PDA

View Full Version : PJ Hairston punches kid during pickup game

dukelion
07-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Man...you can't make this stuff up.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/06/hornets-draft-pick-p-j-hairston-exchanges-punches-with-high-school-player-in-pick-up-game/

Duvall
07-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Why is Hairston even *in* Durham? He has to report to Charlotte for minicamp tomorrow - why not work out there?

Jbsherr DUKE!
07-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Why is Hairston even *in* Durham? He has to report to Charlotte for minicamp tomorrow - why not work out there?

Because silly he can drive 93 mph down 85 so he could be in Charlotte in one shake of a lamb tail.

miramar
07-07-2014, 03:31 AM
I figured this kind of stuff wouldn't start happening until his second month as a Hornet.

OldPhiKap
07-07-2014, 07:04 AM
I wonder if this hurts his chances of landing a babysitting job for Roy.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
07-07-2014, 07:51 AM
Oh good, a new PJ thread. I was worried this might get lost in other UNC or PJ threads. Well done.

What a moron.

77devil
07-07-2014, 08:28 AM

Hanging out with Fats of course.

moonpie23
07-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Wait. This is the "new". Pj? The "greatful" pj? The "nuther chance" pj?

Mj must be so proud.

lotusland
07-07-2014, 09:24 AM

He planned to pick up a car a head for Masonboro Inlet to funnel beers for the 4th but Fats had already loaned his ride out to an NFL guy.

Henderson
07-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Man...you can't make this stuff up.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/06/hornets-draft-pick-p-j-hairston-exchanges-punches-with-high-school-player-in-pick-up-game/

Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha.

Oh, PJ. Thanks for all the gifts. May your generosity extend for years to come.

Lid
07-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Bless his heart.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/nfl-s-gordon-driving-pj-hairston-s-car-at-time-of-saturday-arrest/13791003/

FerryFor50
07-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Bless his heart.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/nfl-s-gordon-driving-pj-hairston-s-car-at-time-of-saturday-arrest/13791003/

LOL

Wow. Birds of a feather...

Merlindevildog91
07-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Bless his heart.

Fats Thomas did post Gordon's bail, so there had to be a connection, but nice of them to make it so obvious.

It is likely PJ has left the weed behind, or he would have been calm and peaceful. Or in the alternative, he would have pulled a Luis Suarez and taken a bite out of the kid.

DukeFanSince1990
07-07-2014, 11:46 AM
TAR.......

arnie
07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
LOL

Wow. Birds of a feather...

For us long- term Duke and Pack fans I thought there'd be a day the cracks in the facade would show. Never thought we'd be continually blessed with "the emperor has no clothes". How much longer will we be showered with blessings? I almost feel we haven't deserved this much fun.

roywhite
07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Fats Thomas did post Gordon's bail, so there had to be a connection, but nice of them to make it so obvious.

It is likely PJ has left the weed behind, or he would have been calm and peaceful. Or in the alternative, he would have pulled a Luis Suarez and taken a bite out of the kid.

I saw some speculation elsewhere that PJ was actually a passenger in the car at the time, presumably handed over the driving duties to the more sober of the two?:eek:

Any info to confirm or disprove that?

Henderson
07-07-2014, 12:23 PM
I saw some speculation elsewhere that PJ was actually a passenger in the car at the time, presumably handed over the driving duties to the more sober of the two?:eek:

The police report should surface at some point.

FerryFor50
07-07-2014, 12:30 PM
The police report should surface at some point.

Good thing police reports don't have the same rules as transcripts...

kAzE
07-07-2014, 12:40 PM
This really has to be an unprecedented run of bad press for a college athletics program and it's former players. Seems like every time a bad story about UNC is about to blow over, something else comes up. I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect that all this stuff could adversely affect recruiting, and if Roy isn't getting it done on the recruiting trail, what good is he? It's all very interesting. It's almost like Frank Underwood and Zoe Barnes are working to bring down UNC athletics . . .

Tar Heels fans need to be praying for 3 things this coming season:

1. This investigation turns up nothing substantial
2. An outstanding year in basketball
3. No more bad press

JasonEvans
07-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Looks like PJ has been charged (http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/local/2014/07/06/durham-police-pj-hairston-involved-in-fight-at-ymca/12279115/)with assault and battery over the pickup game fight.

