PDA

View Full Version : Athletics Facilities Construction Updates

uh_no
05-09-2014, 09:24 AM
So I was looking for updates on the WW renovations and came across this article keeley did in december that i don't remember seeing here (most likely gobbled by the bball season)

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/12/17/3467604/duke-facilities-update-track-to.html

so if it was posted before, apologies...and it's the offseason anyway, what else is there to do but rehash old topics? hopefully this is new news for someone else, as it was for me

highlights:

1) after all the hulaballoo last fall, the track will still be around next year
2) pretty much all they're doing for this year is working on the east gate
3) the main reason they haven't done much is because they want the track to be there before they tear out the old one

Reilly
05-09-2014, 10:29 AM
An update about what the Board of Trustees will see:

http://duke.247sports.com/Article/Duke-Board-of-Trustees-will-see-plans-for-stadium-renovations-28539140

Newton_14
05-09-2014, 10:32 AM
So I was looking for updates on the WW renovations and came across this article keeley did in december that i don't remember seeing here (most likely gobbled by the bball season)

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/12/17/3467604/duke-facilities-update-track-to.html

so if it was posted before, apologies...and it's the offseason anyway, what else is there to do but rehash old topics? hopefully this is new news for someone else, as it was for me

highlights:

1) after all the hulaballoo last fall, the track will still be around next year
2) pretty much all they're doing for this year is working on the east gate
3) the main reason they haven't done much is because they want the track to be there before they tear out the old one

They have, however, done a ton of work on the other parts of the project. From the time bball season started until it finished, all of the fields outside of WW were totally transformed. They put in brand new bleachers at the Lacrosse/Soccer field, tore up the astro-turf field behind it, and across the dirt path from those two fields, they installed brand new fields with immaculate turf grass. It was amazing to watch how quickly that transpired and how great the new fields look.

I have not been out there since bball season but hope to go soon to see what else is done.

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Limitations and changes in parking began during the basketball season and will impact parking for football. The Iron Dukes are moving to a model used in many other places .... charging a fee for a season parking pass.

mattman91
05-09-2014, 12:29 PM
I saw somewhere where they were looking at putting in actual blue seats a WW. Even saw a picture of a couple rows that were installed already.

What about the bunker suites in Cameron?

blazindw
05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I saw somewhere where they were looking at putting in actual blue seats a WW. Even saw a picture of a couple rows that were installed already.

I think that's something they are considering and they put in a couple test seats to show how it would look in relation to the current benches. Putting in seats would be a great way to expand WW without increasing capacity all that much (since seats take up more space than numbers on a bench).

Newton_14
05-09-2014, 12:53 PM
I think that's something they are considering and they put in a couple test seats to show how it would look in relation to the current benches. Putting in seats would be a great way to expand WW without increasing capacity all that much (since seats take up more space than numbers on a bench).

Not to mention the relief on my back and rear. :)

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-09-2014, 01:16 PM

The bleachers are being replaced in phases. The work is starting in several sections on the east side of the stadium where several sections will be replaced and ready to use for the 2014 season. I remember seeing a picture with this explanation in the brochure related to season ticket orders for next season. There are changes in the pricing and designation of various sections as well.

Bob Green
05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
There was a row of blue seats installed in Section 5 or 6 during the Spring Game. PA announcements were made encouraging folks to check out the new seats. If my memory serves me correctly, and it does not always, the PA announcements stated most East Side sections would have the new seats installed prior to the 2014 season.

I'm thinking us End Zone dwellers will be last if at all. That's alright, I like the view from the cheap seats.

airowe
05-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Sections 3 through 10 will have the seats this season, at least according to the season ticket renewal brochure. However, the presentation to the Board of Trustees today could be updated with a new plan. I will updated the original story posted upthread when I hear more about the meeting.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2632212.pdf?ATCLID=209395734&SPSID=22672&SPID=1843&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Newton_14
05-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Sections 3 through 10 will have the seats this season, at least according to the season ticket renewal brochure. However, the presentation to the Board of Trustees today could be updated with a new plan. I will updated the original story posted upthread when I hear more about the meeting.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2632212.pdf?ATCLID=209395734&SPSID=22672&SPID=1843&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Thanks for the update Adam. I am looking forward to all of the changes being complete including the concourse between WW and CIS and the new front to CIS. That is going to be really nice.

