PDA

View Full Version : 2014 US Open and Blue Devils

rthomas
06-05-2014, 09:56 AM
http://trianglesportsnet.com/2014-u-s-open-former-blue-devils-ogilvie-blaum-join-streelman-field/

3 former Blue Devils in the US Open!

Ogilvie
Blaum
Streelman

Go Duke!

sagegrouse
06-12-2014, 09:49 PM
http://trianglesportsnet.com/2014-u-s-open-former-blue-devils-ogilvie-blaum-join-streelman-field/

3 former Blue Devils in the US Open!

Ogilvie
Blaum
Streelman

Go Duke!

Ryan Blaum and Joe Ogilvie at +3; Kevin Streelman at +5.

Tomorrow our guys get the early tee times, which have been easier owing to the greater moisture on the course: Joey O. at a rooster-rousing 7:07; Kevin at 8:24, followed by Ryan at 8:345. All three are off the first tee.

nocilla
06-13-2014, 07:43 AM
Ryan Blaum and Joe Ogilvie at +3; Kevin Streelman at +5.

Tomorrow our guys get the early tee times, which have been easier owing to the greater moisture on the course: Joey O. at a rooster-rousing 7:07; Kevin at 8:24, followed by Ryan at 8:345. All three are off the first tee.

My roosters are up long before 7:07. Although I guess Joe needs to get up with the roosters in order to make his tee time.

sagegrouse
06-13-2014, 09:56 AM
My roosters are up long before 7:07. Although I guess Joe needs to get up with the roosters in order to make his tee time.

Yep. Standard is to arrive in the practice area two hours before tee time, which would be 5:07. In this clime, 5:07 may require lights on the range and practice green. He would then get up at about 4AM (daylight time) to get the day started and get to the course. That's respectable for a rooster, I believe.

Personally, I make it a practice to leave my house about 20 minutes before tee time, but it is only a four-minute drive to the course. Moreover, if I actually work out and loosen up for ten minutes at home, it does me more good than hacking at the range for an equivalent period. But then, it shows when I play.....

Kindly, Sage

Tripping William
06-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Finishes at +12 (+7 today) & won't play the weekend. Ogilvie slams it less hard, but still, at +9 for the tourney. Baum likely out, too, at +7, as the cut line at present appears to be +5. Ouch.

Tripping William
06-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Took the family to yesterday's final round and, as we were working our way up the 8th fairway, we passed Andre Dawkins. Got to introduce him to my son, who was thrilled. Dre was initially shy (caught off-guard a little, I think), but really opened up for the nine-year-old kid & flashed one of those great smiles. Even my Tar Heel wife thought it was cool. As it turns out, it kept us from seeing Zach Johnson's ace at #9, but was totally worth it.