PDA

View Full Version : Capel named associate coach; Scheyer assistant coach

wk2109
04-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Looks like it's official now: https://www.dukechronicle.com/articles/2014/04/18/jeff-capel-jon-scheyer-receive-coaching-promotions

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski announced changes to his coaching staff Friday afternoon, promoting Jeff Capel to associate head coach and Jon Scheyer to assistant coach.

MCFinARL
04-18-2014, 05:01 PM
So I guess we can anticipate that they will bring on a new special assistant. It will be interesting to see when that happens and who it is.

GGLC
04-18-2014, 05:07 PM
So I guess we can anticipate that they will bring on a new special assistant. It will be interesting to see when that happens and who it is.

At this time I would like to submit my name for consideration.

CameronBornAndBred
04-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Scheyer is still special; like Nate James, he got a ring as a player. :cool:

Ima Facultiwyfe
04-18-2014, 09:33 PM
I said it before. I'll say it again. Christian.
Love, Ima

CDu
04-18-2014, 09:38 PM
I said it before. I'll say it again. Christian.
Love, Ima

Can't imagine that Laettner would take a "Special Assistant" job. I'd expect it to be a guy like Thornton (younger guy with no prior coaching experience).

I just can't picture a guy with Laettner's age choosing to start at the bottom like that.

grossbus
04-18-2014, 10:45 PM
ESPN reporting Jeff promoted to associate head coach and scheyer to assistant head coach.

miramar
04-19-2014, 12:16 AM
At this time I would like to submit my name for consideration.

But only if Shane is busy.

Matches
04-19-2014, 08:11 AM
Can't imagine that Laettner would take a "Special Assistant" job. I'd expect it to be a guy like Thornton (younger guy with no prior coaching experience).

I just can't picture a guy with Laettner's age choosing to start at the bottom like that.

Agreed. See also: Battier, G Hill, Jay Williams. Not happening.

Thornton seems like an obvious candidate but I'm not sure how soon we can offer him a paid position without it being an NCAA violation? Certainly not while he's still enrolled at Duke. Agreed it'll be someone like him though.