Having both FB and BB ranked in the top 5 is going to be pretty cool too. :cool:

uh_no
05-09-2014, 02:07 PM
There was a row of blue seats installed in Section 5 or 6 during the Spring Game. PA announcements were made encouraging folks to check out the new seats. If my memory serves me correctly, and it does not always, the PA announcements stated most East Side sections would have the new seats installed prior to the 2014 season.

I'm thinking us End Zone dwellers will be last if at all. That's alright, I like the view from the cheap seats.

I like my leg room!

Bob Green
05-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I will updated the original story posted upthread when I hear more about the meeting.

Thanks! The community appreciates the information.

DU82
05-09-2014, 07:38 PM
I've reviewed the plans for the lowering of the field and the new east gate entrance area. (These are the plans submitted to the City to receive plan approval, not building permits.)

The east gate area (off of Wannamaker) will move to behind sections 3/4 from 6/7 (towards the open end). This is more or less even with the cemetery, and the bathroom building that was constructed a few years ago is immediately to the left of the entrance (forms the left wall.) The old shed and restroom buildings will go, and a new concessions and restroom building will be located behind the seats separated by a concrete courtyard (about the same width as the current concourse closer to the Yoh Building.) The concourse for this stage runs from section 1 to halfway in section 12 (the aisle.)

The president's box is gone (I'm guessing it'll move to the new club seats on the other side) and ADA seating (platforms) will be behind each section.

Outside the gate, the parking area gets a bit more defined, with concrete sidewalks instead of the mud paths that connect some areas.

I've grabbed a "snapshot" of the plan sheet from the PDF but can't seem to attach the picture right now.

DU82
05-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Wallace Wade Field Lowering

The field will move about 2 1/2 yards towards the closed end. There will be six rows of seats added from the aisle of section 3 to the aisle of section 11, and from 22 to 30 (If I'm counting sections correctly) plus a platform for ADA seating (in front of the section right at the wall.) An elevator/ramp combo will be added to the side of the last sections (1 and 32?) for ADA access to the seating.

There will be five sections of eight rows added to the closed end as well. This is pure speculation, but I only see steps to the field at the end zone seats, so I'm guessing that the band may move there.

The field will remain grass, but "Syntectic" turf will surround the playing field. (no sense the teams stand on grass/mud.)

I haven't seen any plan for the new club level/press box.

I also apologize for not being able to upload a picture of the plan sheet. (I'd link, but I'm not sure the page is intended for public viewing.) I'll get the snapshots to somebody who'll hopefully have more luck posting them.

DU82
05-09-2014, 07:54 PM

Duke East Gate

(Ah, Google Chrome instead of IE.)

DU82
05-09-2014, 07:55 PM
And the field lowering plan sheet

uh_no
05-11-2014, 12:37 PM
i was over at graduation today, and had my eye out for any activity, and there was nothing, other than the dozen blue seats they had put in. at some point i'd like to head over to the soccer/new track and snap a few shots for those of you who aren't around the durham

DU82
05-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Adding to the info about the new seats for the east (visitor) side, here's a link to the "new" seat backs that will be available for rent in WW...

https://www.seatbacks.com/main.aspx?school=dukeseats&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=4200&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

The Gordog
05-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Wallace Wade Field

The field will remain grass, but "Syntectic" turf will surround the playing field. (no sense the teams stand on grass/mud.)

Except That It's A Pain Standing On Turf Wearing Shoes Made For Grass. Maybe There Is A Shoe That Works For Both That I'm Not Aware Of.

uh_no
05-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Except That It's A Pain Standing On Turf Wearing Shoes Made For Grass. Maybe There Is A Shoe That Works For Both That I'm Not Aware Of.

modern turf is more similar to grass than the old stuff. at least when you're just standing on it, there's little difference.

MulletMan
05-15-2014, 02:22 PM
I like my leg room!

Then you will probably want to stay away from the new seats. I was in WW last weekend and the one row of seats is still installed. We took a walk over and tried them out. It appears that the seats will be installed directly onto the existing cross bars for the bleachers... meaning the top bleacher slab will be removed and the seats will be attached to the bleacher cross support. (At least, that's how these were installed.) My first impression was that a second row of seats in front of the seat I was in would have been pressing against my knees. Was not a big fan.

