PDA

View Full Version : Plexiglas Barrier

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Peesonally, I think the time has definitely come for this solution. Safety must be first and foremost.

We cannot delay until someone is hurt. Today is the right day.

Lord Ash
04-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Not this year, DBR. Not this year.

fisheyes
04-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Not this year, DBR. Not this year.

I admit....I got sucked in as I was reading the story...but then I realized what today is. Nice!

dukelifer
04-01-2014, 07:37 AM
I think the only solution is to put really old Duke fans- which I may qualify- in the student section and the kids upstairs. That will eliminate court storming.

camion
04-01-2014, 07:38 AM
I think the only solution is to put really old Duke fans- which I may qualify- in the student section and the kids upstairs. That will eliminate court storming.

I would oppose copying the Dean Dome seating chart.

Tappan Zee Devil
04-01-2014, 07:40 AM
Well done, DBR, Well done.

Let's see if it gets picked up and disseminated.

OldPhiKap
04-01-2014, 07:48 AM
In related news, Sidd Finch is pitching for the Mets today.

77devil
04-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Peesonally, I think the time has definitely come for this solution. Safety must be first and foremost.

We cannot delay until someone is hurt. Today is the right day.

Well done, DBR, Well done.

Let's see if it gets picked up and disseminated.

Julio got it right. It is spelled with one s. Plexiglas is still a registered trademark for the original brand of acrylic plastic invented by my former employer. I recall somewhere in my employment contract it was written that I was obligated to point that out. :p

MCFinARL
04-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Personally, I think a moat between the floor and stands, with crocodiles, would work well and perhaps provide a source of halftime entertainment as well, as the crocs could be fed.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Personally, I think a moat between the floor and stands, with crocodiles, would work well and perhaps provide a source of halftime entertainment as well, as the crocs could be fed.

Can we feed them bleating sheep?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Here's a slightly different take on this momentous day: http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/2014/04/nba-strikes-deal-with-lds-church-for-jabari-parker/

MCFinARL
04-01-2014, 08:57 AM

Yes--and perhaps a particular ram....

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes--and perhaps a particular ram....

Any ram will do.

MCFinARL
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Any ram will do.

As long as he is wearing Carolina Blue.

Henderson
04-01-2014, 09:30 AM
I don't know why people think this is a joke. It's not just about court-storming. Do you know how many people are killed every year by errant passes that result in a lethal orb of leather smashing the skull of a court-side fan? I'm not sure what the number is exactly, but it's huge. And let's not even talk about all the players' eyes that are put out every season by pointing fingers. There are a lot of players with only one eye, and very few people know it. But you can donate an eye online if you care: www.eyeforhoops.com

If you care.

CameronBornAndBred
04-01-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't know why people think this is a joke. It's not just about court-storming. Do you know how many people are killed every year by errant passes that result in a lethal orb of leather smashing the skull of a court-side fan? I'm not sure what the number is exactly, but it's huge. And let's not even talk about all the players' eyes that are put out every season by pointing fingers. There are a lot of players with only one eye, and very few people know it. But you can donate an eye online if you care: www.eyeforhoops.com (http://www.eyeforhoops.com)

If you care.
Dickie V would champion that cause, that's how he became a cyclops.

Henderson
04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Dickie V would champion that cause, that's how he became a cyclops.

If only someone had gone to the website for him. www.eyeforhoops.com

It's a little busy right now because of the interest, but keep trying.

If you care.

DukieInKansas
04-01-2014, 10:13 AM

Good idea!

An improvement for a good idea!

DBR - you almost got me. After reading the article, I thought our AD was right and hoped he could get other schools to buy into the non-court storming behavior of Cameron. I hoped he would prevail. I went to ABC News and read about the various businesses posting April Fool's announcements and realized I had already read one. :-D

DukieInKansas
04-01-2014, 10:18 AM
In related news, Sidd Finch is pitching for the Mets today.

I love it when he pitches. Isn't his personal pitching coach Lirpa Loof?

Skitzle
04-01-2014, 10:31 AM
After researching his impending retirement, I read the R's as T's.

Plexigas Battier (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4Fcc_wKV-pwJ:www.ebay.com/itm/Shane-Battier-2003-04-UD-Glass-PlexiGlass-Plexi-28-Memphis-Grizzlies-/400658494055+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=tr)

Fish80
04-01-2014, 11:22 AM
The competing alternative to the one "s" plexiglas is a human variant of the invisible fence used for dog containment.

Duke scientists are experimenting now with an electric shock collar for fans. Initially, the idea was to prevent court storming. Quickly, the eggheads expanded their scope to include crowd control. Latest developments include random shocking of any fan wearing the wrong color blue. And in a perverse twist, refs will also wear collars that the crowd can shock by majority vote.

Expect the collars to debut for the exhibition games this fall.

Nate James will have a remote to administer shocks as he wishes.

Please note, no animals were hammered. Except for the aformentioned ram, fed to the crocs.