PDA

View Full Version : Dukies in the NFL 2014

fc3
08-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Juwan Thompson

5 carries for 59 yards

Looking good in the 2 open practices I've seen, and looking great tonight. Would love to see him make the team.

FerryFor50
08-08-2014, 09:51 AM
http://fansided.com/2014/08/08/bengals-qb-matt-scott-vomits-field-throws-touchdown-pass-video/#!byVoFs

Mad props to Vernon. I don't know that I would even *want* to catch that one...

IsInTheDetails
08-08-2014, 10:39 AM
He showed both power and speed in the game last night, but most importantly he showed decisiveness. As soon as a hole opened up, he had a foot in the ground and was through it. With two of the Broncos' top three RBs currently down, Juwan will get a ton of looks during the preseason, and even when those guys are back, his special teams prowess should keep him on the roster.

As it relates to Duke Football, it can't hurt to have NFL announcers mentioning "Duke" and "David Cutcliffe" frequently on TV. During the telecast last night, John Lynch (I believe) made the point that Juwan's smarts coming from Duke and Cutcliffe's program were an edge --- he's less overwhelmed by the playbook and more focused on playing football.

Continued signs that Duke Football's trajectory is steeply upward-sloping. It won't be long before other NFL executives see the quality of players available in Durham. The Broncos are early to the game, since Peyton knows Cutcliffe's program better than most.

UrinalCake
08-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Nah, I heard Conner did some pre-draft training with Rodney Hood to prepare for this type of situation.

(Kidding, of course)

budwom
08-08-2014, 10:58 AM
brings new meaning to the phrase "hurling a touchdown pass"

watzone
08-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Here is a link hot of the press from Denver on Juwan - http://gazette.com/blog-never-heard-of-broncos-juwan-thompson-thats-the-point/article/1535248

roywhite
08-08-2014, 11:53 AM
And we know he's excellent on special teams, so that should work for him in making the roster.

sagegrouse
08-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Here is a link hot of the press from Denver on Juwan - http://gazette.com/blog-never-heard-of-broncos-juwan-thompson-thats-the-point/article/1535248

Money quotes from Paul Klee (I love his paintings!):

By Paul Klee Published: August 8, 2014

Other than what I’ve seen from Broncos running back Juwan Thompson in training camp, I didn’t know much about him. I knew he went to Duke. I knew he entered Broncos camp as an undrafted free agent.

I knew that every time I went on a radio show this week, I told the host to keep an eye out for Juwan Thompson, that he's got a chance, and I really like his game.

Looks like a sleeper. The article goes on to mention that he likes the Broncos pass-first offense 'cuz it's complicated and is what he has experience with (Go Duke!), which would not be the view of most RBs coming into the league.

CameronBornAndBred
08-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Nice article on both Juwan Thompson and Kenny Anunike.

First, Juwan Thompson looked like a stud. He finished the game with 59 yards on six carries but also had some explosive runs called back on bogus penalties. The Broncos are on the hunt for a fourth running back behind Montee Ball, Ronnie Hillman, and CJ Anderson and right now, Thompson appears to have a hold on it.

Anunike struggled with injuries throughout his Duke career, even being granted a sixth year of eligibility in his time there. However, since coming to the Broncos, he’s been nothing short of spectacular, applying constant pressure and winning one-on-one situations in practice and doing much of the same in Thursday night’s game.
http://nflmocks.com/2014/08/08/broncos-vs-seahawks-duke-blue-devil-udfas-shine-denver-victory/

IsInTheDetails
08-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Apparently catching a vomit-ball for a touchdown wasn't enough (http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/9874/bengals-preseason-opener-cuts-conner-vernon?ex_cid=espnapi_public). Conner did so many great things in a Duke uniform, and his toughness is off the charts, but it seems like he might have trouble sticking in the NFL.

FerryFor50
08-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Duke vs UNC, NFL edition.

Sean Renfeee and TJ Yates are battling for the backup job behind Matt Ryan. Given Yates' previous NFL experience and the fact that Renfree is outplaying him so far.