I'm only about 6 feet tall... bigger folks will have serious leg room issues.

But the seats look good!

uh_no
05-15-2014, 04:01 PM
Then you will probably want to stay away from the new seats. I was in WW last weekend and the one row of seats is still installed. We took a walk over and tried them out. It appears that the seats will be installed directly onto the existing cross bars for the bleachers... meaning the top bleacher slab will be removed and the seats will be attached to the bleacher cross support. (At least, that's how these were installed.) My first impression was that a second row of seats in front of the seat I was in would have been pressing against my knees. Was not a big fan.

I'm only about 6 feet tall... bigger folks will have serious leg room issues.

But the seats look good!

It's pretty much what they did with the seats in kenan. Seats take up more room than benches, and if you try to fit them with the same pitch, you're going to run into legroom issues.

Kenan is awful to sit in (for a 6'2 guy), and the seats in WW will be the same for tall folk.....glad I keep my student ID around so i can just hit up the student section

-jk
05-15-2014, 05:49 PM
It's pretty much what they did with the seats in kenan. Seats take up more room than benches, and if you try to fit them with the same pitch, you're going to run into legroom issues.

Kenan is awful to sit in (for a 6'2 guy), and the seats in WW will be the same for tall folk.....glad I keep my student ID around so i can just hit up the student section

Some of these older venues are tough on the knees. (I'm looking at You!, Cameron. But I wouldn't trade you for anything!)

-jk

uh_no
05-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Some of these older venues are tough on the knees. (I'm looking at You!, Cameron. But I wouldn't trade you for anything!)

-jk

worst I was ever in was the bleachers upstairs in conte-forum.....crammed together, no-back plastic benches....but they were sort of contoured as to be insanely uncomfortable. I stood in the back for the rest of the game.

Acymetric
05-15-2014, 07:26 PM
My enthusiasm for stadium renovations is officially shot. Don't like the direction we're going with it, the only positive is that since we've been pushing back the dates ever since it was first publicly announced it gives some time for everyone involved to reconsider once they backtrack on the construction following 2015 (as they did this year).

DU82
05-15-2014, 09:36 PM
My enthusiasm for stadium renovations is officially shot. Don't like the direction we're going with it, the only positive is that since we've been pushing back the dates ever since it was first publicly announced it gives some time for everyone involved to reconsider once they backtrack on the construction following 2015 (as they did this year).

I don't understand the love for tearing the place down and rebuilding. What does it gain? A lot of money for about the same number of seats, and about the only difference is the front row is straight instead of curved. (Ok, they could make the rows wider to properly fit seats, rather than squeezing them in as Uh No pointed out.)

The proposed bleachers are as close to the field as you'd reasonably get in any other stadium. At the 50, the bleachers will be about 55' away from the edge of the field. It provides enough room for the team box, and space for support staff and cameras behind them. As a note, MetLife Stadium's seats are 46' away, which is the closest in the NFL (BoA is 50'.) Is ten feet that big a difference for football?

So, other than it was delayed a year (and the press/club box is perhaps a year further), what direction don't you like? The design or that it isn't being completely rebuilt?

Acymetric
05-15-2014, 10:11 PM
I don't understand the love for tearing the place down and rebuilding. What does it gain? A lot of money for about the same number of seats, and about the only difference is the front row is straight instead of curved. (Ok, they could make the rows wider to properly fit seats, rather than squeezing them in as Uh No pointed out.)

The proposed bleachers are as close to the field as you'd reasonably get in any other stadium. At the 50, the bleachers will be about 55' away from the edge of the field. It provides enough room for the team box, and space for support staff and cameras behind them. As a note, MetLife Stadium's seats are 46' away, which is the closest in the NFL (BoA is 50'.) Is ten feet that big a difference for football?

So, other than it was delayed a year (and the press/club box is perhaps a year further), what direction don't you like? The design or that it isn't being completely rebuilt?

