PDA

View Full Version : Duke Radio Network -- Streaming?

Henderson
09-01-2014, 02:43 PM
The Duke Radio Network is made up of 39 stations by my count. Do any of those stations stream live for Duke Football and Basketball?

Apologies if this has been covered. I did a search here and didn't find anything, and trying each station one by one is daunting. I can always pay BDN for the audio (pretty cheap) or audio and video "for selected games" for a bit more. I'd like the option of streaming online radio broadcasts for free, because I'm cheap.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OldPhiKap
09-01-2014, 03:07 PM
The Duke Radio Network is made up of 39 stations by my count. Do any of those stations stream live for Duke Football and Basketball?

Apologies if this has been covered. I did a search here and didn't find anything, and trying each station one by one is daunting. I can always pay BDN for the audio (pretty cheap) or audio and video "for selected games" for a bit more. I'd like the option of streaming online radio broadcasts for free, because I'm cheap.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This station in Albemarle (WZKY) used to stream the games, and they have an app too:

http://www.1010wspc.com

Have not tried it in a few years though.

Merlindevildog91
09-01-2014, 05:10 PM
I got a message from the TuneIn Radio app that invited me to listen to Duke games all year. Seems like the original app set me back $1.99. I was at the game on Saturday so I didn't try it, but I will this week.

I know there are a variety of college games on every Saturday. As a confirmed insomniac, I can say TuneIn live streamed Oregon and Hawaii football games last year.

CameronBornAndBred
09-01-2014, 05:42 PM
The stations that do stream are supposed to kill their feed during both football and basketball games. Most of them adhere to that rule, you might get lucky in your search, though.
A great solution is to shell out the very minimal charge for the audio feed supplied by goduke.com. (When you do, you have access to the "pro" version of the GoDuke app and stream it on your mobile device.)

Henderson
09-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the help, gentlemen. I'll try the Albemarle station on Saturday. It works during non-sporting events. Sean Hannity was enlightening me about Ferguson, Missouri when I checked it out yesterday. But after a long shower, I was good to go.

Regarding the possible blacking out of streaming games: I wonder why a non-subscription radio station would make the broadcasts free for those in the listening area but not for those beyond. We all have to listen to the ads. If IMG wants people to pay up to hear the games, the principle would seem to apply to those in North Carolina too. I don't mind listening to the ads on the stream, and there'd be national ad revenue out there if the network wanted to advertise national products and services. Heck, they've already convinced me that the Washington Duke Inn is the place to stay in Durham when I go there. I guess I don't understand the radio/internet biz.