PDA

View Full Version : State lewzes Lewis

BD80
03-29-2014, 10:04 PM
PG Tyler Lewis, who started at the end of the year for the Wolfpack, will transfer:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24506881/nc-state-point-guard-tyler-lewis-decides-to-transfer

Newton_14
03-29-2014, 10:27 PM
PG Tyler Lewis, who started at the end of the year for the Wolfpack, will transfer:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24506881/nc-state-point-guard-tyler-lewis-decides-to-transfer

Just saw this on WRAL. Makes no sense to me at all. He had a good year and was their starter the last 14 games or so, and got plenty of minutes. I don't get it. Would really love to know what led him to do this.

Furniture
03-29-2014, 10:51 PM
On the face of it it's strange. Local lad from Forsyth county.

moonpie23
03-29-2014, 10:54 PM
this seems odd…….he played well. got minutes…….

devildeac
03-29-2014, 10:58 PM
Just saw this on WRAL. Makes no sense to me at all. He had a good year and was their starter the last 14 games or so, and got plenty of minutes. I don't get it. Would really love to know what led him to do this.

Gottfried probably kept him up past his bed time.

UrinalCake
03-29-2014, 11:34 PM
That's a shame, State has been decimated by early entries and transfers the last couple years. Can you imagine their roster if they'd kept everyone? Lewis played really well in the tourney. Can't imagine what would lead him to transfer unless it's an off-the-court issue.

tbyers11
03-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Gottfried probably kept him up past his bed time.

Maybe Lewis misinterpreted Gottfried keeping him up past his bedtime as an insult about his deceased grandmother. ;)

brevity
03-29-2014, 11:59 PM

I heard somewhere that he wrote a 26-page paper on Rosa Parks and only got a B-plus.

Furniture
03-30-2014, 12:02 AM
I heard somewhere that he wrote a 26-page paper on Rosa Parks and only got a B-plus.

I don't get it....

brevity
03-30-2014, 12:21 AM

I don't get it....

I'm referring to our HBO Real Sports (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?33554-HBO-Real-Sports-on-UNC-athletic-scandal&p=721055#post721055) thread, where an screenshot image was posted of a UNC player's report on Rosa Parks that was a quarter page long and apparently plagiarized. He got an A-minus.

JNort
03-30-2014, 03:45 AM
Lewis was recruited by Sid Lowe and apparently wanted to teansfer last year but decided to give it another year.

Bob Green
03-30-2014, 06:08 AM

This caught me completely by surprise. I was unaware Lewis was unhappy at State. Based upon his playing time and performance in the tourney, I believe his decision is probably due to team chemistry issues or disagreements with the coaching staff.

lotusland
03-30-2014, 06:38 AM
It may just be PT. Without Warren's scoring the pack is going to need Barber to play more MPG and score. Barber looks like a potential NBA PG and his role is going to increase. College will be the end of Lewis's hoops career - maybe he just wants to be more than a role player.

arnie
03-30-2014, 07:36 AM
This caught me completely by surprise. I was unaware Lewis was unhappy at State. Based upon his playing time and performance in the tourney, I believe his decision is probably due to team chemistry issues or disagreements with the coaching staff.

I think state players have major issues with Gott. Way too many transfers of players that had significant PT. Of course he's a strong recruiter, so he might be able to maintain Sendek- level success.

tommy
04-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Lewis to Butler. Can't link now, but some bitter words towards Gott on the way out. Good luck Tyler.

brevity
04-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Lewis to Butler. Can't link now, but some bitter words towards Gott on the way out. Good luck Tyler.

Link (http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/butler/2014/04/04/mcdonalds-american-tyler-lewis-transfers-butler/7324595/).

Wojo is a total trendsetter. I must say that I like his ACC Outreach Program to Make the Big East a Better Place One Person at a Time. I think the name is kind of wordy, but at least it's not as long as the Tyler Hansbrough Center For Tarheels Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Olympic Fan
04-04-2014, 11:58 PM
I think state players have major issues with Gott. Way too many transfers of players that had significant PT. Of course he's a strong recruiter, so he might be able to maintain Sendek- level success.

Well, let's see ... it took Sendek six years at State to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time. He's been twice in eight years at Arizona State.

Gottfried, who took over a program after a five-year NCAA drought, has been to three NCAA Tournaments in three years. He's won more games in his first three seasons at State (70) any three-year stretch at State since David Thompson was there in the mid-1970s. Herb's best three-year total was 64 ... even Jimmy V's best three-year total was 67 wins.

He might not be Coach K or even Roy, but I think Got is a heck of a lot better than Sendek ever was.

PS JNort ... are you sure Lewis was recruited by Lowe? He was in the spring of his junior year in high school when Got replaced Lowe in the spring of 2011. He signed with Got in the fall of 2011. He played as a freshman for Got in 2012-13 and as a soph last year in 2013-14. Lowe may have started recruited Lewis a long time ago, but he was a Gottfried recruit ... he certainly signed with State knowing who his coach was going to be.

arnie
04-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Well, let's see ... it took Sendek six years at State to make the NCAA Tournament for the first time. He's been twice in eight years at Arizona State.

Gottfried, who took over a program after a five-year NCAA drought, has been to three NCAA Tournaments in three years. He's won more games in his first three seasons at State (70) any three-year stretch at State since David Thompson was there in the mid-1970s. Herb's best three-year total was 64 ... even Jimmy V's best three-year total was 67 wins.

He might not be Coach K or even Roy, but I think Got is a heck of a lot better than Sendek ever was.

Except that Sendek followed Les Robinson who did not leave the program with many ACC caliber players. I'm not a big Sendek fan, but they did make the tourney 5 years in a row. I simply don't trust that Got can mold his players into a successful unit year after year. We shall see.

Dr. Rosenrosen
04-05-2014, 08:52 AM
What did he say about Gott? I don't see anything negative in any of the published statements.

Olympic Fan
04-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Except that Sendek followed Les Robinson who did not leave the program with many ACC caliber players. I'm not a big Sendek fan, but they did make the tourney 5 years in a row. I simply don't trust that Got can mold his players into a successful unit year after year. We shall see.

And after 10 years at the helm, he NEVER won more than 64 games in a three-year span ... Gott, in his first three years, is six games better.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Gottfried, but he should never be compared with a mediocrity such as Sendak.