PDA

View Full Version : SNL travesty

BD80
04-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Saturday Night Live just ran an ad for a video "NCAA Tourney: Best of the White Guys" and NOT A SINGLE CLIP WAS OF A DUKE PLAYER!

They showed white guys hustling, throwing crisp bounce passes, helping teammates up from the floor, checking in at the end of a blow-out, congratulating the player who hit the game winner, and even trying to dance. But no Duke player?

Inconceivable.

Edouble
04-06-2014, 01:27 AM
I really, really hate stuff like that. I mean... what's the point?

Troublemaker
04-06-2014, 06:47 AM
I wish Lorne M would give Marshall some more AT. He has comedic timing that you just can't teach. I love Josh Hairston, and he's good at positioning and blocking on stage. But he's just not a funny sketch actor.

weezie
04-06-2014, 10:42 AM
I guess they save all their Duke attention for Fallon's show. He must have some former holes on his staff.

Jarhead
04-06-2014, 12:01 PM
This thread deserves an very early death. Please!

nyesq83
04-06-2014, 12:35 PM
"Passion Over Talent: The Charges of Tyler Hansbrough"

It was at the end of the fake commercial.

scottdude8
04-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Yes, but Spike Albrecht makes a starring appearance. So I'm satisfied.

MCFinARL
04-06-2014, 01:53 PM
In fairness, if Duke had been in the tournament a bit longer, they might have made the skit. Sigh.....

Edouble
04-06-2014, 02:25 PM
In fairness, if Duke had been in the tournament a bit longer, they might have made the skit. Sigh.....

Really? With 5 black starters and one white guy that played 8 minutes per game? I kind of doubt it.

Did the skit mention that the NPOY is white?

FerryFor50
04-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Really? With 5 black starters and one white guy that played 8 minutes per game? I kind of doubt it.

Did the skit mention that the NPOY is white?

SNL is just turning back the clock to when the "white men can't jump" myth was true.

Not coincidentally, it was also right around the last time SNL was consistently funny...

rthomas
04-06-2014, 06:56 PM
People still watch SNL?

MCFinARL
04-06-2014, 07:37 PM
SNL is just turning back the clock to when the "white men can't jump" myth was true.

Not coincidentally, it was also right around the last time SNL was consistently funny...

Yes. Although I admit I didn't see the original skit, some of the things the OP described--such as congratulating a teammate after a good shot or coming in at the end of a blowout--could certainly have been done by white players at Duke this year--and Marshall's dancing is legendary.

Tom B.
04-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Saturday Night Live just ran an ad for a video "NCAA Tourney: Best of the White Guys" and NOT A SINGLE CLIP WAS OF A DUKE PLAYER!

They showed white guys hustling, throwing crisp bounce passes, helping teammates up from the floor, checking in at the end of a blow-out, congratulating the player who hit the game winner, and even trying to dance. But no Duke player?

Inconceivable.

Well, they did show the kid from Mercer dancing after they beat us. So there's that.