PDA

View Full Version : WBB: 2014-15 Schedule

Gargoyle
07-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Duke has announced that they will play December games against South Carolina and KY in Cameron. Both games will be televised by ESPN2. I'm not sure that having a tough out of conference schedule in addition to the getting to be much tougher ACC schedule is a great idea for this team.

Tappan Zee Devil
07-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Duke has announced that they will play December games against South Carolina and KY in Cameron. Both games will be televised by ESPN2. I'm not sure that having a tough out of conference schedule in addition to the getting to be much tougher ACC schedule is a great idea for this team.

Schedule was probably developed with the belief that Alexis would be present and running things on court.

Henderson
07-15-2014, 04:40 PM
When does the men's schedule come out? The football schedule is out, and I'm toying with the idea of trip way across country to attend WBB, MBB and FB games as efficiently (read: one airline $$ and as few hotel $$) as possible.

CameronBornAndBred
07-15-2014, 05:46 PM
I love having a tough OOC schedule. Will we win them all? Who knows, it is all about the preparation; the tourney has never been won in December. (But it has been well practiced for.)

msdukie
07-15-2014, 11:34 PM
When does the men's schedule come out? The football schedule is out, and I'm toying with the idea of trip way across country to attend WBB, MBB and FB games as efficiently (read: one airline $$ and as few hotel $$) as possible.

Please see 4G.

Gargoyle
07-28-2014, 02:41 PM
The Duke WBB-nonconference schedule is out.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209602163&DB_OEM_ID=4200

This is a monster schedule. Home games with OK, South Carolina and Ky. Away games with TAMU, Neb and CT. Too bad it comes with Duke having one of its most inexperienced teams ever. There are 11 scholarship players, 6 of them have never played a D-1 game. The presumed starting point guard, has almost no experience at the position. Amber Henson has been plagued with injuries and has not played much. Chidom and Cooper are sophomores who were used sparingly last year. Elizabeth Williams is terrific but is she the only truly experienced player on the team.

Add in conference games with ND, UNC, Louisville and Syracuse and it's difficult not to see double digit losses.

Kedsy
07-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Add in conference games with ND, UNC, Louisville and Syracuse and it's difficult not to see double digit losses.

I won't mind the losses nearly so much as the post-game comments here at DBR.

CameronBornAndBred
07-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Wow, pessimistic much? I love the schedule. While we don't have the point guard that we were expecting, our roster is filled with amazing talent. Tough schedules are put together for a reason; to benefit us as the team we develop into come tourney time.

Gargoyle
07-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Wow, pessimistic much? I love the schedule. While we don't have the point guard that we were expecting, our roster is filled with amazing talent. Tough schedules are put together for a reason; to benefit us as the team we develop into come tourney time.

Not pessimistic in any way. Just my own view of reality. How many losses do you see for next year?

CameronBornAndBred
07-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Not pessimistic in any way. Just my own view of reality. How many losses do you see for next year?
How about how many wins do I see? You point out that 6 of our players have never played a Div 1 game before. Only one of those has played at the collegiate level (Riggs). Of the other 5, 4 of them are part of the #2 recruiting class in the country. The remaining player, Rebecca Greenwell, was a highlight of our #2 class from 2013.
All in all, I'm not worried one bit. Will they lose? Probably. Will they lose by double digits? Also probably, maybe even to a team we should beat. It happens. Will they win some of those games that you are predicting disaster for? I'm saying yes, very likely.

Duvall
07-28-2014, 04:12 PM

Well, here's the conference pairings. (http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/w-baskbl/2014-15_accwbb_matchups.pdf) Fortunately it looks a little light, but UNC, at UNC, Louisville and at Notre Dame are games that it's tough to see Duke winning next year. At FSU and at Georgia Tech should also be tough.