Another chapter in the optimal UNC season?

dukejim1
08-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Eric Karabell
Team-by-team running back outlook
" Montee Ball will be awesome. If not, for health, performance or blocking reasons, I still view it as doubtful Ronnie Hillman turns into a 20-touch guy per game. I do think if anyone becomes the next Knowshon Moreno, coming out of nowhere for this franchise, it's not Hillman or C.J. Anderson, but Juwan Thompson."

Bob Green
08-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Thompson also received some good press from CBSSports:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24671282/nfl-training-camps-lesser-known-rookies-ready-to-contribute

2. Broncos RB Juan Thompson: A former Duke player with run skills and an ability to be a third-down back. With Montee Ball sidelined, he was getting work with the No. 1 offense and I was impressed.

Now they need to learn to spell his name!

Bob Green
08-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Sean Renfree and Juwan Thompson had good games last night:

Duke Football ‏@Duke_FB · 3m
Former #Duke QB Sean Renfree was 5-of-7 passing for 59 yards & QBR of 96.7 last night for @Atlanta_Falcons. #DukeintheNFL #GoDuke

Duke Football ‏@Duke_FB · 2m
Once again, former #Duke RB @JuwanJuju23 led the @Broncos in rushing with 4 carries for 33 yards (8.3) last night. #DukeintheNFL #GoDuke

Unfortunately, Conner Vernon was cut by the Detroit Lions.

CameronBornAndBred
08-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Thad Lewis did not play at all yesterday, and has not had a good camp or been impressive in his pre-season games. It looks like Tuel will be taking over his spot as the backup QB for the Bills.

NovaScotian
08-24-2014, 08:44 PM
Thad Lewis did not play at all yesterday, and has not had a good camp or been impressive in his pre-season games. It looks like Tuel will be taking over his spot as the backup QB for the Bills.

let's hope the now desperate rams want thad back since they are in dire straits with bradford out.

Dev11
08-25-2014, 09:07 AM
I went to the Broncos game this weekend and got all kinds of hyped to see Juwan out there. He played on most kick and punt returns, and looked good running the ball during third string reps. I don't think I spotted Kenny.

nmduke2001
08-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Unfortunately, Conner Vernon was cut by the Detroit Lions.

I wonder if Vernon made a good enough impression with Peyton Manning during the preseason workouts at Duke to get a look by the Broncos now that Welker is out again. Btw, I wonder if this might be the end of the road for Welker. He has had 3 concussions in under 9 months.

JasonEvans
08-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Falcons coach Mike Smith says no one has won the backup QB job yet, but everyone says Renfree appears to have the lead on TJ Yates at this point. Renfree would, I believe, be eligible for the practice squad while Yates would not so it is possible they will try to keep both that way. Most folks seem to think the Falcons don't want to keep 3 QBs. We'll see how it shakes out.

-Jason "rooting for Sean but, as a Falcons fan, I hope he only very rarely plays... like late in games only" Evans

dukelifer
08-26-2014, 10:50 AM
let's hope the now desperate rams want thad back since they are in dire straits with bradford out.

We will find out- Thad was just released.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/26/bills-release-qb-thad-lewis/

HK Dukie
08-26-2014, 10:24 PM
(1) Quote "Denver Broncos RB Juwan Thompson: The Next Terrell Davis?"

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/08/13/juwan-thompson-next-terrell-davis/

I love some of the comments too like this one "Plus I failed to mention he's probably more NFL ready than the other UDFA's because he played in David Cutcliffe's system at Duke."

(2) Good job Renfree. Like Jason said, I hope he just plays sparingly for now but is the backup (Go Falcons!)

(3) Disappointing news about Thad Lewis getting cut. Many Bills fans seem to think he was a gamer and that he was at least better than Tuel (or tool?). Thad earned respect playing hard and beating good teams last year and playing competitively against NE, NO, Bengals, and Miami (x2). When Bradford went down the first thing I thought of was maybe Thad would get a chance in STL (even before Thad was cut). I was hoping Bills could trade him for a 7th round pick or something so the new team would have to have a sunk cost. But looks like another smart team can pick him up from waivers. I'll be cheering whichever team that is (except for that team's starting QB until Thad takes over).