Who said anything about tearing down and rebuilding? I'm not sure I've seen anyone seriously suggest that (and I certainly didn't) here or elsewhere so I don't really understand why you're bringing it up. But there is a difference between tacking some bleachers behind the sidelines after removing the track and extending the entire bowl structure down after removing the track. One looks top notch and intentional, the other looks like a tacky afterthought. The 10' isn't closeness of the seats to the field, its more about appearance (and I assume you are aware the 10' isn't a horizontal distance, it was the original distance the field was to be lowered to allow the bowl to be brought down uniformly all the way around the bowl).

msdukie
05-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Behold:

http://fmd.duke.edu/guidelines/active/index.php

DU82
05-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Who said anything about tearing down and rebuilding? I'm not sure I've seen anyone seriously suggest that (and I certainly didn't) here or elsewhere so I don't really understand why you're bringing it up. But there is a difference between tacking some bleachers behind the sidelines after removing the track and extending the entire bowl structure down after removing the track. One looks top notch and intentional, the other looks like a tacky afterthought. The 10' isn't closeness of the seats to the field, its more about appearance (and I assume you are aware the 10' isn't a horizontal distance, it was the original distance the field was to be lowered to allow the bowl to be brought down uniformly all the way around the bowl).

Sorry, confusing this thread with the thread on Devil's Den; somebody gave me a heads up that they've been referring to the plans I posted so I checked out their free football forum. Over there, a lot of talk about how we should tear down and rebuild, similar to what Stanford did a few years ago.

It appears that the field will be lowered six to seven feet, based on the grading plan included in the set I reviewed. I apologize for not recognizing that detail before.

So they're not just "tacked on", there is additional construction of retaining walls around the field in front of the new bleachers. There are planters or something in front of the sections that are not getting new bleachers, I'm assuming to mask the bottom of the original wall. I can't tell if the original wall is being removed or just sections to provide access.

Bottom line is that to me these plans look exactly like the Duke Forward campaign start-up material provided in late 2012. (At least the field and east gate improvements.)

Duvall
09-09-2014, 01:44 AM
Is it too late to return the money and cancel the renovations? Spending nine-figure sums on facilities upgrades would seem to lock Duke into trying to stay at the top level of college athletics for another generation, if not longer, and it just doesn't seem like that's in the best interest of the university, or any university.

Jarhead
09-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Is it too late to return the money and cancel the renovations? Spending nine-figure sums on facilities upgrades would seem to lock Duke into trying to stay at the top level of college athletics for another generation, if not longer, and it just doesn't seem like that's in the best interest of the university, or any university.
That's a pretty strong condemnation of the renovations to the athletic facilities. That's a pretty large range of expenditures you start with, though. It goes from $100,000,000 to $999,999,999. I'd say that the lower end of the range would be reasonable considering the low maintenance that the facilities have had since I enrolled at Duke in 1949. What I'd like to know is where the planned expenditures stand compared to the rest of the university expenditures. Has that info ever been released?

sagegrouse
09-09-2014, 11:49 AM
That's a pretty strong condemnation of the renovations to the athletic facilities. That's a pretty large range of expenditures you start with, though. It goes from $100,000,000 to $999,999,999. I'd say that the lower end of the range would be reasonable considering the low maintenance that the facilities have had since I enrolled at Duke in 1949. What I'd like to know is where the planned expenditures stand compared to the rest of the university expenditures. Has that info ever been released?

Here's a Herald-Sun article (http://www.heraldsun.com/news/x1592157239/Duke-board-approves-2013-14-budget) from2013 on the 2014 Duke budget: $2.2 billion with $272 million for capital projects. I can easily imagine a 10-15 year plan for athletic investments could be in the hundreds of millions.

I don't have time to figure out how much of the Med Center is in the budget. I do know that the high pay of our world-class doctors goes through a separate private entity so the compensation doesn't have to be reported publicly and demonstrate that our million-dollar Prez is way down the list of high-paid Duke folks.

buddy
09-09-2014, 11:51 AM
I hope some of that nine figure number will go to paper towels, toilet paper, soap, and especially urinals in Cameron. And maybe to hire someone to patrol/clean/replenish the men's rooms during games. (I have no personal knowledge of the ladies facilities.)

Henderson
09-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Limitations and changes in parking began during the basketball season and will impact parking for football. The Iron Dukes are moving to a model used in many other places .... charging a fee for a season parking pass.

A parking problem for football games is a nice problem to have. I can remember when people called to find out when the game started, and the response was, "What time can you get here?"

Duvall
09-09-2014, 12:50 PM

Wasn't sure how much of the $250 million Duke was looking to raise for athletics was going to go to facilities. Looks like it's going to be about $100 million.