P.J. Hairston was issued a misdemeanor criminal summons for assault and battery, WRAL-TV is reporting. According to the documents, Hairston must appear in front of a magistrate on August 8 to face those charges. Kentrell Barkley, the student who was involved in the altercation with Hairston has been ordered to appear at the hearing along with witnesses, the station reports.

PJ is extremely lucky that the charges were dropped last year in the gun/drugs/driving without a license fiasco that happened late last summer. If the DA had bothered to make any of that stuff stick, then PJ would likely be looking at a parole violation of some sort right now.

-Jason "dude just cannot stay out of trouble -- he needs to be punished to learn a lesson about actually obeying the rules of society" Evans

FerryFor50
07-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Looks like PJ has been charged (http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/local/2014/07/06/durham-police-pj-hairston-involved-in-fight-at-ymca/12279115/)with assault and battery over the pickup game fight.

PJ is extremely lucky that the charges were dropped last year in the gun/drugs/driving without a license fiasco that happened late last summer. If the DA had bothered to make any of that stuff stick, then PJ would likely be looking at a parole violation of some sort right now.

-Jason "dude just cannot stay out of trouble -- he needs to be punished to learn a lesson about actually obeying the rules of society" Evans

PJ is about to get a fine lesson about why you don't do this sort of thing right after you made yourself a boat load of money...

Henderson
07-07-2014, 12:58 PM
MJ's front office had this to say about PJ's latest:

"The organization is aware of an incident this afternoon involving P.J. Hairston. We are in the process of gathering additional information and will have no further comment at this time."

Why does that sound familiar? I wonder what additional info is needed. PJ got into a fight with a high school student at a YMCA pickup game. What info are the Hornets gathering? Who started it? Come on. Doesn't matter. What they really mean is, "We just learned of this and need to consult our PR people before saying anything, but we might not say anything anyway because we bleed baby blue."

OldPhiKap
07-07-2014, 01:10 PM
At some point, you just feel sorry for PJ and Roy.

I guess.

I mean, theoretically, there must be that point, no?

I'm not close to it by a long shot, but . . . .

wilko
07-07-2014, 01:16 PM

What language is this statement in? I'm sorry, I just dont recognize any of it... I cant make any sense out of it....

Henderson
07-07-2014, 01:22 PM

I guess.

I mean, theoretically, there must be that point, no?

Exactly so, and here's how it goes:

In 2002 Roy and P.J. were abducted by space aliens and held in unconscionably poor conditions for years. While being held, the space aliens did a cloning experiment, inserting evil DNA from Meta World Peace into the PJ clone and dummy DNA from the Jeff Daniels character in Dumb and Dumber into Roy's clone. The space aliens accelerated the cloning operation and placed their clones back onto earth in 2005. Meanwhile the real Roy and PJ studied yoga and the bible while in alien captivity.

In 2015, all this came to light when the real Roy and PJ escaped to tell their story and express outrage at learning about the academic fraud going on at UNC-CH, waiving their rights, giving candid interviews, and massaging the feet of the poor and afflicted. They both realized there is much more to life than basketball, moved together to Florida, and set up a leper colony. Roy acts as surrogate dad to all the downtrodden youth in the area, and PJ babysits.

Only then will I feel sorry for them.

royalblue
07-07-2014, 01:27 PM
The Free PJ tee shirts may get some more use after all:)

plimnko
07-07-2014, 01:53 PM
looks like pj will back on.....oops, i mean IN a durham court in august

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hairston-hoops-fight-lights-up-twitter/13790239/

Papa John
07-07-2014, 02:40 PM
tar.......

feather!

Olympic Fan
07-07-2014, 02:45 PM

Posters on Pack pride claimed that the car Gordon was driving was a 2015 Cadillac that actually belonged to PJ. I have since seen several posters at IC admit that this was the case.

Of course, that's all internet stuff and "if it's on the internet, it must be true."

Seriously, waiting for the police report, but it does seem possible that it was PJ's car. Whether he was in it or not, I don't know.

BTW: Two points about the PJ "assault" case --

(1) the kid he allegedly beat up is an AAU teammate of Jr. Smith, a player UNC (and Duke!) are recruiting ...

