PDA

View Full Version : READ THIS before voting in Greatest Sports Movie Polls!!!

JasonEvans
09-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Ok, we have 104 films up for the title of Greatest Sports Movie. Some are films that are only about fringe sports (like a few about poker and pool) but I figured I'd go for inclusive rather than exclusive and will let the voting public determine which films move on and which get eliminated.

There are going to be 9 sets of polls in the first round. Each poll will have 11 or 12 movies in it and YOU CAN VOTE FOR AS MANY MOVIES AS YOU WANT!! Just vote for any movie that you think deserves to move on to the next round. I will take the top 4 vote getters from each round, meaning 7-8 films will be elminated with each poll. I have sorted the movies randomly so there may be some rounds where really only 1 or 2 movies are worth voting for and there will be others where there are 5 or 6 that seems like good movies. It will be tough. The top 4 films (by total votes) that do not make it into the top 4 in their poll will move on as "wild cards." I am confident that this system will quickly get us down to a more manageable number of films (40) in the 2nd round until we get to the final 12 which will compete for top honors in our poll.

I'll post a new poll every couple days. Happy voting!!

--Jason "any questions?" Evans

JasonEvans
09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
By the way, here are the groupings. I am sure folks will complain but I did this randomly and if you cannot make the top 4 (plus wild cards) in a poll then you were not going to win it all anyway.

Group 1-

Miracle
The Cutting Edge
The Color of Money
One on One
The Longest Yard
Semi-Tough
Major League
The Champ
Happy Gilmore
Blades of Glory
Johnny B Goode
The Natural

Group 2-

Mystery, Alaska
The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
Rudy
The Best of Times
Raging Bull
The Greatest Game Ever Played
Chariots of Fire
Bend it Like Beckham
Dodgeball
Teen Wolf
Remember The Titans
Phar Lap

Group 3-

Pride of the Yankees
The Greatest
Seabiscuit
Personal Best
Victory
Maverick
White Men Can't Jump
We Are Marshall
The Rookie
Requiem for a Heavyweight
Nacho Libre
Hoosiers

Group 4-

Prefontain
Wimbledon
The Cincinnati Kid
The Air Up There
Bad News Bears
The Stratton Story
Ali
National Velvet
Days of Thunder
Vision Quest
Angels in the Outfield
Cinderella Man

Group 5-

Hoops Dreams
Invincible
Bang The Drum Slowly
Little Big League
Diggstown
Hidalgo
Heart Like a Wheel
The Sandlot
Space Jam
Everybody's All-American
Bingo Long's Travelling All-Stars
American Flyers

Group 6-

The Hurricane
Racing Stripes
Cars
It Happens Every Spring
Through the Fire
Radio
Bull Durham
Mr. Baseball
Million Dollar Baby
The Black Stallion
Talladega Nights

Group 7-

The Babe
Any Given Sunday
All The Right Moves
Knute Rockne All-American
Don't Look Back: The Satchel Paige Story
Rocky I
Slapshot
Cool Runnings
Field of Dreams
The Replacements

Group 8-

Brian's Song
The Waterboy
Eight Men Out
Rocky II
Caddyshack
The Mighty Ducks
Breaking Away
Rounders
Glory Road
North Dallas 40
The Legend of Bagger Vance

Group 9-

Rocky III
Tin Cup
Youngblood
Ice Castles
The Hustler
Coach Carter
Friday Night Lights
The Program
A League of Their Own
Rocky Balboa
Kingpin

--Jason "which is the Group of Death? I think it is Group 3" Evans

dukemomLA
09-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Sorry for my original post. I did read your 'rules.' But the first set of choices seemed to be without ANY that I would consider "The GREATEST SPORTS MOVIE EVER." I look forward to the next polls with anticipation.

GREAT THREAD. Thanks! Much fun.

JasonEvans
09-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry for my original post. I did read your 'rules.' But the first set of choices seemed to be without ANY that I would consider "The GREATEST SPORTS MOVIE EVER." I look forward to the next polls with anticipation.

GREAT THREAD. Thanks! Much fun.

No sweat. you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I think The Natural is a lock to move very deep in this competition and am surprised you think it unworthy. But I agree that the rest are not exactly show-stoppers. Still, you have to get through the early rounds to identify the elite.

Also, someone suggested a sticky on this thread so the polls will not be confusing. I will do that now.

