PDA

View Full Version : ACC kinda, maybe, sorta announces game times for 9-27.

jimsumner
09-15-2014, 02:39 PM
The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced the following

game times and networks for Saturday, Sept. 27.

ESPN has declared a six day option for three games. Those game times and networks will be announced no later than noon on this Sunday (Sept. 21).

North Carolina at Clemson, six day option*

Duke at Miami, six day option*

Florida State at NC State, six day option*

Saturday, Sept. 27

Western Michigan at Virginia Tech, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

Colorado State at Boston College, RSN, 12:30 p.m.

Akron at Pitt, ESPN3, 1:30 p.m.

Wake Forest at Louisville, ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

Kent State at Virginia, ESPN3, 3:30 p.m.

Notre Dame vs. Syracuse, ABC, 8 p.m.

(MetLife Stadium, The Meadowlands, East Rutherford, N.J.)

All times are Eastern.

CameronBornAndBred
09-15-2014, 02:47 PM
I hate the six day option. Especially when we are at home, because we have no idea what our tailgate menu will be until they give us a time frame to work with. At least Miami is an away game. I am guessing that we will see a few more of these options though, especially in November, and even more so if we are a contender in the Coastal.

devildeac
09-15-2014, 02:55 PM
I hate the six day option. Especially when we are at home, because we have no idea what our tailgate menu will be until they give us a time frame to work with. At least Miami is an away game. I am guessing that we will see a few more of these options though, especially in November, and even more so if we are a contender in the Coastal.

You could make the trip to Miami and have the Iron Dukes cater your all-you-can-eat-and-drink beer/wine/food tailgate. To the tune of $115 PP (no typo).That's just insane.

BigWayne
09-15-2014, 03:08 PM
You could make the trip to Miami and have the Iron Dukes cater your all-you-can-eat-and-drink beer/wine/food tailgate. To the tune of $115 PP (no typo).That's just insane.

I passed on a similar opportunity at Stanford because I decided that if I drank that much beer I wouldn't be able to see the game anyway.

BigWayne
09-15-2014, 03:12 PM
On the schedule issue, I read this as they are mostly waiting to see who wins between Clemson and FSU
and/or if Miami can pull off the upset at Nebraska. They are probably also wary of UNC getting keel hauled in Greenville.

CameronBornAndBred
09-15-2014, 03:31 PM
On the schedule issue, I read this as they are mostly waiting to see who wins between Clemson and FSU
and/or if Miami can pull off the upset at Nebraska. They are probably also wary of UNC getting keel hauled in Greenville.
Go Pirates!

Mabdul Doobakus
09-15-2014, 09:51 PM

I live in Miami, and this is pretty annoying. I want to go to the game, but I'm not buying tickets until I have some idea what time the game is being played.

CameronBornAndBred
09-15-2014, 11:29 PM
I live in Miami, and this is pretty annoying. I want to go to the game, but I'm not buying tickets until I have some idea what time the game is being played.
Tickets are not sold out at Duke, either, and I think what you said can make a difference on those unsold games. Football games are often a planned family event! Nobody wants to commit a handful of tickets and money to a game that might be at an inconvenient time. For some, too late, for some too early, but at least two weeks lets people know if they should bother.

uh_no
09-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Tickets are not sold out at Duke, either, and I think what you said can make a difference on those unsold games. Football games are often a planned family event! Nobody wants to commit a handful of tickets and money to a game that might be at an inconvenient time. For some, too late, for some too early, but at least two weeks lets people know if they should bother.

sighhhh...ESPN pays us big bucks, though, to determine when those games are....unfortunately the cost for us is in ticket sales....

asbcheeks
09-17-2014, 11:34 AM
http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/

FWIW, this guy claims the 3 options for the 3 held games are as follows:

3:30pm ABC/ESPN2 (regional split with Mich-Minn)
7pm ESPN2
7pm ESPNU

Hope this is true as it eliminates noon as an option and provides those of us traveling down for the game with a more manageable sun/temp situation in the stadium as well as a little more pregame beach time.

BigWayne
09-17-2014, 03:30 PM
http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/

FWIW, this guy claims the 3 options for the 3 held games are as follows:

3:30pm ABC/ESPN2 (regional split with Mich-Minn)
7pm ESPN2
7pm ESPNU

Hope this is true as it eliminates noon as an option and provides those of us traveling down for the game with a more manageable sun/temp situation in the stadium as well as a little more pregame beach time.

I think he is right it won't be the noon slot. From checking DirecTV, it looks like ESPN/ABC has 4 slots at Noon, 5 at the 3:30 ish slot, and 4 at the 7PM slot. There are already 4 games slated for Noon, 3 at the 3:30 slot, and two at 7 or 8. These three ACC TBD games have to go into those 3:30 or 7 slots.

awhom111
09-17-2014, 04:58 PM
I think he is right it won't be the noon slot. From checking DirecTV, it looks like ESPN/ABC has 4 slots at Noon, 5 at the 3:30 ish slot, and 4 at the 7PM slot. There are already 4 games slated for Noon, 3 at the 3:30 slot, and two at 7 or 8. These three ACC TBD games have to go into those 3:30 or 7 slots.

The man behind that website spends more time than anyone else on college football and basketball on television. Once he puts the options up, those are pretty much going to be right barring something incredibly unusual.