(2) there is reportedly YMCA security video that will prove who threw the first punch

Papa John
07-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Posters on Pack pride claimed that the car Gordon was driving was a 2015 Cadillac that actually belonged to PJ. I have since seen several posters at IC admit that this was the case.

Of course, that's all internet stuff and "if it's on the internet, it must be true."

Seriously, waiting for the police report, but it does seem possible that it was PJ's car. Whether he was in it or not, I don't know.

BTW: Two points about the PJ "assault" case --

(1) the kid he allegedly beat up is an AAU teammate of Jr. Smith, a player UNC (and Duke!) are recruiting ...

(2) there is reportedly YMCA security video that will prove who threw the first punch

Lid actually posted a link to a WRAL story (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/nfl-s-gordon-driving-pj-hairston-s-car-at-time-of-saturday-arrest/13791003/) that reported the same information, so it's more than simply internet discussion board fodder... Fats and PJ, together again... Has the UNC situation become a bad sitcom or is it more akin to a cheesy weekly teen drama (ala 90210)?

Billy Dat
07-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Lid actually posted a link to a WRAL story (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/nfl-s-gordon-driving-pj-hairston-s-car-at-time-of-saturday-arrest/13791003/) that reported the same information, so it's more than simply internet discussion board fodder... Fats and PJ, together again... Has the UNC situation become a bad sitcom or is it more akin to a cheesy weekly teen drama (ala 90210)?

I heard they grabbed a post-bail meal at the Peach Pit.

royalblue
07-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Roy may feel like a peach pit is stuck in his throat

OldPhiKap
07-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Roy may feel like a peach pit is stuck in his throat

Roy is not in the daggum YMCA spirit.

royalblue
07-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Lets go to Roy's house and crank up some daggum Village People while we slip on our Free PJ shirts perhaps that's "The Carolina Way"

Here is a Turtle
07-07-2014, 04:46 PM
This man cannot get out of his own way.

Papa John
07-07-2014, 05:24 PM
I heard they grabbed a post-bail meal at the Peach Pit.

I had forgotten about the Peach Pit... UNC-CH also has a central gathering place called, ironically enough, The Pit (http://unc.edu/interactive-tour/landmarks/the-pit/)... This is looking better and better as a hormone-amped, hour-long teen drama... Another option would be something akin to "Welcome Back, Kotter", with Roy in the title role. This would allow us to pursue all sorts of entertaining story lines featuring the many zany characters on and around the Tar Heel basketball team. Or one could go the direction of playing up the wacky, angry-old-man Roy ala "Sanford and Son", with Mary Willingham as his foil... Perhaps we should put together a pilot for one of these?

Duke3517
07-07-2014, 05:35 PM
I wish Duke would recruit a player like him.

Duvall
07-07-2014, 05:39 PM
I wish Duke would recruit a player like him.

Why?

OldPhiKap
07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
I had forgotten about the Peach Pit... UNC-CH also has a central gathering place called, ironically enough, The Pit (http://unc.edu/interactive-tour/landmarks/the-pit/)... This is looking better and better as a hormone-amped, hour-long teen drama... Another option would be something akin to "Welcome Back, Kotter", with Roy in the title role. This would allow us to pursue all sorts of entertaining story lines featuring the many zany characters on and around the Tar Heel basketball team. Or one could go the direction of playing up the wacky, angry-old-man Roy ala "Sanford and Son", with Mary Willingham as his foil... Perhaps we should put together a pilot for one of these?

Well, Pretty Little Liars is already taken . . . .

rocketeli
07-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I think the article on the DBR site (am I the only one who spends 100% less time there since they moved to SBN or whatever its called?)has it right. The other guy may be a nasty thug who thoroughly deserved a smack in the chops, but when you're in PJs position you have to walk away. Otherwise too many people will try to get you a compromising position to try and get your money/reputation.

Newton_14
07-07-2014, 07:47 PM
What a moron. NFL receiver already suspended due to drugs, gets DWI in PJ's car (by the way, the hot rumors today is that PJ was in the car and possibly driving), get's bailed out by none other than Fats the infamous felon himself. To top it off, PJ, for some reason known only to alien beings, plays pick up ball at the local YMCA with High School kids, and gets goaded into punching one of them. Nice. Great start to your new start and NBA career.

