he doesn't seem to be a viable option.

CameronBornAndBred
09-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Sounds like Dez is definitely out but Patrick could see the field. Hopefully the game is a blowout and their won't be need for either of them.

While Duke coach David Cutcliffe said defensive end Dezmond Johnson won’t be ready to play, left guard Lucas Patrick has a chance to get back on the field.
“He hasn’t done much in practice this week but he really looks good,” Cutcliffe said. “We’ll see where it leads us to.”
Johnson’s return is considered week-to-week. He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Jonathan Jones with Kyler Brown and Britton Grier also getting plenty of playing time in a reserve role.
http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/x1412772807/Duke-injury-update-Johnson-out-Patrick-possible

budwom
09-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Patrick's replacement, Cody Robinson, is arguably our most experienced backup, so the dropoff is not that great (in talent).