CameronBornAndBred
08-27-2014, 08:33 AM
(3) Disappointing news about Thad Lewis getting cut. Many Bills fans seem to think he was a gamer and that he was at least better than Tuel (or tool?). Thad earned respect playing hard and beating good teams last year and playing competitively against NE, NO, Bengals, and Miami (x2). When Bradford went down the first thing I thought of was maybe Thad would get a chance in STL (even before Thad was cut). I was hoping Bills could trade him for a 7th round pick or something so the new team would have to have a sunk cost. But looks like another smart team can pick him up from waivers. I'll be cheering whichever team that is (except for that team's starting QB until Thad takes over).
Thad had a pretty bad camp, and didn't impress in the preseason games he played in. Tuel wasn't much better, but the fact is that he was better enough. The Bills coach has been majorly unhappy with his QB's, and it's not a bad bet that they will be shopping around for someone more dependable. Hopefully Thad will get a look from another team, but I fear that this summer did not help his chances.

1999ballboy
08-27-2014, 12:44 PM
When Bradford went down the first thing I thought of was maybe Thad would get a chance in STL (even before Thad was cut).

Another thought would be his hometown Miami Dolphins. They just cut Brady Quinn and have another round of cuts before they cement their final roster. Their current third-stringer, bound to wind up either cut or on their practice squad, is an undrafted rookie from Northern Colorado. They also witnessed Thad beat them twice last year.

Don't get me wrong- his best chance of playing would be in St. Louis. But his chances of making a roster, even a practice squad roster, may be roughly equal in STL and Miami.

JasonEvans
08-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Sean Renfree went a respectable 9-12 for the Falcons tonight, but accumulated just 62 yards passing and only let the Falcons on one FG drive. He played the entire 2nd half at QB.

But, TJ Yates got the start and was a very impressive 15-20 for 243 yards passing. He led the Falcons to three first half TDs, two of which came on passes.

Now, I am sure there are various explanations having to do with game plan with a lead and quality of the personnel on the field for each QB, but there is little question that Yates looked muuuuch better than Renfree tonight.

Is it enough to cause the Falcons to pick Yates as the backup and (perhaps) waive Renfree or put him on the practice squad again? We will know in a few days...

-Jason "I sorta think a practice squad thing is very possible" Evans

1999ballboy
08-28-2014, 10:03 PM
Well Thad's replacement sure didn't impress... 9-22 with 3 picks, 0 TDs.

CameronBornAndBred
08-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Juwan Thompson led the Broncos rushing game last night.

IsInTheDetails
08-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Kenny Anunike, who had more than his share of injuries at Duke, apparently suffered a "significant" elbow injury in Thursday's final preseason tilt against Dallas. In better news, though, it sounds like the Broncos will keep him around on IR rather than releasing him, which suggests he showed the organization solid potential during camp and preseason. Link (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26434829/ryan-miller-among-broncos-latest-roster-cuts-more).

Nothing official yet, but it seems likely that Juwan Thompson will make the final 53 for the Broncos after a stellar preseason.

I'm looking forward to the influx of Duke ballers into the NFL over the next few years.

CarmenWallaceWade
08-30-2014, 03:15 PM
From Vic Lombardi, Denver sportscaster:

"@VicLombardi: As expected, Juwan Thompson makes the final 53. What a great story he's become."

Being a huge Broncos fan, I'm really excited to hear this. He has been the big story in Denver this preseason. Can't wait to see him take advantage of his time when it comes.

Spoke
08-30-2014, 10:41 PM
Good news, Duke fans: Sean Renfree has made the Falcons' roster (http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2014/08/30/heres-a-peek-at-the-falcons-initial-53-man-roster/).

