OZZIE4DUKE
09-08-2007, 10:40 PM
ECU beat carolina tonight 34 - 31!

Bob Green
09-08-2007, 10:55 PM
:) Great job ECU :)

Patrick Yates
09-08-2007, 10:57 PM
This is shortsighted, and frankly, not very bright.

Sure UNC is going to be bad this year. Barely better than Duke. But, they have a coach in Butch Davis who will recruit, and will win games. They may be bad today, but in 3 years they will be competing for the ACC title. Does anyone here have real hope that Roof will one day have Duke competing for the ACC.

Do not, repeat, do not mock UNC for today's failures. They will be scary good, scary soon.

Patrick Yates

blazindw
09-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Almost any mockery of UNC's failures, IMO, is entirely appropriate. Great job, ECU! GTHC! 9H 9H

OZZIE4DUKE
09-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Almost any mockery of UNC's failures, IMO, is entirely appropriate. Great job, ECU! GTHC! 9H 9H

blasindw, I do believe you meant to say 9F and not 9H :D

Please go back and edit immediately!

AnimalFriendly
09-09-2007, 12:47 PM
That's a good, and refreshingly mature post. Some of the other regular posters here would do well to emulate you.

tombrady
09-09-2007, 01:52 PM
That's a good, and refreshingly mature post. Some of the other regular posters here would do well to emulate you.

by regular, do you mean people that start 17 threads a day? :)

sandinmyshoes
09-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Maybe one day we will not need another team's losses to act as a surrogate for our team winning. :(

johnb
09-09-2007, 03:17 PM
This is shortsighted, and frankly, not very bright.

Do not, repeat, do not mock UNC for today's failures. They will be scary good, scary soon.

Leaving aside the slim possibility that Carolina will be more "scary good" than, say Miami, Virginia Tech, or Florida State--who we already have to play--I think we should mock their failures every chance we get.

NovaScotian
09-09-2007, 03:49 PM
yea, honestly i dont see what the problem is in pointing out the obvious fact that CAROLINA STINX

sandinmyshoes
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Since ECU played VT tough in Blacksburg, and since UNC was supposed to be one of the lower teams in the conference and play ECU tough in Greenville, I am afraid that what all this means is that the entire ACC is not very good right now.

If a change is made at Duke after the season, the new guy will at least be walking into a weakened conference. Maybe a narrow window of opportunity exists here to get the Duke program turned around before Davis, or TOB at State can get their programs humming?