PDA

View Full Version : Duhon to Marshall?

mattman91
04-30-2014, 12:47 PM
From the article...

"The word I’m getting is new Marshall basketball coach Dan D’Antoni is set to hire former NBA guard Chris Duhon as an assistant.

That would certainly be a splashy hire. Duhon, 31, played nine seasons of pro ball with Chicago, New York, Orlando and the Los Angeles Lakers. D’Antoni, of course, was an assistant to his brother Mike at the latter."

At this point, I guess it is still just speculation.

link (http://wvgazette.com/article/20140429/GZ02/140429111)

Hope it happens for him since it seems as if his playing days are over.

jimsumner
05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
From Marshall sports blog.

So, I guess it's sort of official. Interview linked at bottom suggests it becomes official tomorrow.

"Reaching back to his NBA roots, Marshall basketball coach Dan D'Antoni has added former Duke standout Chris Duhon to the Thundering Herd's coaching staff.

Over a nine year NBA career Duhon averaged 25.6 minutes, 6.5 points, and 4.4 rebounds per game with the Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, and Los Angeles Lakers. Duhon played under D'Antoni and his brother, former NBA head coach Mike D'Antoni, in New York and L.A.

A Duke alum, Duhon ended his Blue Devils career as the schools all time leader in steals and minutes played. He is also the second winningest player in program and Atlantic Coast Conference history.

Duhon has never severed as a coach, much less at the college level. His exact title and role with Marshall's coaching staff has not been announced."

I confess I don't know how one would sever as a coach but it sounds painful. But in deference to my West Virginia friends, I'll avoid further comment.

Interview link. http://www.wsaz.com/video?videoid=2833042

Duvall
05-01-2014, 03:48 PM
I confess I don't know how one would sever as a coach but it sounds painful.

Jackie Sherrill had some ideas, but they did sound pretty painful.

miramar
05-01-2014, 06:04 PM
I just hope that this is his last interview in a bar.