PDA

View Full Version : K Did Receive Order of LIncoln Medallion Award in Person

sagegrouse
05-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Front page article makes it seem that K couldn't be bothered to go to Chicago to receive his award.

Still, it must have been sweet for him to win the Lincoln medallion, which is the highest honor his home state of Illinois offers.

He was unable to attend because of a commitment in Durham, but one has to think it touched the proud Chicagoan.

That seemed strange, so I looked into it:

Gov. Pat Quinn presented Chicago native Mike Krzyzewski (shuh-SHEF'-skee) with the Order of Lincoln medallion during a Saturday luncheon at the Art Institute of Chicago.

Seven other honorees, including former Secretary of State and former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton will receive awards Saturday evening at the Field Museum.

Krzyzewski says he couldn't attend the later event because he's hosting a fundraiser in Durham, North Carolina.

Kindly, Sage

bob blue devil
05-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Front page article makes it seem that K couldn't be bothered to go to Chicago to receive his award.

That seemed strange, so I looked into it:

Kindly, Sage

Thanks for clarifying. The original story didn't sit right.

CameronBornAndBred
05-05-2014, 02:07 PM
When I read that article yesterday, the first thing I thought was "we really still have to spell out the pronunciation of his name?". :rolleyes: