PDA

View Full Version : Dallas

szstark
04-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Anyone else going to Dallas?

Ichabod Drain
04-03-2014, 12:30 PM

Yes... but not until Tuesday... and it's for work.

Henderson
04-03-2014, 06:20 PM

Haven't you heard? The Final Four isn't in Dallas. It's in "North Texas", which apparently means Arlington, though it's not clear from the FF logo. I'd go, but it's too confusing, and I might end up in Amarillo, Waco, Abilene, Dalhart, or Denton. Not that I wouldn't have a good time there watching on TV, but you have to admit "North Texas" is pretty nonspecific and definitely not Dallas.

hurleyfor3
04-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Haven't you heard? The Final Four isn't in Dallas. It's in "North Texas", which apparently means Arlington, though it's not clear from the FF logo. I'd go, but it's too confusing, and I might end up in Amarillo, Waco, Abilene, Dalhart, or Denton. Not that I wouldn't have a good time there watching on TV, but you have to admit "North Texas" is pretty nonspecific and definitely not Dallas.

I'll tell you what annoys me regarding Dallas-area place names. There's a town called Flower Mound, but there is no actual mound of flowers there. I mean, shouldn't there be? When you're bored on a Saturday, shouldn't you be able to say, hey, let's go to the Flower Mound and smell/view/photograph/hang out among all the flowers? And this doesn't bother Dallas people, except for my ex-girlfriend when I kept asking her about it.

I also wonder there there's an actual round rock in Round Rock, but I suspect the answer is no.

Henderson
04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
I'll tell you what annoys me regarding Dallas-area place names. There's a town called Flower Mound, but there is no actual mound of flowers there. I mean, shouldn't there be? When you're bored on a Saturday, shouldn't you be able to say, hey, let's go to the Flower Mound and smell/view/photograph/hang out among all the flowers? And this doesn't bother Dallas people, except for my ex-girlfriend when I kept asking her about it.

I also wonder there there's an actual round rock in Round Rock, but I suspect the answer is no.

Maybe Flower Mound is a nickname and that's why some people don't want to talk about it.

Cameron
04-03-2014, 10:37 PM

I'm holding out for Central Indiana.

Emerrick
04-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I'll be there. Arriving Saturday. Don't forget to pick me up at the airport....:cool:

Dr. Rosenrosen
04-03-2014, 10:40 PM

When you're bored in Flower Mound, I think you go to the Bass Pro Shops. After that, I just don't know.

JPtheGame
04-04-2014, 02:26 AM
When you're bored in Flower Mound, I think you go to the Bass Pro Shops. After that, I just don't know.

Lake Grapevine is nice and the Gaylord Texan is swell.
I work in downtown Dallas and driving around watching Conan Obrien and several other shows set up, i couldnt help but wonder if they were aware that tip off would take place an hour away?

szstark
04-05-2014, 10:39 AM
So I arrive at my hotel in North Texas and which team is staying here - Kentucky. I am completely surrounded. My only defense is to wear Christian Laettner tee shirts. ABC has become ABK.

SoCalDukeFan
04-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I see the Final Four is in North Texas. Can someone describe or map the area? Is this a creation of Jerry Jones?

Thanks
SoCal

duke4ever19
04-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I see the Final Four is in North Texas. Can someone describe or map the area? Is this a creation of Jerry Jones?

Thanks
SoCal

The Final Four is being held midway between Dallas and Fort Worth in an area the locals call Arlington.

FerryFor50
04-05-2014, 10:30 PM

Thanks
SoCal

Start at Mexico on a map. Move your finger up. Stop before you hit Oklahoma. :D

El_Diablo
04-05-2014, 10:35 PM

Thanks
SoCal

Is halfway between "SoCal" and "Irony."

Newton_14
04-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Start at Mexico on a map. Move your finger up. Stop before you hit Oklahoma. :D
Yeah but the thing is, the media has been referring to it as a town/city of sorts vs a locale. We were talking about this at work Friday. It makes no sense at all.

JPtheGame
04-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Yeah but the thing is, the media has been referring to it as a town/city of sorts vs a locale. We were talking about this at work Friday. It makes no sense at all.

The metroplex is 4 cities. Fort worth to the west, Dallas to the East, Denton to the north. Arlington in the middle. Arlington is by far the dirtiest and least appealing of the four. In other words, a perfect choice for the cowboys to call home.

SoCalDukeFan
04-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Is halfway between "SoCal" and "Irony."

but I think most people of a good idea as to the general boundaries of Southern California or SoCal.

Moreover, the Rose Bowl is in Pasadena, the Coliseum is in Los Angeles. Why is ATT Stadium not in Arlington?

Of course, we do have the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim but thats a different story.

SoCal

johnb
04-06-2014, 01:13 PM
The metroplex is 4 cities. Fort worth to the west, Dallas to the East, Denton to the north. Arlington in the middle. Arlington is by far the dirtiest and least appealing of the four. In other words, a perfect choice for the cowboys to call home.

I grew up in Dallas, and I always thought metroplex meant Dallas and a vague cluster of towns that were around Dallas.

And when I was at Duke, I considered the research triangle to be Durham and a vague cluster of towns that were around Durham.

Now I know.