Now do people see why I said in our mock draft that no way would I pick him in the first round and give him guaranteed money? There is more to life than talent (which PJ has in droves. Not disputable). He simply does not have what it takes to stay on the straight and narrow and away from the wrong crowd.

Getting selected by a team close to his hometown and hometown "buddies' only serves to make things worse.

I agree with whomever stated upstream, this UNC thing has to be the longest drawn out scandal ever in the history of NCAA violators. Seriously, can anyone think of another school who kept committing sins this many years in a row?

THank you PJ for keeping a second consecutive off season entertaining! We applaud you and unc!

OldPhiKap
07-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Getting selected by a team close to his hometown and hometown "buddies' only serves to make things worse.

This. Great observation. The best thing that could have happened for PJ is to get drafted by Utah.

Duke3517
07-07-2014, 08:24 PM
PJ just needs to play better than get schooled by high schoolers.

FerryFor50
07-07-2014, 08:31 PM
This. Great observation. The best thing that could have happened for PJ is to get drafted by Utah.

Because most of the state is dry? :p

strawman
07-07-2014, 08:32 PM
The PJ in PJ Hairston must stand for Punching Juveniles.

OldPhiKap
07-07-2014, 08:38 PM

"Poor Judgment"

brevity
07-07-2014, 09:32 PM

"Poor Judgment"

Prison Jumpsuit?

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I have no love for Hairston or for the Hornets, but it was still a little depressing for a guy to put basketball first in the D-League and succeed, only to get drafted by the one NBA franchise that would put him in close proximity to old trouble.

Oh well. I'm calling it early: I think PJ Hairston will be the worst Hornets first-round draft pick since that fateful day when the 2005 picks (Raymond Felton and Sean May) ate the 2006 pick (Adam Morrison).

roywhite
07-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Prison Jumpsuit?

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I have no love for Hairston or for the Hornets, but it was still a little depressing for a guy to put basketball first in the D-League and succeed, only to get drafted by the one NBA franchise that would put him in close proximity to old trouble.

Oh well. I'm calling it early: I think PJ Hairston will be the worst Hornets first-round draft pick since that fateful day when the 2005 picks (Raymond Felton and Sean May) ate the 2006 pick (Adam Morrison).

Haha...excellent.

Important to note this would be just a franchise record, and Michael Jordan would still have his own personal worst 1st round pick in Kwame Brown for the Wizards in 2001. First pick overall that year, in case anyone forgets.

Olympic Fan
07-07-2014, 10:15 PM
worse.

I agree with whomever stated upstream, this UNC thing has to be the longest drawn out scandal ever in the history of NCAA violators. Seriously, can anyone think of another school who kept committing sins this many years in a row?

THank you PJ for keeping a second consecutive off season entertaining! We applaud you and unc!

While it can't be nice for UNC to see an ex-player wallow in the mud, I have to give UNC a pass on this incident. He's merely an ex-player. Did it reflect badly on INC when James Worthy and Michael Jordan were linked to prostitutes ... or Jordan to Gambling? Is it UNC's fault that ex-assistant Doug Wojick is being exposed as an abusive coach?

Give 'em hell for what they do and what their active players/coaches do ... but to me, this isn't part of the UNC scandal.

devildeac
07-07-2014, 10:34 PM
While it can't be nice for UNC to see an ex-player wallow in the mud, I have to give UNC a pass on this incident. He's merely an ex-player. Did it reflect badly on INC when James Worthy and Michael Jordan were linked to prostitutes ... or Jordan to Gambling? Is it UNC's fault that ex-assistant Doug Wojick is being exposed as an abusive coach?

Give 'em hell for what they do and what their active players/coaches do ... but to me, this isn't part of the UNC scandal.

I think it is to some degree at least. In the medical/oncology world, they refer to this as metastatic disease.

Duvall
07-07-2014, 10:39 PM

I actually do think UNC can be blamed for Wojcik's actions, at least a bit. If UNC hadn't given Doherty three full seasons to make an abusive jerk of himself, maybe Wojcik would have learned his lesson sooner.

Henderson
07-07-2014, 10:59 PM

I would agree, except for the parallels to the PJ Hairston issues that got him into trouble at UNC-CH very recently. That makes this different from the other examples mentioned. Different too from the Ray Felton gun thing. Discussing his post-draft issues is kind of like "continuation" in NBA fouls.