HK Dukie
08-31-2014, 05:43 AM
Seems to be speculation that Matt Barkley and maybe even Sanchez are on the block in Philly at QB. If so that would probably make room for a just worked out Thad Lewis to make the roster. If they liked what they saw in Thad they can pull the trigger on that trade.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/08/30/analyzing-eagles-53-man-roster/

doctorhook
08-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Cooper Helfet made the Seahawk 53 man roster. go Coop

IsInTheDetails
08-31-2014, 05:06 PM
The Bills' 4th-round draft pick, Ross Cockrell, made it to the 53-man roster as the 6th cornerback. Seems like he had a rather so-so camp and preseason, but we all know the potential he brings. That guy was a game-changer for Duke as his career advanced and left a legacy for the Devils' secondary.

Congrats to Ross.

CameronBornAndBred
09-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Jeff Tuel, Thad's competition at QB for the Bills, was also cut. Bad year to be a back up in Buffalo.

Henderson
09-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Y'all may remember Duke's All-ACC linebacker (1989), George Edwards. He's now the Defensive Coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings.

After bouncing around in college coaching for 7 years, he bounced around the NFL for 16 years (with a layover as DC for Florida in 2010). I'm sure he and his family would appreciate being at Minnesota for a few years.

Heaven knows that team needs help on defense; the Vikes gave up the most points in the NFL last season. He's teamed with Mike Zimmer, the new Head Coach and former DC for the Bengals, and Norv Turner at OC. They've installed a whole new defensive scheme in Minnesota, and the pre-season results under Edwards have been impressive: Opposing teams averaged 12 ppg in the four pre-season games, all won by the Vikings. It's a great situation for him, because he has a defensive-minded head coach, and the Vikes will surely do better than they did last year on D.

Good luck to Coach Edwards.

Spoke
09-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Sean Renfree is a co-number-2 QB (http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/First-Regular-Season-Depth-Chart-Released/1f65b8a8-b36d-4c0d-91cf-ab9c2f61921f) on Atlanta's depth chart. Not sure how that works.

CameronBornAndBred
09-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Sean Renfree is a co-number-2 QB (http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/article-1/First-Regular-Season-Depth-Chart-Released/1f65b8a8-b36d-4c0d-91cf-ab9c2f61921f) on Atlanta's depth chart. Not sure how that works.
Has there ever been two Duke/UNC guys that played against each other in school move on to the next level and then compete once again for as high a level position as NFL QB?

wilson
09-02-2014, 09:06 PM
...number-2 QB on Atlanta's depth chart. Not sure how that works.Generally speaking, poorly (http://youtu.be/vJrrhCoa7b4).

jimsumner
09-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Has there ever been two Duke/UNC guys that played against each other in school move on to the next level and then compete once again for as high a level position as NFL QB?

Sonny Jurgensen and Danny Talbott once competed at QB for the Washington Redskins.

But they didn't play against each other in college.

CDu
09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm just thrilled to hear that Renfree and (especially) Thompson made rosters. That's progress. For a while, I think we had just Patrick Mannelly (affectionately known to Bears fans as "The Mann" or "The Mullett") in the league. Good to see that the positive results on the field with Cutcliffe are translating to more players in the NFL.

I suspect that Thompson's role in Denver will be as a special teams player, as he's behind Montee Ball, CJ Anderson, and Ronnie Hillman at RB. I wonder if his play as a linebacker while at Duke helped him make the squad. In any case, it's nice to see him make it. Getting players into the league at the skill positions is a huge boost.

Hopefully Crowder (and perhaps Boone?) joins the list of skill players in the NFL next year. He certainly has the speed and explosiveness; only question will be concerns about his size.

jimsumner
09-03-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm just thrilled to hear that Renfree and (especially) Thompson made rosters. That's progress. For a while, I think we had just Patrick Mannelly (affectionately known to Bears fans as "The Mann" or "The Mullett") in the league. Good to see that the positive results on the field with Cutcliffe are translating to more players in the NFL.

