PDA

View Full Version : Cutcliffe-Mannings Documentary

martydoesntfoul
08-27-2014, 03:32 PM
A documentary on Peyton, Eli and their relationship with Coach Cut will air at 10PM ET/PT September 2 on Showtime.

"I'll be indebted to him forever," Peyton says...

Tom B.
08-29-2014, 04:10 PM
A documentary on Peyton, Eli and their relationship with Coach Cut will air at 10PM ET/PT September 2 on Showtime.

Here's a preview:

http://www.sho.com/sho/video/titles/32980/coach-cutcliffe-and-the-manning-brothers---60-minutes-sports-preview

I don't get Showtime, so someone who's able to watch it will have to post a summary here. Looks like it could be a nice little recruiting video for Duke.

roywhite
08-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Here's a preview:

http://www.sho.com/sho/video/titles/32980/coach-cutcliffe-and-the-manning-brothers---60-minutes-sports-preview

I don't get Showtime, so someone who's able to watch it will have to post a summary here. Looks like it could be a nice little recruiting video for Duke.

That's great stuff, not just for Duke, but for those who value a teacher/student relationship that lasts over the years.

Heard Kevin White recently, talking on David Glenn's show about Cut's ways. He said that Cut has developed and virtually perfected a "widget factory" where he teaches and trains football players with an incredible eye for technique and detail. White said that Cut has been doing this at Duke since he got here, and that every year the quality of his recruits continues to improve, so that now this widget factory is turning out more guys who have the ability to play in the NFL.

We're incredibly fortunate as Duke fans to have David Cutcliffe and Mike Krzyzewski as our major sport coaches. They are great teachers, motivators, leaders, and terrific human beings.

Tom B.
08-29-2014, 06:32 PM
That's great stuff, not just for Duke, but for those who value a teacher/student relationship that lasts over the years.

Heard Kevin White recently, talking on David Glenn's show about Cut's ways. He said that Cut has developed and virtually perfected a "widget factory" where he teaches and trains football players with an incredible eye for technique and detail. White said that Cut has been doing this at Duke since he got here, and that every year the quality of his recruits continues to improve, so that now this widget factory is turning out more guys who have the ability to play in the NFL.

We're incredibly fortunate as Duke fans to have David Cutcliffe and Mike Krzyzewski as our major sport coaches. They are great teachers, motivators, leaders, and terrific human beings.

As all Duke fans should be, I'm thoroughly enjoying the contrast in media coverage right now.

Come play for Duke, and you'll learn under -- and make a lifelong bond with -- a great coach who has the stamp of approval from two of the best and most decorated signal-callers in the game today.

Go play for Carolina, and your teammates will gang-whup you for sport to the point of hospitalization.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-29-2014, 06:33 PM

One more tidbit: the producer is Rome Hartman, T '77.

duke79
09-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Here's a preview:

Watched this 60 Minutes Sports episode (and recorded it on my DVR - it is well worth recording) last night on Showtime. I would highly recommend it to any Duke fan (or even non-Duke fan). Great story about the relationship between Coach Cutcliffe and Peyton and Eli Manning. However, it is more than just a story about the Mannings' relationship to Coach Cut - the story focuses heavily on Coach Cut's efforts and success at restoring the Duke football program. There is an interview with Coach K and extensive video of Duke and Duke athletics.

This story just confirms, in my mind, that Duke is extremely lucky to have Coach Cut as our football coach. Let's hope he finishes out his coaching career in Durham.

Again, I would highly recommend watching this episode. I don't know if it is available online at this point in time.

IsInTheDetails
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
This story just confirms, in my mind, that Duke is extremely lucky to have Coach Cut as our football coach. Let's hope he finishes out his coaching career in Durham.

Again, I would highly recommend watching this episode. I don't know if it is available online at this point in time.

Terrific piece, as much about Cutcliffe and Duke as it is about the Mannings. This 20-minute clip should be played on a continuous loop in the Yoh Football Center when recruits are coming through. Coach Cut's full range and depth are on full display - the intensity, the charm, and the incredible football sense. The respect that Peyton and Eli hold for Cut is palpable.

After watching that video, I felt the same way I've often felt after seeing Coach K speak. . .who wouldn't want to play for that man?

OZZIE4DUKE
09-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Great piece! Thanks for linking the preview.

Henderson
09-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Is the full segment available anywhere for replay yet?

duke79
09-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Is the full segment available anywhere for replay yet?

I did a cursory search online this morning and did not see any websites where you can watch the entire episode. I believe "60 Minutes Sports" will eventually have it on their website. It's too bad it's not available online at this point in time. It really is a great story and very laudatory to Coach Cut and to Duke. It should be mandatory viewing for any potential athletic recruit (and really any potential student) who might be interested in coming to Duke (and not just for football recruits, although it will be a great recruiting tool for football). I've recorded it on my DVR and have already watched it three times ! It shows the type of people that Duke hires and employs. From what I could discern in the interviews, even the Manning brothers seemed to have a great deal of respect for Duke. All in all, a great story. Kudos to CBS for a very well done piece.

-jk
04-14-2017, 11:53 PM
Ouch... (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/04/13/lawsuit-claims-eli-manning-email-incriminates-him-in-giants-memorabilia-scam/?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-in-the-news%3Apage%2Fin-the-news&utm_term=.cfaa0a493450)

"Lawsuit claims Eli Manning email incriminates him in Giants memorabilia scam." Serious breach of trust!

-jk