--Jason "I have the power to stick a thread... but with great power comes great responsiblity" Evans

OZZIE4DUKE
09-09-2007, 09:56 AM
But the first set of choices seemed to be without ANY that I would consider "The GREATEST SPORTS MOVIE EVER."

Maybe not a great movie, but Semi-Tough has one of the great lines of all time, one that I have used in posts here many times, and one all sports fans should remember - "What could have been, was." This alone makes it worthy of moving to the next round.

A-Tex Devil
09-10-2007, 12:43 AM
What, no Beerfest? I call shenanigans. They wore track suits and everything!

I'm so disappointed

JBDuke
09-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Jason,

If you can still add films to the list, you may want to consider "Love and Basketball", starring Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps. I think it has enough emphasis on basketball and enough on-court action to qualify as a sports movie, although it does have a second genre (romance). If you haven't seen it, it's pretty good. The basketball is pretty real - you see a young woman struggling to play the game she loves as long as she can and a young man with real talent struggling to fit that talent into what he wants to do with his life.

Another one you may want to consider is the OTHER movie about Steve Prefontaine - "Without Limits". It may actually be the better of the two.

Yet another - "Dead Solid Perfect" - a pretty good golf movie starring Randy Quaid. Maybe my favorite golf movie, although I haven't seen "The Greatest Game..." yet.

And yet another - "Downhill Racer" - the skiing movie with Robert Redford and Gene Hackman.

And yet even another - "Le Mans" - Steve McQueen's homage to racing, and perhaps the best car racing movie ever. (Certainly a LOT better than "Days of Thunder", which is on the list.)

That's all that come to mind right now. I'll post again if I come up with more.

TheGodfather
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Bobby Hurley's Academy worthy performance as a point guard for Bobby Knight should have been enough to get Blue Chips a nod on a DBR board.

Indoor66
09-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Jason,

If you can still add films to the list, you may want to consider "Love and Basketball", starring Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps. I think it has enough emphasis on basketball and enough on-court action to qualify as a sports movie, although it does have a second genre (romance). If you haven't seen it, it's pretty good. The basketball is pretty real - you see a young woman struggling to play the game she loves as long as she can and a young man with real talent struggling to fit that talent into what he wants to do with his life.

Another one you may want to consider is the OTHER movie about Steve Prefontaine - "Without Limits". It may actually be the better of the two.

Yet another - "Dead Solid Perfect" - a pretty good golf movie starring Randy Quaid. Maybe my favorite golf movie, although I haven't seen "The Greatest Game..." yet.

And yet another - "Downhill Racer" - the skiing movie with Robert Redford and Gene Hackman.

And yet even another - "Le Mans" - Steve McQueen's homage to racing, and perhaps the best car racing movie ever. (Certainly a LOT better than "Days of Thunder", which is on the list.)

That's all that come to mind right now. I'll post again if I come up with more.

I agree with your points above. Also, I have seen "The Greatest Game Ever Played" (Francis Ouimet becoming the first US winner of the US Open) and it is one of the best sports movies I have ever seen. I keep it on my DVR to review periodically.

JasonEvans
09-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Bobby Hurley's Academy worthy performance as a point guard for Bobby Knight should have been enough to get Blue Chips a nod on a DBR board.

Hurley or no Hurley, that movie sucks... a lot!

-Jason

JasonEvans
09-11-2007, 05:45 PM
After elimination poll #1, the following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
The Longest Yard (the original)

The following films are the 4 leading vote-getters in the race for the wild card:

The Color of Money - 17
Happy Gilmore - 10
Semi-Tough - 6
The Champ - 6

--Jason

_Gary
09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Jason, great idea and wonderful poll. But you've left off two really big sports films that somehow need to be added:

1) The Pistol (Pete Maravich story)

2) Facing the Giants (great film that's only a year or two old)

Gary

mkirsh
09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
One glaring omission: the Karate Kid. If you are going to count Teen Wolf and Nacho Libre as sports movies, Larusso needs some love as well.

As a side note, I actually caught some of Blue Chips this morning on HBO, and agree that it is really, really, really horrible. When Shaq steals each scene, that is saying something. What I don't understand at all is why they put Bobby Hurley on Indiana? Fake IU has Knight and Cal Cheney, so were trying to keep it somewhat realistic, but then to add a recognizable player like Hurley to a team that the target audience knows he didn't play for sticks out. You don't think Damon Bailey was available? I know they used a ton of other former college players to fill out the random rosters (Rick Fox, George Lynch, Keith Smart, Rex Chapman, etc) but don't know why they put Hurley on IU and called so much attention to him vs either not mentioning his name or calling the team 'Eastern U' or something has me confused. </rant>

JasonEvans
09-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Ok, I am adding a few of the suggestions here to the polls.

