View Full Version : All NBA Teams are Announced

Billy Dat
06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
First team:
Durant, Lebron, Joakim Noah, James Harden, Chris Paul

Second Team:
Blake Griffin, K Love, Dwight Howard, Steph Curry, Tony Parker

Third Team:
Paul George, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Goran Dragic, Damian Lillard.

Also receiving votes:
Carmelo Anthony, John Wall, Tim Duncan, DeMar DeRozan, Anthony Davis, Dirk Nowitzki, Russell Westbrook, Kyle Lowry, DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, DeMarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade, Mike Conley, Serge Ibaka, Zach Randolph, Joe Johnson, Lance Stephenson, Ty Lawson, Paul Millsap Chris Bosh, Andre Drummond, Monta Ellis, Kawhi Leonard

The voting is based on a points system which awards different points for which team they are voted onto. I did a quick match of points to "pre NBA destination" to see which feeders had a good year. The results are below only including feeders who had more than one player plus the 15-501 rivals:

Pre NBA Setting
Total Points
Number of Players

US High School

Texas

Wake Forest

USC

Outside the US

UCLA

Kentucky

Duke

UNC

flyingdutchdevil
06-04-2014, 02:12 PM
I guess Harden's inclusion means you don't have to play a lick of defense to be 1st Team All NBA...

Mabdul Doobakus
06-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Lebron James received 124 out of a possible 125 votes for NBA First Team, as some guy named Chris Sheridan--surely seeking exactly the type of attention I am giving him right now--decided that King James was not one of the best five players in the league this year.

And here is an article from (I would assume) the same Chris Sheridan, published yesterday, which calls Lebron James the best player on the planet and picks the Heat over the Spurs in 7:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/06/02/sheridans-nba-finals-prediction-heat-in-7/

It cannot be argued that Lebron was dogging it this regular season to any significant degree, so I can only assume this was done to drive up traffic to Sheridan's website. If I am any type of test case, then mission accomplished.

Billy Dat
06-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I guess Harden's inclusion means you don't have to play a lick of defense to be 1st Team All NBA...

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1h
As for Harden on 1st team, I picked him, and I didn't feel good about it. Just too many elite guards missed huge chunks of season.

Mabdul Doobakus
06-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 1h
As for Harden on 1st team, I picked him, and I didn't feel good about it. Just too many elite guards missed huge chunks of season.

Yeah, I was gonna quote Lowe's tweet also, but I don't agree with the selection anyway. I'll take Paul and Curry.

Chicago 1995
06-04-2014, 02:39 PM
First team:
Durant, Lebron, Joakim Noah, James Harden, Chris Paul

Second Team:
Blake Griffin, K Love, Dwight Howard, Steph Curry, Tony Parker

Third Team:
Paul George, LaMarcus Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Goran Dragic, Damian Lillard.

Also receiving votes:
Carmelo Anthony, John Wall, Tim Duncan, DeMar DeRozan, Anthony Davis, Dirk Nowitzki, Russell Westbrook, Kyle Lowry, DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, DeMarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade, Mike Conley, Serge Ibaka, Zach Randolph, Joe Johnson, Lance Stephenson, Ty Lawson, Paul Millsap Chris Bosh, Andre Drummond, Monta Ellis, Kawhi Leonard

The voting is based on a points system which awards different points for which team they are voted onto. I did a quick match of points to "pre NBA destination" to see which feeders had a good year. The results are below only including feeders who had more than one player plus the 15-501 rivals:

Pre NBA Setting
Total Points
Number of Players

US High School

Texas

Wake Forest

USC

Outside the US

UCLA

Kentucky

Duke

UNC

Looks like you've credited USC with James Harden's votes. He went to Arizona State.

Billy Dat
06-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Looks like you've credited USC with James Harden's votes. He went to Arizona State.

You're correct - my bad!!! I guess all Pac 12 schools look alike.

gurufrisbee
06-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Sheridan should lose his priviledge of having a vote - forever. That's ridiculous.

Chicago 1995
06-04-2014, 02:56 PM
You're correct - my bad!!! I guess all Pac 12 schools look alike.

I was a little frustrated trying to figure out who I forgot went to SC. When I couldn't do that, I did the math from the votes and players receiving votes.

And I totally get not differentiating between two non-descript, Pac-12 schools with unremarkable basketball programs. Other than the SC team we beat in the 2001 tourney, which I really enjoyed watching, I've not cared a hoot about SC hoops ever. And while ASU was kind of fun to watch this year, they've not exactly been appointment TV, well, ever.

Billy Dat
06-04-2014, 03:06 PM
I was a little frustrated trying to figure out who I forgot went to SC. When I couldn't do that, I did the math from the votes and players receiving votes.

And I totally get not differentiating between two non-descript, Pac-12 schools with unremarkable basketball programs. Other than the SC team we beat in the 2001 tourney, which I really enjoyed watching, I've not cared a hoot about SC hoops ever. And while ASU was kind of fun to watch this year, they've not exactly been appointment TV, well, ever.

That's an A+ for sleuthing effort. How could I forget the legend, Herb Sendek, and his molding of young James' game? I find it offensive, however, that you didn't closely follow the career of Duke transfer, Eric Boateng, when he landed at ASU...you call yourself a Duke fan?!?!

Reilly
06-04-2014, 03:58 PM
... I find it offensive, however, that you didn't closely follow the career of Duke transfer, Eric Boateng ...

I did a regression analysis involving Eric Boateng's combined recruiting ranking, his expected number of minutes at Duke, his actual number of minutes at Duke, the number of DBR posts mentioning his name, and the strength of schedule of Arizona State's opponents' opponents (the last 25% of the RPI, I believe). What came out in the wash is that Chicago 1995 was not alone.

gurufrisbee
06-05-2014, 12:38 AM
I ended up in the Spokane airport picking up my sister and brother in law who happened to be flying on the same plane as the ASU team that had just played Washington and was coming over to play Washington State. And yes, I had a Duke cap, Duke sweatshirt, and Duke shorts on (it was half to embarass my sister who thinks it's ridiculous when I dress all in Duke clothes that are obviously not some matching suit). I absolutely took advantage to go and meet and an autograph from Harden (who was too cool to be hanging out with his teammates), walked by Sendek and laughed, and walked by Boateng and just shook my head in disgust (the only other one I talked to was McMillan because I had watched him in high school and been a fan of his dad).

And I also just have to mention in USC's defense, there was one year there where OJ Mayo made a lot of money playing for them.

kAzE
06-05-2014, 03:43 AM
The fact that Tim Duncan isn't All-NBA this season makes this entire thing a farce, in my opinion. And James Harden is first team, what a joke.