PDA

View Full Version : Could Turner be waiting on Jabari?

Lord Ash
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
I know some people are not hopefully for Myles Turner, but...

He DID say the most important thing is where he fits in, and he has already shown that he has had a good time with some future Dukies... plus, I might be crazy, but I noticed he was the first run to congratulate the Duke guys after the dunk contest... and he comes across as a very bright young man... and he HAS to see how nice it would be to play with Jah, both because Myles would only have to face a single defender and he could easily drift outside to stretch the D...

Any chance he might be waiting for Jabari's decision? He DID say he was waiting until after the Classic, which is after the banquet...

FerryFor50
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
I know some people are not hopefully for Myles Turner, but...

He DID say the most important thing is where he fits in, and he has already shown that he has had a good time with some future Dukies... plus, I might be crazy, but I noticed he was the first run to congratulate the Duke guys after the dunk contest... and he comes across as a very bright young man... and he HAS to see how nice it would be to play with Jah, both because Myles would only have to face a single defender and he could easily drift outside to stretch the D...

Any chance he might be waiting for Jabari's decision? He DID say he was waiting until after the Classic, which is after the banquet...

Perhaps, but everything I've been seeing has him sticking around close to home - KU, Texas or SMU.

Who knows.. we'll find out soon enough, I'm sure.

MCFinARL
04-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Perhaps, but everything I've been seeing has him sticking around close to home - KU, Texas or SMU.

Who knows.. we'll find out soon enough, I'm sure.

I think he is waiting to see who leaves school, since he has said he wants to have a good feel for who he will be playing with when he decides. So Parker's decision could be one he is waiting for--but so could Joel Embiid's.

It's plausible that Duke is still in the mix here, but maybe more as a backup plan, should some other things not work out as he would like, than as a first choice.

Troublemaker
04-03-2014, 11:10 AM
He's waiting for Jabari to announce that he's staying, for Coach K to announce that Jabari will play SF next season, and that Duke could use one more big man, especially if that big man can block shots and shoot from outside, thus complimenting Jahlil perfectly.

dukebluesincebirth
04-03-2014, 11:16 AM
One of the commentators for the McDonalds game last night said Myles told him that his decision would come after the Jordan Classic game which I think is April 18. Sonny Parker said the other day that Jabari's only timeline for a decision was the April 27 early draft entry deadline. I think if Turner is leaning towards Texas or smu, he would've already announced. He's waiting on that April 27 date to see what Embiid and Jabari decide. If he does end up pairing with Okafor or Alexander, that's gonna be a scary front court either way! All 3 looked really impressive last night.

johnb
04-03-2014, 11:20 AM
He's waiting for Jabari to announce that he's staying, for Coach K to announce that Jabari will play SF next season, and that Duke could use one more big man, especially if that big man can block shots and shoot from outside, thus complimenting Jahlil perfectly.

But a front line of Okafor/Turner/Parker/Jefferson/Plumlee? I think I'd get saddened by the frustrated, pouty, pale blue Carolina faces when--despite being top 5 nationally themselves--they'd have to watch repeated Duke stomp downs.

BTW, while I'd still put Turner and Parker below the 50% mark for being in Duke uniforms next year, I haven't read a single, informed piece about where Turner is going. All I've seen is a very thoughtful and well spoken guy say he is taking his time.

UrinalCake
04-03-2014, 11:23 AM
IIRC Turner wants to play the 4, and NOT the 5. So Embiid staying would be a positive for Kansas, whereas Jabari staying would be a negative for Duke (I believe) because there's not enough shots to go around between Turner, Okafor, and Parker; never mind the two guard spots. Who knows what he's actually thinking though... I agree that if Texas or SMU were a done deal then he would have announced already.

sagegrouse
04-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Having waited this long, it would be senseless to not wait another three weeks and a lot more information. I don't think his delay necessarily indicates that Duke would be his preference.

LobstersPinchPinch
04-03-2014, 11:29 AM
There's been some recent movement in his crystal ball, from KU to UT. Jerry Meyer recently switched to UT and sounds very confident in that pick, apparently due to Turner's parents being able to see his games w/o much travel.

Agree with a previous poster than Jabari coming back would eliminate Turner for us, as they'd both be playing the 4.

gumbomoop
04-03-2014, 11:34 AM
He's waiting for Jabari to announce that he's staying, for Coach K to announce that Jabari will play SF next season, and that Duke could use one more big man, especially if that big man can block shots and shoot from outside, thus complementing Jahlil perfectly.

Making trouble, as usual, but this thought has crossed my delusional mind, even if Tm is just joshing.

I'm trying to hold steady at a 25% Jabari-delusion, although swirling rumours might nudge me within a fortnight toward 33.3%. I'll rate the both-Jabari-and-Turner-delusion at 7.14% a figure way high enough to be labeled delusional.

Henderson
04-03-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm trying to hold steady at a 25% Jabari-delusion, although swirling rumours might nudge me within a fortnight toward 33.3%. I'll rate the both-Jabari-and-Turner-delusion at 7.14% a figure way high enough to be labeled delusional.

My delusionometer is barely registering for Jabari+Turner, but it's reading in the 40% for an either/or right now. And if I had to pick, I'd go with Jabari. We could use the experience, though even though they'd both be freshmen, the thought of a front court that includes both Turner and Okafor does make me sit up straighter. And if we get both Jabari back and a LOI from Turner, I won't sleep until October.

Duke95
04-03-2014, 12:27 PM
I would say, there is about a 1% chance Parker is staying, and about a 5% chance Turner is coming to Duke if Parker leaves. If Parker stays, Turner's not coming to Duke.

That said, I would dream of a starting lineup of Parker-Jefferson-Okafor-Suleimon-Tyus Jones.
Off the bench: Winslow-Cook-Plumlee-Allen-Matt Jones-Ojeleye.

Solid team right there. 3 guys who can play the point, shooters, and big muscle.

gam7
04-03-2014, 01:31 PM
IIRC Turner wants to play the 4, and NOT the 5. So Embiid staying would be a positive for Kansas, whereas Jabari staying would be a negative for Duke (I believe) because there's not enough shots to go around between Turner, Okafor, and Parker; never mind the two guard spots. Who knows what he's actually thinking though... I agree that if Texas or SMU were a done deal then he would have announced already.

I remember reading that Bill Self told Turner flat out that if Embiid stays at Kansas, Turner should not go there. Link: http://zagsblog.com/articles/myles-turner-will-use-mcdonalds-game-nike-hoop-summit-to-inform-college-choice/