Group 6-

The Hurricane
Racing Stripes
Cars
It Happens Every Spring
Through the Fire
Radio
Bull Durham
Mr. Baseball
Million Dollar Baby
The Black Stallion
Talladega Nights
The Karate Kid (newly added)

Group 7-

The Babe
Any Given Sunday
All The Right Moves
Knute Rockne All-American
Don't Look Back: The Satchel Paige Story
Rocky I
Slapshot
Cool Runnings
Field of Dreams
The Replacements
Downhill Racer (newly added)

Group 8-

Brian's Song
The Waterboy
Eight Men Out
Rocky II
Caddyshack
The Mighty Ducks
Breaking Away
Rounders
Glory Road
North Dallas 40
The Pistol (newly added)

TheGodfather
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
There is NO "or no Bobby Hurley", it had Bobby Hurley!......(storming off in huff mumbling) kids and their bugs bunny/muggsy bogues movies....Hurley was the greatest PG of all time........ (stops and shouts back) I love Bobby Hurley!....(continues walking away mumbling) Nacho Libre...Angels in the Outfield....try to tell me Blue Chips isn't any better, I don't even know you people anymore.....(before slamming the door and leaving the thread) Bobby Hurley and sucks should never be in the same sentence!

I love Wings too! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKoGlL-lE7s)

JBDuke
09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
After elimination poll #1, the following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle

The following films are the 4 leading vote-getters in the race for the wild card:

The Color of Money - 17
Happy Gilmore - 10
Semi-Tough - 6
The Champ - 6

--Jason

A total crime that "Major League" moves on while "The Color of Money" does not. Wow.

Jim3k
09-12-2007, 10:24 PM
First, I came to this thread late, so I'm going to stay out.

However, although it's on the list, I am disappointed that 'Pride of the Yankees' is so old that it's no longer known. Perhaps a bit dated now, but still a classic.

And, I'm with JBDuke that 'Downhill Racer' deserved to be on the list. Aside from Redford and Hackman it had Camilla Sparv! (It even had Dabney Coleman). But Camilla Sparv! Wow.

Great, if ultimately unintelligible, line: "How fast must a man go to get from where he's at?"

JasonEvans
09-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Poll #2 is now closed. The following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans

After 2 or 9 elimination polls, the following films are now the 4 leading vote-getters in the race for the wild card:

The Color of Money - 17
Bend it like Beckham - 12
Happy Gilmore - 10
Dodgeball - 9

--Jason "Group of Death, up next!" Evans

JasonEvans
09-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Through 3 of 9 polls, the following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees

After 3 of 9 elimination polls, the following films are now the 4 leading vote-getters in the race for the wild card:

The Color of Money - 17
The Rookie - 11
Happy Gilmore - 10

JasonEvans
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Through 3 of 9 polls, the following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees

After 3 of 9 elimination polls, the following films are now the 4 leading vote-getters in the race for the wild card:

The Color of Money - 17
The Rookie - 11
Happy Gilmore - 10

And we add 4 more to the list of those to qualify for the next round.

Through 4 of 9 polls, the following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees
Bad News Bears (Original)
Cinderella Man
Days of Thunder
National Velvet

And the new leading wild card contenders are:

The Color of Money - 17
Ali - 13
The Rookie - 11

--Jason "Happy Gilmore has been knocked out of the wild card race... oh the humanity!!" Evans

JasonEvans
09-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Through 5 of 9 polls, the following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees
Cinderella Man
Days of Thunder
National Velvet
Hoop Dreams
Bang the Drum Slowly
The Sandlot
Invincible

THe wild card contenders stay the same:

The Color of Money - 17
Ali - 13
The Rookie - 11

--Jason "Group 6 is stronger than group 5" Evans

gus
09-21-2007, 08:48 AM
You have "one on one" but not Benson's "Running Brave"?