I suspect that Thompson's role in Denver will be as a special teams player, as he's behind Montee Ball, CJ Anderson, and Ronnie Hillman at RB. I wonder if his play as a linebacker while at Duke helped him make the squad. In any case, it's nice to see him make it. Getting players into the league at the skill positions is a huge boost.

Hopefully Crowder (and perhaps Boone?) joins the list of skill players in the NFL next year. He certainly has the speed and explosiveness; only question will be concerns about his size.

Isaac Blakeny has a chance to get on some radar screens. If he can continue to improve his route-running, his size and athleticism should give him a chance. A poor-man's Kelvin Benjamin.

Speaking of the NFL, Laken Tomlinson projects as the highest Duke draft pick in a generation. Third round, maybe second.

sagegrouse
09-09-2014, 12:41 PM
See here (http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/d). Players are --

Kenny Anunike Denver Broncos Defensive End
Ross Cockrell Buffalo Bills Cornerback
Cooper Helfet Seattle Seahawks Tight End
Sean Renfree Atlanta Falcons Quarterback
Vincent Rey Cincinnati Bengals Linebacker
Juwan Thompson Denver Broncos Running Back

Wake has 8 in the NFL; UNC 23; State 17; UVa 22; BC 17. Our numbers are on the upswing though, in that three are rookies.

Henderson
09-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Former Duke defensive standout and current Vikings Defensive Coordinator, George Edwards, had a nice opener against the St. Louis Rams on Sunday, holding the Rams to 6 points in a runaway victory on the road. Apologies to the St. Louis fans here, but it's nice to see one of our own doing well.

Are there other Dukies in the NFL coaching ranks? Sad to say, I don't follow that line much.

fc3
10-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Undrafted free agent RB Juwan Thompson scored his 1st NFL rushing TD for the Broncos a few minutes ago. I loved watching this guy in training camp and preseason. Keep an eye on #40, he is rising in the ranks!

Bob Green
10-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Congratulations to Juwan Thompson! It is great to hear about him scoring his first NFL TD. Hopefully, he scores many, many more.

sagegrouse
10-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Congratulations to Juwan Thompson! It is great to hear about him scoring his first NFL TD. Hopefully, he scores many, many more.

Peyton is on my fantasy team, and when I saw him hand off for a TD on the eight-yard line, I went, "Oh, no! Pass, Peyton, pass!" And then I saw it was Juwan. "Go Duke," I yelled. This is a nice present for Coach Cut -- and for Juwan.

Newton_14
10-05-2014, 08:33 PM

Paging Loran!! Doesn't the Bronco's know Juwan was our 4th best Running Back last season who should have never started ahead of the other 3 guys??? They miss the memo???

Oopsiee! :)

Jim3k
10-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Anyone know who was the last Duke running back who scored a rushing touchdown in the NFL? (QBs like Thaddeus Lewis don't count.)

FerryFor50
10-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Anyone know who was the last Duke running back who scored a rushing touchdown in the NFL? (QBs like Thaddeus Lewis don't count.)

Steve Jones
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneSt00.htm

Duke doesn't have a great track record at the RB position. Perhaps Juwan can change that...

Mike Corey
10-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Peyton is on my fantasy team, and when I saw him hand off for a TD on the eight-yard line, I went, "Oh, no! Pass, Peyton, pass!" And then I saw it was Juwan. "Go Duke," I yelled. This is a nice present for Coach Cut -- and for Juwan.

With my last fantasy pick, I chose Mr. Thompson with tremendous joy and no expectation that he would accumulate many points this year. I of course had him mired on the bench last night, though his output of 7 points matched my two (admittedly feeble) starters, Darren Sproles and CJ Spiller.

Tom B.
10-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Peyton is on my fantasy team, and when I saw him hand off for a TD on the eight-yard line, I went, "Oh, no! Pass, Peyton, pass!"

What, his 479 yards and 4 TDs weren't enough for you? :)

Duvall
10-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Watch the last eight seconds! (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11650024&ex_cid=espnapi_public)

Or the whole thing, it's only a minute long.

