PDA

View Full Version : Athlon ranks David Cutcliffe as second best coach in the ACC

CameronBornAndBred
04-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Pretty nice bit of recognition for Coach Cut; he is tabbed as the second best coach in the ACC behind FSU's Jimbo Fisher.

Cutcliffe’s career mark with the Blue Devils is only 31-44, but as we mentioned in the introduction, not all coaches can be judged solely on wins and losses.
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-accs-college-football-coaches-2014

OldPhiKap
04-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Nice find. Way to go Cut!

Ima Facultiwyfe
04-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Pretty nice bit of recognition for Coach Cut; he is tabbed as the second best coach in the ACC behind FSU's Jimbo Fisher.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-accs-college-football-coaches-2014

"Second" best? Well, man's reach must exceed his grasp else what's a heaven for? Nothing like dangling a carrot in front of a man like David Cutcliffe, bless his heart.

Love, Ima

Dukehky
04-02-2014, 11:39 PM
I bet Cutcliffe wouldn't have been close to losing that Auburn game if he was FSU's coach... Glad he doesn't want a "bigger" job, because he could get them.

SoCalDukeFan
04-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Does anyone think Jimbo Fisher could have resurrected Duke football the way Coach Cut has?

I can't take anything away from a guy who won the BCS Championship game but I would not trade Cut for Fisher.

SoCal

uh_no
04-03-2014, 12:44 AM
the only think i disliked abuot the article was "duke will be in the hunt for bowl games"

no....bowl games are quickly becoming the expectation....I thinkt he expectation needs to be that duke will consistently be in the hunt for division and conference titles....it's two years straight now that we've been in contention for the division title coming down to the last few weeks of the season...and I fully expect that to be the norm going forward

that said, he's done a heck of a job, and he could never win another game, and i'd be thankful for what he's given us over the past couple years. those saying he's a better coach than jimbo, temper your praise....certainly I don't think that jimbo could do at duke what cut did, but I also don't think cut could do at FSU what jimbo has done....coaching at duke and coaching at FSU take radically different skill sets, and I think each school has a coach very well suited to those needs

jimbo and cut are both really good coaches....and I don't think we need to belittle cut's accomplishments by suggesting that doing what jimbo has done is some how more worthy of the title of greatness.