In addition to those parallels, as recently as the NBA combine, PJ was telling the press that he appreciates the fact that Ol' Roy has stood by him all along and had recently called PJ to tell him that Roy would be standing at his side when PJ's name was called in the draft. I wasn't there, but I assume that means Roy was at PJ's draft party. If nothing else, it goes directly to Roy's judgment of character and his unwillingness to see problems in a realistic light. One of those problems is the academic fraud issue.

So I see some connections between the dots.

Son of Jarhead
07-08-2014, 01:44 AM
"Poor Judgment"

"Perpetually Juvenile"?

gep
07-08-2014, 02:54 AM
What a moron. NFL receiver already suspended due to drugs, gets DWI in PJ's car (by the way, the hot rumors today is that PJ was in the car and possibly driving), get's bailed out by none other than Fats the infamous felon himself. To top it off, PJ, for some reason known only to alien beings, plays pick up ball at the local YMCA with High School kids, and gets goaded into punching one of them. Nice. Great start to your new start and NBA career.

This is what is interesting... you'd think that a 1st round draft pick will look for pick-up games with others better than he... not high school kids that he'll probably kick-butt... kids who also wants to "see what they have" against a 1st rounder. Sad...

Inonehand
07-08-2014, 04:57 AM
I think the article on the DBR site (am I the only one who spends 100% less time there since they moved to SBN or whatever its called?)has it right. The other guy may be a nasty thug who thoroughly deserved a smack in the chops, but when you're in PJs position you have to walk away. Otherwise too many people will try to get you a compromising position to try and get your money/reputation.

The other guy is no thug. He is actually a very good kid. He's really athletic and plays hard all the time. I can see why someone would get annoyed playing against him but it has nothing to do with him being a thug.

rocketeli
07-08-2014, 08:07 AM
The other guy is no thug. He is actually a very good kid. He's really athletic and plays hard all the time. I can see why someone would get annoyed playing against him but it has nothing to do with him being a thug.

Sorry, did not mean to imply that he was only mentioning a hypothetical situation. Good thing someone who knows him personally can speak up for him.

Tom B.
07-08-2014, 12:52 PM
I actually do think UNC can be blamed for Wojcik's actions, at least a bit. If UNC hadn't given Doherty three full seasons to make an abusive jerk of himself, maybe Wojcik would have learned his lesson sooner.

The good thing about Doug Wojcik being in the news is that it gives us an opportunity to remember one of the most memorable dunks in Duke history, Johnny Dawkins' reverse jam over Wojcik in the 1986 NCAA East Region Final. It's at the 0:46 mark in the video linked below (though the full video is worth watching).

Link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4d7sPGXXg)

DevilWearsPrada
07-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Because silly he can drive 93 mph down 85 so he could be in Charlotte in one shake of a lamb tail.

I just spit my coffee! LMAO

Bless his heart!!!
PJ stands for Poor Judgment!
PJ stands for Punching Juveniles (or alleged) per his court summons.

PJ needs to be 85 Southbound in Charlotte, and not hanging out in the Triangle, getting in situations that are legal matters! He needs to shape up, and not blow a good opportunity with the Charlotte Hornets! So many kids DREAM of the opportunity to play on an Elite Division I team, and then a Professional Career in that sport! Get it together, PJ, because there is always someone on the Wing, waiting for your spot on the Team!

Henderson
07-09-2014, 01:30 PM
PJ needs to be 85 Southbound in Charlotte, and not hanging out in the Triangle, getting in situations that are legal matters! He needs to shape up, and not blow a good opportunity with the Charlotte Hornets! So many kids DREAM of the opportunity to play on an Elite Division I team, and then a Professional Career in that sport! Get it together, PJ, because there is always someone on the Wing, waiting for your spot on the Team!

Odd that those things never occurred to P.J. Or maybe not so odd.

There's a kicker here too: That kid is likely to sue P.J. for assault, and if P.J. is found guilty or pleads guilty, he'll be estopped in that civil suit to deny his assault.

hillsborodevil
07-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Not defending PJ but why doesn't the kid have any markings? I've watched the interview several times and I do not see anything that appears to be a blow/hit from a grown man. Again, I am not defending PJ.