But I'm less concerned with the amount of money being spent than the idea that Duke would commit itself indefinitely to stay in a world in which Calipari thrives and Penn State is possible. I can't shake the feeling that after the current ten or so year commitment to the Atlantic Coast Conference under the grant of rights that Duke should de-emphasize athletics and be rid of this whole rotten business once and for all, on its own terms.

Henderson
09-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Wasn't sure how much of the $250 million Duke was looking to raise for athletics was going to go to facilities. Looks like it's going to be about $100 million.

But I'm less concerned with the amount of money being spent than the idea that Duke would commit itself indefinitely to stay in a world in which Calipari thrives and Penn State is possible. I can't shake the feeling that after the current ten or so year commitment to the Atlantic Coast Conference under the grant of rights that Duke should de-emphasize athletics and be rid of this whole rotten business once and for all, on its own terms.

That would be a bizarre approach, given that Duke has an opportunity to show (and has shown) that excellence in athletics and excellence in academics can go hand in hand. I see this more as a model that other schools can learn from.

Duvall
09-09-2014, 01:51 PM
That would be a bizarre approach, given that Duke has an opportunity to show (and has shown) that excellence in athletics and excellence in academics can go hand in hand. I see this more as a model that other schools can learn from.

But it's not, is it? If we're headed toward a world in which the power conferences make their own rules, the model will be built by the Alabamas and Texases for Alabama and Texas. Does Duke have a place there? Should Duke try to make one?

77devil
09-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Here's a Herald-Sun article (http://www.heraldsun.com/news/x1592157239/Duke-board-approves-2013-14-budget) from2013 on the 2014 Duke budget: $2.2 billion with $272 million for capital projects. I can easily imagine a 10-15 year plan for athletic investments could be in the hundreds of millions.

I don't have time to figure out how much of the Med Center is in the budget. I do know that the high pay of our world-class doctors goes through a separate private entity so the compensation doesn't have to be reported publicly and demonstrate that our million-dollar Prez is way down the list of high-paid Duke folks.

And overpaid at that.

Henderson
09-09-2014, 02:21 PM
But it's not, is it? If we're headed toward a world in which the power conferences make their own rules, the model will be built by the Alabamas and Texases for Alabama and Texas. Does Duke have a place there? Should Duke try to make one?

You assume that if Duke invests in great athletic facilities, it's on the slow road to hell. Baloney. Duke has its own path, and just because Alabama and Texas might falter, that doesn't mean Duke inevitably will.

Duvall
09-09-2014, 02:23 PM
You assume that if Duke invests in great athletic facilities, it's on the slow road to hell. Baloney.

Let me clear - what I am assuming is that big-time athletics is going to be hell, regardless of whether Duke succeeds at it or fails.

Henderson
09-09-2014, 02:27 PM
Let me clear - what I am assuming is that big-time athletics is going to be hell, regardless of whether Duke succeeds at it or fails.

Don't make me bust out the Eeyore image again.

jimsumner
09-09-2014, 03:26 PM
A parking problem for football games is a nice problem to have. I can remember when people called to find out when the game started, and the response was, "What time can you get here?"

Drum roll on three

Wander
09-09-2014, 04:59 PM

While the world you envision is certainly possible, I don't view it yet as inevitable.

This is not the same thing, but I remember in 2007 after Florida and Ohio State made the title game in basketball, Pat Forde, who I usually like, wrote about how mega-programs were just going to take over all of college sports, and we should get used to seeing those football powerhouses spend and recruit their way to the Final Four every year. Since then, every basketball national title has been won by a basketball school that sucks at football (well, except us now!), in addition to Butler and Wichita State and VCU making the Final Four. Many people thought an expansion of the tournament to 96 teams was inevitable. Maybe these things are still coming, but sometimes predictions just don't pan out.

TruBlu
09-09-2014, 06:34 PM
I hope some of that nine figure number will go to paper towels, toilet paper, soap, and especially urinals in Cameron. And maybe to hire someone to patrol/clean/replenish the men's rooms during games. (I have no personal knowledge of the ladies facilities.)

My only knowledge of the ladies facilities is that there must not be enough of them. The ladies endure extremely long lines at halftime, and a fair number of them miss the start of the second half of games. I will gladly waive my increased allowance of paper towels, etc., if they can improve the ladies' situation.

dukelifer
09-09-2014, 06:58 PM

That number excludes the Health System- which is about the same size- but it does include the Medical School. 40% of that 2.2B is from sponsored research grants- money faculty bring in as a result of their research. So while the budget is big- it is not quite as big as one might think. Athletics is expected to raise all the money for their capital projects which they tend to do very well.

