PDA

View Full Version : Old Ball Coach MUST be a genius!!!

Devilsfan
09-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Spurrier continues to do more with less than any coach in America. I bet Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame and a few others probably wish secrectly that they had him at the helm. Too bad Carolina (South) got him the elite golf membership first.

SilkyJ
09-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Spurrier continues to do more with less than any coach in America. I bet Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame and a few others probably wish secrectly that they had him at the helm. Too bad Carolina (South) got him the elite golf membership first.

we should offer him whatever the equivalent of a "max contract" is in college football is. we'd at least go to a bowl game...ahh, memories of tampa in '95...

happydays1949
09-09-2007, 10:41 PM

How about putting Duke in that group.

crote
09-10-2007, 12:44 AM
we should offer him whatever the equivalent of a "max contract" is in college football is.

That would be about two or three times what K makes, if I remember his salary figures accurately.

madscavenger
09-10-2007, 01:15 AM
I remember at the All American Bowl in Birmingham, Spurrier's last game coaching Duke (in which we didn't exactly compete), someone unfurled a banner reading "Keep the playbook, Steve". Why do you think he would be more successful now, just because we would be paying him more? We clearly have structural problems that we have to address in creative ways to be successful in football. What works for major football powers will not and cannot be the way we get there - we have to find our own path to success. Old saws will do nothing but blind us to the fact that we have to do things differently. Until we recognize this, we will wander in the desert of football futility.

hc5duke
09-10-2007, 01:38 AM
That would be about two or three times what K makes, if I remember his salary figures accurately.

Speaking strictly financially, wouldn't a bowl-bound football team from the ACC make at least 2x-3x what the Duke basketball program makes? IIRC our football program right now makes roughly the same amount of money, if not more than, our basketball program. I repeat, I'm only looking at this from $$$ perspective.