FerryFor50
07-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Not defending PJ but why doesn't the kid have any markings? I've watched the interview several times and I do not see anything that appears to be a blow/hit from a grown man. Again, I am not defending PJ.

According to reports, the kid had a knot on his forehead. You wouldn't necessarily see that in interviews, or it could have healed up already.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28530203-419/pj-hairston-faces-assault-charges-after-fight-in-pickup-basketball-game.html

blueduke59
07-09-2014, 04:26 PM

Perhaps PJ isn't a very good pugilist?

ncexnyc
07-09-2014, 04:45 PM
That's because this is DBR and we are kinder and gentler when it comes to UNC:D The folks over at Pack Pride have the images which were posted by either the young man or his friend and the massive welt is quite obvious.

Newton_14
07-09-2014, 09:11 PM

So, like many others here, I have a lot of respect for your opinions when they are concerning sports related matters, and I get the point you are making here. However, I do feel this latest PJ incident is another egg on unc's face. He is not even a full calendar year removed from the unc team, and he single handily kept unc in the news all of last summer, which brought them a ton of bad press. This latest incident seems as just a continuation of a not so long ago active player keeping his school in the news for all the wrong reasons. The fact that Fats was also involved in this latest incident just add fuel to the fire.

I do agree it does not fit in with the rules violations going on at unc. That is a very valid point. However, even without this latest PJ incident, we still have the McCants situation, the Willingham situation, the current internal "independent investigation, and finally, the newly opened NCAA investigation, so maybe i worded my post poorly. The main point I made stands, in that this scandal/investigation/violations/etc, has been going on since I believe the summer of 2010 with the Football investigation. That is a very long time. One recent article pointed out that an entire undergrad class has matriculated onto campus and since graduated with the scandal active the entire time. Thus my question, does anyone remember a scandal at another school that lasted as long as this unc scandal has lasted? I myself cannot think of one, though it is possible i am just forgetting one that lasted this long or longer.

Hope that clarifies what I really meant, and apologies for not being more clear in my original post.

thanks

Duvall
07-10-2014, 12:52 PM
This all seems plausible. (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/10/5035880/hornets-pj-hairston-chance-meeting.html#.U77EX_ldV8E)

“Me and Josh Gordon met at the Fresh Market in Chapel Hill,” Hairston described following a Hornets summer-league practice. “I walked there to get food and happened to run in to him in there.

“I am a football fan so I knew who he was. Right away, we started talking about football, basketball and we walked outside. He saw my car and asked me ‘What are you doing?’ He asked if I minded if we switched cars and we exchanged numbers and he was going to drive my car that night and bring it back to me.

“I said OK and we switched cars. The rest of that is history.”

FerryFor50
07-10-2014, 12:57 PM
This all seems plausible. (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/10/5035880/hornets-pj-hairston-chance-meeting.html#.U77EX_ldV8E)

LOL

Yea, I switch cars with professional football players I meet at Fresh Market in small college towns ALL the time. Makes total sense.

Atlanta Duke
07-10-2014, 01:01 PM

More comedy gold from Mr. Hairston

If Hairston "walked" to Fresh Market how did Gordon see his car?

Also disappointed that there is no explanation from Hairston as to how Josh Gordon and Fats had a connection

“Once I realized that he had connections with people that got me in trouble in the past, I figured it would probably be a problem,” Hairston said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/10/5035880/hornets-pj-hairston-chance-meeting.html#.U77EX_ldV8E#storylink=cpy

Maybe Fats bailed Gordon out so Fats could get his car back

Henderson
07-10-2014, 01:03 PM
LOL

Yea, I switch cars with professional football players I meet at Fresh Market in small college towns ALL the time. Makes total sense.

They'd never met before? Really?

P.J. is a football fan with known connections to Fats, and he happens to recognize a Browns football player he'd never met before who also happens to have connections to Fats. Despite their mutual connection to Fats, they had never met before and swapped cars on the spot. As Ferry says... ALL the time.

Tom B.
07-10-2014, 01:19 PM
More comedy gold from Mr. Hairston

If Hairston "walked" to Fresh Market how did Gordon see his car?