JasonEvans
09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Through 6 of 9 polls, the following films have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees
Cinderella Man
Days of Thunder
National Velvet
Hoop Dreams
Bang the Drum Slowly
The Sandlot
Invincible
Bull Durham
The Karate Kid
Million Dollar Baby
Talladega Nights

THe wild card contenders stay the same:

The Color of Money - 17
Ali - 13
The Rookie - 11

--Jason "Group 7 up next, and it will be interesting" Evans

JasonEvans
09-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Group 9-

Rocky III
Tin Cup
Youngblood
Ice Castles
The Hustler
Coach Carter
Friday Night Lights
The Program
A League of Their Own
Rocky Balboa
Kingpin

I've got room for one more film in Group 9. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

--Jason "one of the late adds, Karate Kid, has moved on so it is not like my intial list of 100+ films was perfect!" Evans

micah75
09-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm surprised there aren't more martial arts films other than Karate Kid. Bruce Lee had a couple of hits with Enter the Dragon and Fists of Fury. Not yet sure I would vote for either of them in the next poll, but probably would have in one of the weaker ones.

Another possibility is Jerry MaGuire.

I'm not pushing any of these, as I know they won't win. But I would rate them as better than some of the others I've seen on the lists.

riverside6
09-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I've got room for one more film in Group 9. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

--Jason "one of the late adds, Karate Kid, has moved on so it is not like my intial list of 100+ films was perfect!" Evans
Rad (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091817/)

BMX is a sport right?

JBDuke
09-23-2007, 11:48 PM

Some suggestions:

1. Steve McQueen's "Le Mans". You're a little low on car racing films, and this is probably the best one out there. Only problem is that it's not likely to move on, as I doubt most folks have seen it.

2. "The World's Fastest Indian". About Burt Munro, the eccentric Kiwi motorcycle racer who built a land speed record breaker out of the core of a bike almost 50 years old. He still holds the land speed record for motorcycles under 1000 cc's that he set 38 years ago. Anthony Hopkins gives yet another excellent performance.

3. "The Endless Summer". The quintessential surfer flick.

4. "Somebody Up There Likes Me". Very good boxing flick and a forgotten gem of Paul Newman's early career.

5. "Dead Solid Perfect". Randy Quaid as a golfer trying to make it on the tour. HBO film that was, IMO, much better than "Tin Cup", and catches the margins of the Tour very well.

6. "Pat and Mike". Sure, it's more of a Hepburn-Tracy romance, but come on - it's Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn! Plus, it's about a woman athlete, and you don't have too many of those on the list.

riverside6
09-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Some suggestions:

1. Steve McQueen's "Le Mans". You're a little low on car racing films, and this is probably the best one out there. Only problem is that it's not likely to move on, as I doubt most folks have seen it.

2. "The World's Fastest Indian". About Burt Munro, the eccentric Kiwi motorcycle racer who built a land speed record breaker out of the core of a bike almost 50 years old. He still holds the land speed record for motorcycles under 1000 cc's that he set 38 years ago. Anthony Hopkins gives yet another excellent performance.

3. "The Endless Summer". The quintessential surfer flick.

4. "Somebody Up There Likes Me". Very good boxing flick and a forgotten gem of Paul Newman's early career.

5. "Dead Solid Perfect". Randy Quaid as a golfer trying to make it on the tour. HBO film that was, IMO, much better than "Tin Cup", and catches the margins of the Tour very well.

6. "Pat and Mike". Sure, it's more of a Hepburn-Tracy romance, but come on - it's Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn! Plus, it's about a woman athlete, and you don't have too many of those on the list.
I had forgotten about The Endless Summer, that is such a great movie. The updated version, Endless Summer 2, was pretty good also.

JasonEvans
09-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Damn, Endless Summer and Enter the Dragon certainly deserve consideration. Grrrrr. Maybe I will drop one of the real drecks from one of the final 2 polls to add both of those. They are both worthy.

--Jason "Speaking of surfer movies, do I include Point Break ;)" Evans

JasonEvans
09-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Only two more polls to go in the elimination round!!!

Through 7 of 9 polls, here are the films that have qualified:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees
Cinderella Man
Days of Thunder
National Velvet
Hoop Dreams
Bang the Drum Slowly
The Sandlot
Invincible
Bull Durham
The Karate Kid
Million Dollar Baby
Talladega Nights
Field of Dreams
Rocky I
Slapshot

Despite a close run by All The Right Moves, the wild card contenders stay the same:

The Color of Money - 17
Ali - 13
The Rookie - 11

--Jason "poll #8... coming up!" Evans

JasonEvans
09-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Group 8-

Brian's Song
The Waterboy
Eight Men Out
Rocky II
Caddyshack
The Mighty Ducks
Breaking Away
Rounders
Glory Road
North Dallas 40
The Pistol (newly added)

Ok, I am dropping Legend of Bagger Vance, a mediocre film at best and one not likely to get many votes, and adding Endless Summer to this list. Endless Summer will almost certainly not get enough votes to move on, but is a far, far superior film to Bagger Vance.