Gargoyle
11-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Here is an update from The Chronicle on the construction plans.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2014/11/28/wallace-wade-construction-set-begin-following-wake-forest-game-finish-2016

Newton_14
11-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Here is an update from The Chronicle on the construction plans.

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2014/11/28/wallace-wade-construction-set-begin-following-wake-forest-game-finish-2016

They started tonight right after the game. It was pretty cool. They had all the heavy equipment parked at the open end of the horseshoe on the track and then as the game was winding down the workers were gathering at the equipment ready to go. I assume they will work through the night. Can't wait to see it completed, especially when they put the new building right in front of Cameron Indoor so you can go in there before they open the doors to Cameron for the game. That will be very nice especially during bad weather. The new concourse between Wally Wade and CIS should be really cool as well.

Best part for football will be having the actual stadium much closer to the field with the track gone.

Note: Not sure if the building that will front Cameron is in the plans for 2015, 2016, or what. I understand there will be several phases of the project before everything is final and complete.

Edit: After reading the article (duh, what a novel idea dummy) it looks like the work tonight is just the ceremonial ground breaking and the real work starts Monday.

msdukie
11-29-2014, 11:46 PM
They started tonight right after the game. It was pretty cool. They had all the heavy equipment parked at the open end of the horseshoe on the track and then as the game was winding down the workers were gathering at the equipment ready to go. I assume they will work through the night. Can't wait to see it completed, especially when they put the new building right in front of Cameron Indoor so you can go in there before they open the doors to Cameron for the game. That will be very nice especially during bad weather. The new concourse between Wally Wade and CIS should be really cool as well.

Best part for football will be having the actual stadium much closer to the field with the track gone.

Note: Not sure if the building that will front Cameron is in the plans for 2015, 2016, or what. I understand there will be several phases of the project before everything is final and complete.

Edit: After reading the article (duh, what a novel idea dummy) it looks like the work tonight is just the ceremonial ground breaking and the real work starts Monday.

Rubenstein Pavillion (Cameron's new front) is not a new building, it is an extension of Cameron. I think tickets will be taken when you walk into it, so unless you have club access, there has been no indication you can hang out in the lobby before the rest of Cameron opens. The Board of Trustees is voting to approve Rubenstein Pavillion and Scott Family Athletic Center next Saturday. Construction for both starts in April. They should be done by August 2016 along when Wallace Wade is done, so next year will be a massive construction zone.

Newton_14
11-29-2014, 11:52 PM
Rubenstein Pavillion (Cameron's new front) is not a new building, it is an extension of Cameron. I think tickets will be taken when you walk into it, so unless you have club access, there has been no indication you can hang out in the lobby before the rest of Cameron opens. The Board of Trustees is voting to approve Rubenstein Pavillion and Scott Family Athletic Center next Saturday. Construction for both starts in April. They should be done by August 2016 along when Wallace Wade is done, so next year will be a massive construction zone.

Thanks for the update! Good stuff. I was thinking it would be like Greensboro, but guess not. Would be neat if you could get into the extension and then have your ticket taken entering the regular building.

-bdbd
11-30-2014, 02:10 AM

I hope that fans on these boards will be posting pictures of the progress over the next year. It'll be nice to follow it...

Duvall
12-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Whoa. (http://instagram.com/p/wFBU6rGN-a/)

Things just got real.

-jk
12-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Things just got real.

Huh. That kid in me who used WW as a playground just shuddered. I jumped that wall thousands of times...

-jk

msdukie
12-01-2014, 10:30 PM

Things just got real.

I can't handle this. It's totally illogical, but true. And I want a piece of that.

Duvall
12-01-2014, 11:00 PM
I can't handle this. It's totally illogical, but true. And I want a piece of that.

Too late now. Should have gone to the Wake game with a sledgehammer.

77devil
12-02-2014, 12:48 PM

No worries. I'm sure Duke will be selling in pieces, beautifully mounted on a commemorative plaque.

CameronBornAndBred
12-02-2014, 12:52 PM
I've got my little chunk of blue grass potted on my back deck. :)