Also disappointed that there is no explanation from Hairston as to how Josh Gordon and Fats had a connection

“Once I realized that he had connections with people that got me in trouble in the past, I figured it would probably be a problem,” Hairston said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/10/5035880/hornets-pj-hairston-chance-meeting.html#.U77EX_ldV8E#storylink=cpy

Maybe Fats bailed Gordon out so Fats could get his car back.

Dear P.J.,

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/612738304/h3F8D05E4/

Thanks,

Roy W.

mkirsh
07-10-2014, 01:20 PM
PJ needs to fire his representation and PR team right now. His story is so hilariously unbelievable that it is almost professional misconduct if either 1) this is the best cover story they could come up with for him or 2) they let him speak with the media by himself.

ncexnyc
07-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Hard to tell, but are you being serious or sarcastic?

Henderson
07-10-2014, 01:54 PM
P.J. = Pinnochio Justifications.

Duvall
07-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Somebody please help this kid. (http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-07-10/pj-hairston-agent-juan-morrow-fake-not-real-nba-draft-contract-nbpa)

There’s yet another wrinkle in the P.J. Hairston saga.

Hairston’s agent, Juan Morrow, identifies himself as a “certified player agent” on his website and social media profiles for his agency, Upside Media Group.

According to the National Basketball Players Association, that’s not true.

In fact, Robert Gadson, director of the NBPA’s Security and Agent Administration Department told Sporting News on Thursday that there is “no record of a Juan Morrow in (the NBPA’s) files, nor is there record of an applicant by that name.”

77devil
07-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Somebody please help this kid. (http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-07-10/pj-hairston-agent-juan-morrow-fake-not-real-nba-draft-contract-nbpa)

Money quote: "UMG lists Hariston as it's only client."

Given all the Heels in the league, you have to be pretty stupid or narcissistic not to use the network. P.J. appears to be both.

Henderson
07-10-2014, 06:10 PM

Are you referring to P.J. or M.J.? Because dealing with an uncertified agent is a pretty stupid thing for a team to do, setting them up for a fine and the voiding of any contract. No team would make that mistake. Well, except for....

BD80
07-10-2014, 06:15 PM

It'll cost the Hornets $50,000 if they negotiated with an uncertified "agent." (They had a duty to check and see if he was certified)

If a contract was signed - it's nullified.

Where did PJ get the money for the gold Escalade Gordon was driving? If an advance from the "agent," the "agent" missed the window for paying this year's dues to be a certified agent, so he might be out those $s

OldPhiKap
07-10-2014, 07:08 PM
It'll cost the Hornets $50,000 if they negotiated with an uncertified "agent." (They had a duty to check and see if he was certified)

If a contract was signed - it's nullified.

Where did PJ get the money for the gold Escalade Gordon was driving? If an advance from the "agent," the "agent" missed the window for paying this year's dues to be a certified agent, so he might be out those $s

He ain't bona fide, but he is the pater familias.

Newton_14
07-10-2014, 08:11 PM

Totally agree. Unless he gets real help, new friends, and new advisors, all of those basketball talents are going to go to waste. He simply will not last in the NBA. There's a quote Mark Thomas coined concerning athlete's that I agree with. "If you are better than you are crazy, a team will put up with your craziness, but if you are crazier than you are good, they will cut you loose" or something to that effect. Rodman was crazy but a rebounding machine who helped two teams win 4 Titles. Artest is a beast on the floor most of the time, and teams have kept him around despite the craziness.

PJ may not be as crazy as those two examples, but he certainly is not as talented as either of them either.

Unless something changes, he is going to fall into that latter category Thomas describes, and find himself in one of the International Leagues, or worse, not on anyone's team.

Despite the fact he his a heel, I really do not wish him that fate.

So like you put it Duvall, somebody please help this kid before he ends up in jail or worse.

killerleft
07-10-2014, 08:34 PM
He ain't bona fide, but he is the pater familias.

Has he ever sung into a can?

OldPhiKap
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Has he ever sung into a can?

He ain't no brain trust. His brain done r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

PSurprise
07-10-2014, 11:29 PM

https://twitter.com/BringBackTheBuz/status/487356782763716608/photo/1

nocilla
07-11-2014, 07:57 AM

He did earn some money in the D-league last year. I don't know how much those guys are typically paid but it's probably more than I made last year.