NOTE: Link contains highlights of the Arizona Cardinals-Denver Broncos football game played October 5, 2014 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado in front of 76,895 fans. The start time was 4:05 PM and the temperature was 71 degree Fahrenheit, with 10 mph winds out of the northwest.

Duvall
10-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Slick 37-yd reception by Cooper Helfet for Seattle.

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Love watching MNF and hearing them say Duke.

CameronBornAndBred
10-06-2014, 09:43 PM
"Cooper Heflet!" (They'll get his name right eventually...sweet catch)

Merlindevildog91
10-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Cooper Helfet with the onside kick recovery.

Glad to see him on national TV. Not to be stalker creepy or anything, but I named my Mini Cooper after him.

plimnko
10-10-2014, 06:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/juwan-thompson-gives-broncos-ground-game-lift-203520818--nfl.html

InSpades
10-20-2014, 11:05 AM
It's great to see Thompson and Helfet producing on Sundays!

Thompson is getting a ton of playing time w/ the Broncos injured backfield. He's the clear #2 behind Hilman and they seem to have confidence in him blocking which might just be the most important role for a Broncos RB :). He had 6 carries and 30 yards.

Meanwhile Helfet had his best game of the season w/ 3 catches including a really nice tip-toe 19-yard TD grab that almost pulled Seattle even (they missed the 2-pt conversion to tie it).

Great to see that Duke's much improved program is not only producing on Saturdays but also gets some time in the spotlight on Sunday.

CameronBlue
10-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Cooper Helfet with the onside kick recovery.

Glad to see him on national TV. Not to be stalker creepy or anything, but I named my Mini Cooper after him.

Was going to buy one of those till I found it didn't come with a Minnie Driver.

Duvall
10-21-2014, 01:38 PM
Cooper Helfet's first career TD, an impressive one. (http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Cooper-Helfet-touchdown-catch/1004ea5d-ed4f-44d3-830b-f398752f89e1)

This thread should probably be renamed Dukies in the NFL, 2014-2015 Edition.

Dev11
10-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Cooper Helfet's first career TD, an impressive one. (http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Cooper-Helfet-touchdown-catch/1004ea5d-ed4f-44d3-830b-f398752f89e1)

This thread should probably be renamed Dukies in the NFL, 2014-2015 Edition.

I had previously made this thread, but a few weeks of inactivity buried it.

All merged together now

diablesseblu
10-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Am so happy for him. His TD puts Denver up on San Diego 28-7.

diablesseblu
10-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Three touches so far in the Denver. Has just scored again!

Dr. Rosenrosen
10-23-2014, 10:55 PM
Double awesome b/c he's stealing TDs from Hillman whom I'm up against in FFL this week. Go Juwan!

OldPhiKap
10-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Peyton's post-game presser was very complimentary of Juwan.

roywhite
10-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Three touches so far in the Denver. Has just scored again!

Juwan is not an easy guy to tackle. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BkjOw_dQQk)

nmduke2001
11-10-2014, 04:57 PM
I think that there are a few guys that have legit shots at making the NFL from this team. Just wondering what the football experts on this site think.

These are a few guys that I think can make the NFL. Am I reaching on some? Did I leave anyone out? I don't claim to be a football expert, these are just some observations from watching every game this year.

Tomlinson - Should play on Sundays
Cash - Should play on Sundays

Crowder - Could play, especially if he can find a niche on special teams. If he was 2 inches taller, he'd be a lock.
Shaq Powell - Could play. If Juwan Thompson found a home, maybe Powell can too.
Devon Edwards - Could find time as a special teamer, for sure.
Shaun Wilson - This kid could be special. Hopefully the next couple of years are special for him.

Isaac Blakeney - He has a chance to be a combine monster. In terms or tools, he could be the most likely to make an impact in the NFL, if he makes an NFL roster.

The kickers - It's so hard to make the NFL as a kicker because those guys never retire. But all it takes is an open competition to open someone's eyes.

nmduke2001
11-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Thad to Huston
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24837992/report-texans-to-sign-quarterback-thad-lewis