PDA

View Full Version : Griner engaged

throatybeard
08-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Well how bout this. Young love.

http://www.foxsports.com/other/story/phoenix-mercury-brittney-griner-tulsa-shock-glory-johnson-engaged-081514?ocid=fbmsn

Griner is engaged to Glory Johnson. I've always liked that name. I know a guy, a poet who actually wrote a sestina (?!?), at some small liberal arts college in Alabama. His wife's name is Glory. She saved a lot of our inebriated selves at MLA in 2006, because yada yada.

One wonders what state they're going to do this in. The four where their alma maters and professional franchises are located are probably near the bottom of the list, as legal issues go.

Duvall
08-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Well how bout this. Young love.

http://www.foxsports.com/other/story/phoenix-mercury-brittney-griner-tulsa-shock-glory-johnson-engaged-081514?ocid=fbmsn

Griner is engaged to Glory Johnson. I've always liked that name. I know a guy, a poet who actually wrote a sestina (?!?), at some small liberal arts college in Alabama. His wife's name is Glory. She saved a lot of our inebriated selves at MLA in 2006, because yada yada.

One wonders what state they're going to do this in. The four where their alma maters and professional franchises are located are probably near the bottom of the list, as legal issues go.

There's always New Mexico, in between Phoenix and Tulsa.

throatybeard
08-15-2014, 10:55 PM
There's always New Mexico, in between Phoenix and Tulsa.

Hmm. That may explain why, if I'm not mistaken, the USA's foremost Puccini soprano Patricia Racette, and her wife, mezzo Beth Clayton, are based in Santa Fe. That and the amazing company there.

BD80
08-15-2014, 11:34 PM
Interesting from a competition standpoint. Once married they will each have a direct financial interest in how well the other performs, and how far the spouse's team advances in the playoffs. Kind of a conflict of interest when they play each other.

We've had fathers play sons, brothers and cousins play each other, but spouses?