CameronBornAndBred
07-11-2014, 09:30 AM
He ain't no brain trust. His brain done r-u-n-n-o-f-t.
He won't get the treasure that he seeks on account of the ob-stac-les in his path.

GGLC
07-11-2014, 09:49 AM
That remains one of the greatest and most quotable movies ever.

I guess what I'm saying is: I'm with you fellas!

OldPhiKap
07-11-2014, 11:05 AM
"Roy? PJ? You two's dumber than a bag of hammers"

oldnavy
07-11-2014, 11:48 AM
"Roy? PJ? You two's dumber than a bag of hammers"

Oh brother!

UNC has sold it's collective soul.... "cus they wont using it nun...."

dball
07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
He did earn some money in the D-league last year. I don't know how much those guys are typically paid but it's probably more than I made last year.

Perhaps more than you made but a lot less than an Escalade. Typical salaries are in $12-24,000 range (NBA players in the D-League would still be paid their NBA salary).

Doubt he can afford it at the moment, but a dealer might consider his credit good based on his future earnings.

bob blue devil
07-11-2014, 04:27 PM

Did he have an agent for that?

CameronBornAndBred
07-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Did he have an agent for that?
If it was the same guy that he has now, then no. :p

Edit...after a quick read through a story on WRAL...the answer is most likely "no". Morrow is not an agent registered with the NBPA or in the state of NC.

Hairston, who was ruled ineligible at UNC in December for multiple NCAA infractions, including accepting rental cars from known felon Haydn “Fats” Thomas, tweeted out in January, “My dream stands in front of me, Next stop Chi town!” He later Tweeted about signing with Morrow and UMG, saying he found his “new home.”
The signing, captured in a photo on the UMG website, took place in Chicago before Hairston headed to Frisco, Texas, where he played for the NBA Developmental League’s Texas Legends.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/hairston-s-agent-not-certified-rookie-contract-in-jeopardy/13806054/#7dZgrMDTyK6DAqCb.99

Tom B.
07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Totally agree. Unless he gets real help, new friends, and new advisors, all of those basketball talents are going to go to waste. He simply will not last in the NBA. There's a quote Mark Thomas coined concerning athlete's that I agree with. "If you are better than you are crazy, a team will put up with your craziness, but if you are crazier than you are good, they will cut you loose" or something to that effect. Rodman was crazy but a rebounding machine who helped two teams win 4 Titles. Artest is a beast on the floor most of the time, and teams have kept him around despite the craziness.

PJ may not be as crazy as those two examples, but he certainly is not as talented as either of them either.

Unless something changes, he is going to fall into that latter category Thomas describes, and find himself in one of the International Leagues, or worse, not on anyone's team.

Despite the fact he his a heel, I really do not wish him that fate.

So like you put it Duvall, somebody please help this kid before he ends up in jail or worse.

Well, P.J.'s not off to a great start. He scored seven points while shooting 2-for-16 (1-for-10 on three-pointers) in Charlotte's inaugural NBA summer league game yesterday, which the Hornets lost 70-58 to Golden State. (P.J.'s former Heel teammate, James Michael McAdoo, tallied a respectable 11 points on 4-for-7 shooting for the Warriors.) If P.J. doesn't step it up, he could find himself in a tight spot.

But P.J. can take some comfort in the fact that he actually shot better than Charlotte's lottery pick Noah Vonleh, who went 0-for-13.

BD80
07-12-2014, 03:57 PM
... P.J. can take some comfort in the fact that he actually shot better than Charlotte's lottery pick Noah Vonleh, who went 0-for-13.

Noah got so frustrated that he tried to slam the ball on the floor, but he missed ...

jv001
07-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Well, P.J.'s not off to a great start. He scored seven points while shooting 2-for-16 (1-for-10 on three-pointers) in Charlotte's inaugural NBA summer league game yesterday, which the Hornets lost 70-58 to Golden State. (P.J.'s former Heel teammate, James Michael McAdoo, tallied a respectable 11 points on 4-for-7 shooting for the Warriors.) If P.J. doesn't step it up, he could find himself in a tight spot.But P.J. can take some comfort in the fact that he actually shot better than Charlotte's lottery pick Noah Vonleh, who went 0-for-13.

But PJ will never be without a ride. He can call on Fats anytime. GoDuke!