PDA

View Full Version : NC Greater Pro-Am Summer League.. Dead & Gone?

Newton_14
08-06-2014, 10:47 PM
I just checked the website and it appears to have been deleted. I assume the old girl is dead an is no more? Kind of sad. I always enjoyed heading over to NCCU in late July/early August to check out our guys. It was a really good place to see the incoming Freshman for the first time, see if the all the hype was warranted, etc. Just a good summer time fix for us hoop junkies. We saw some very entertaining games over the years there. I hate to see it go.

Our guys did not participate last year, as that deal seemed to get derailed for two reasons, one being they moved it from NCCU to the High School Gym in Durham, two being the PJ Hairston/Fats ordeal, which among other things I guess, led to K pulling the plug on participation. I had heard rumblings that last year would be the last one, but had not seen anything official so I tried to access the website which, like I said above, appears to be gone.

Anyone have the official word on cancellation and why it is no more?

http://www.ncproam.com/

JNort
08-07-2014, 02:06 AM
I just checked the website and it appears to have been deleted. I assume the old girl is dead an is no more? Kind of sad. I always enjoyed heading over to NCCU in late July/early August to check out our guys. It was a really good place to see the incoming Freshman for the first time, see if the all the hype was warranted, etc. Just a good summer time fix for us hoop junkies. We saw some very entertaining games over the years there. I hate to see it go.

Our guys did not participate last year, as that deal seemed to get derailed for two reasons, one being they moved it from NCCU to the High School Gym in Durham, two being the PJ Hairston/Fats ordeal, which among other things I guess, led to K pulling the plug on participation. I had heard rumblings that last year would be the last one, but had not seen anything official so I tried to access the website which, like I said above, appears to be gone.

Anyone have the official word on cancellation and why it is no more?

http://www.ncproam.com/

Dang I sure hope not. I love going to these and seeing the guys play. Odd the site isn't working, I was just on it last week.