PDA

View Full Version : MLax: Richmond? Richmond!

burnspbesq
05-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Massive congrats to the Richmond Spiders.

In their first year as a NCAA Division 1 program, the Spiders beat top seed Mercer in the semis and two seed High Point in the final to take the A-Sun tournament and grab the conference's automatic bid to the Big Barbecue.

Unprecedented? Oh yeah.

A fluke? Nope. The Spiders are 6-10, but six of their losses were by three goals or less.

The Spiders will almost certainly be in one of the two midweek play-in games. Possible opponents: Albany, Siena, Fairfield, Harvard.

Unreal. Still shaking my head.

Dr. Rosenrosen
05-04-2014, 08:18 AM
A new form of the Duke curse!

duke2x
05-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Richmond is coming to Durham...if they beat Air Force.

MCFinARL
05-04-2014, 10:26 PM

Duke gets the #1 seed and has a pretty good draw. Assuming they get past the Richmond-Air Force winner, they will play the winner of UVa-Hopkins--not a game that will be an easy win but one that is winnable. Interestingly, UVa gets the 8 seed on the basis of their showcase game over UNC, which ends up unseeded--so the showcase game may have been the most important game of the whole tournament in terms of the seeding.

Duvall
05-04-2014, 10:36 PM

Go Falcons! Cinderella notwithstanding, I don't want any Richmond teams coming to Durham.

Native
05-05-2014, 09:56 PM
In their first year as a NCAA Division 1 program, the Spiders beat top seed Mercer in the semis and two seed High Point in the final to take the A-Sun tournament and grab the conference's automatic bid to the Big Barbecue.

In their first year as a NCAA Division 1 program, the Spiders beat top seed Mercer in the semis and two seed High Point in the final

In their first year as a NCAA Division 1 program, the Spiders beat top seed Mercer in the semis

the Spiders beat top seed Mercer in the semis

the Spiders beat top seed Mercer

http://replygif.net/i/599.gif