PDA

View Full Version : Amile?

grossbus
09-06-2014, 11:30 AM
i have lost track...what was his june injury?

Newton_14
09-06-2014, 11:34 AM
i have lost track...what was his june injury?

I believe it was lower back/hip related? I saw him at the Elon FB game with his girlfriend and he was walking normally. The reports are that he is back on the court but light duty only (has been dunking though). Supposed to be cleared for full contact practice prior to the start of practice next month.

No vigil required based on what we know today. We need him though. He may be the single most important player on the roster this year to be honest, given we have no experienced back up at the 4 spot.

subzero02
09-06-2014, 12:03 PM
I agree... I also expect his on court leadership and communication to be huge in the development of our freshmen defensively...

Henderson
09-06-2014, 12:10 PM
I believe it was lower back/hip related? I saw him at the Elon FB game with his girlfriend and he was walking normally. The reports are that he is back on the court but light duty only (has been dunking though). Supposed to be cleared for full contact practice prior to the start of practice next month.

No vigil required based on what we know today. We need him though. He may be the single most important player on the roster this year to be honest, given we have no experienced back up at the 4 spot.

Looks like it was a hip. But it must have been a doozy, since it was 3 months ago. As any road cyclist knows, that "pelvic basket" can easily be cracked with a hard fall, so I wouldn't be surprised if he suffered a hairline fracture (my uninformed speculation). If so, nothing to do but rest and let it heal. DukeUpdate has the link (http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/x950251499/Blue-Devils-work-without-Krzyzewski). From the article, it appears as though he'll be good to go by the opener and should be fully healed in time for the start of official practice.

And from that article, we know that Okafor is "Dancing Bear" and Allen is "Pit Bull." For Tyus, I propose, "The Professor" and for Justice, "Shoulders".

jipops
09-06-2014, 01:53 PM

I don't know about most important, but he is undoubtedly critical. Without him the makeup of the team changes rather drastically, especially on the defensive end.

ricks68
09-06-2014, 03:50 PM

I agree. He's like an elongated "Nate Dog" as far as I am concerned. He may hopefully turn out to be even be more Nate Dog than Nate Dog.

ricks

BD80
09-06-2014, 04:12 PM
I agree. He's like an elongated "Nate Dog" as far as I am concerned. He may hopefully turn out to be even be more Nate Dog than Nate Dog.

ricks

That would be like more Chuck Norris than Chuck Norris. Even if it were possible, it would destroy the very fabric of the Universe as we know it.

FWIW: I have a feeling that Justise will be one of our two or three best players next year.

ricks68
09-06-2014, 05:17 PM
That would be like more Chuck Norris than Chuck Norris. Even if it were possible, it would destroy the very fabric of the Universe as we know it.

FWIW: I have a feeling that Justise will be one of our two or three best players next year.

I think everyone will be surprised how intelligent a player he might be. He went to a private high school that is very difficult to get into, and does not favor athletes.

ricks

77devil
09-06-2014, 07:22 PM
I think everyone will be surprised how intelligent a player he might be. He went to a private high school that is very difficult to get into, and does not favor athletes.

ricks

While Amile did attend Friends Central, a fine Quaker private school in suburban Philadelphia, it is neither very difficult to get into or indifferent to athletes. They are commonly referred to as community scholars.

Now anyone who has watched Amile play for Duke knows he is an intelligent player. His court position, help defense, and rebounding demonstrate a high basketball IQ. I don't believe many will be surprised. Indeed, we are aware.

BD80
09-06-2014, 07:32 PM
While Amile did attend Friends Central, a fine Quaker private school in suburban Philadelphia, it is neither very difficult to get into or indifferent to athletes. They are commonly referred to as community scholars.

Now anyone who has watched Amile play for Duke knows he is an intelligent player. His court position, help defense, and rebounding demonstrate a high basketball IQ. I don't believe many will be surprised. Indeed, we are aware.

I don't believe he was referring to Amile ...

It seems you weren't doing Winslow Justise

gam7
09-08-2014, 12:28 AM
I saw that recent video of the team playing wiffle ball and Amile was playing with the rest of the guys. Wiffle ball is basically the same thing as basketball, so I would imagine the injury is pretty close to healed at this point.

wilson
09-08-2014, 07:24 AM
I really hope Amile is back to full strength before the season begins. I thought he quietly had one of the best seasons of anyone on the team last year. By "best season," I mean that he performed as consistently near his personal peak as anyone. Particularly in the new era of college basketball, veteran leadership is a premium commodity, and I'm looking for Amile to be a very valuable asset in '14-'15.

subzero02
09-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Glad to hear that Amile is close to 100 percent

Henderson
09-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Glad to hear that Amile is close to 100 percent

K says he's 95% now. He's lost some explosiveness due to his inability to work out his legs while his hip healed. But the prognosis is for Amile to be 100% by the start of the season, with plenty of 100% practice time before that.

dukelifer
09-21-2014, 04:49 PM
I saw that recent video of the team playing wiffle ball and Amile was playing with the rest of the guys. Wiffle ball is basically the same thing as basketball, so I would imagine the injury is pretty close to healed at this point.

This kind of wiffle ball?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulp6dsF4iVA

NashvilleDevil
09-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Column (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/100247/team-effort-kept-duke-running-smoothly-with-coach-k-abroad) about how Capel handled things while in Spain but the last sentence may get Duke fans excited about this year's team.