--Jason "anyone jiggy with that?" Evans

JasonEvans
09-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Through 8 of 9 polls, here are the films that have qualified:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees
Cinderella Man
Days of Thunder
National Velvet
Hoop Dreams
Bang the Drum Slowly
The Sandlot
Invincible
Bull Durham
The Karate Kid
Million Dollar Baby
Talladega Nights
Field of Dreams
Rocky I
Slapshot
Caddyshack
Brian's Song
Breaking Away
Eight Men Out

The Wild Cards have been thrown for a massive shuffle. Here are the four top vote-getters now:

The Color of Money - 17
Rocky II- 14
Rounders- 13
Ali - 13

--Jason "the final poll of the first round... in moments" Evans

JasonEvans
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM
All 9 of the first/elimination round polls are done, here are the films that have qualified for the semi-finals:

The Natural
Major League
Miracle
Raging Bull
Rudy
Chariots of Fire
Remember the Titans
Hoosiers
Seabiscuit
White Men Can't Jump
Pride of the Yankees
Cinderella Man
Days of Thunder
National Velvet
Hoop Dreams
Bang the Drum Slowly
The Sandlot
Invincible
Bull Durham
The Karate Kid
Million Dollar Baby
Talladega Nights
Field of Dreams
Rocky I
Slapshot
Caddyshack
Brian's Song
Breaking Away
Eight Men Out
A League of Their Own
The Hustler
Friday Night Lights
Tin Cup

And here are the wild card qualifiers (a tie gives us 5 wild cards, not 4):

The Color of Money - 17
Enter the Dragon - 17
Rocky II- 14
Rounders- 13
Ali - 13

--Jason "kinda busy this afternoon, but when I get a chance, I'll explain how the semi-finals will work" Evans

JBDuke
09-27-2007, 06:00 PM
--Jason "Speaking of surfer movies, do I include Point Break ;)" Evans

If you do, I will cite you for "Inappropriate Content". ;)

JasonEvans
09-28-2007, 09:46 AM
OK, here is how the next round will go. All the films that qualified have been sorted into 4 groups based upon how they finished in the first round polls. We will again have a multiple-choice vote where you can vote for as many as you want, but obviously the choices are going to be a lot harder.

The top 2 in each poll plus the top 3 other vote getters (wild cards) will advance to the finals where we will have one poll with one vote for the top sports film of all time!!

Here are the groups for the semi-finals.

Group 1

The Longest Yard (original)
Chariots of Fire
Seabiscuit
Bad News Bears (original)
Invincible
Field of Dreams
Rocky I
Brian's Song
The Hustler
Ali

Group 2

Miracle
Rudy
Hoosiers
National Velvet
The Karate Kid
The Sandlot
Million Dollar Baby
A League of Their Own
The Color of Money
Rounders

Group 3

Major League
Raging Bull
Pride of the Yankees
Days of Thunder
Bang The Drum Slowly
Bull Durham
Caddyshack
Eight Men Out
Tin Cup
Rocky II

Group 4

The Natural
Remember the Titans
White Men Can't Jump
Cinderella Man
Hoop Dreams
Talladega Nights
Slapshot
Breaking Away
Friday Night Lights
Enter the Dragon

--Jason "wow, this is gonna be brutal!! Group 2 is a nightmare!" Evans

JasonEvans
09-30-2007, 12:12 PM
...And we have our first finalists!!!

Congrats to Field of Dreams and Rocky I for advancing to the final poll.

Here is where the race for the wild card stands after 1 of 4 polls:

Bad News Bears (Original) - 25
Chariots of Fire - 24
Brian's Song - 14

I don't think Brian's Song will hold on with 3 more polls to go and a ton of great movies still to get votes. Bad News Bears has a pretty decent shot, but who knows how all of you will vote!!

Next poll coming in minutes.

--Jason "we just said goodbye to some amazing films like The Hustler and The Longest Yard" Evans

JasonEvans
10-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Semi-final #2 is done!

Here are the finalists so far:

Field of Dreams
Rocky I
Hoosiers
A League of Their Own

Here is where the race for the wild card stands after 2 of 4 polls:

Rudy - 28
Chariots of Fire - 24

--Jason "Poll #3 coming soon!" Evans

JasonEvans
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
And it only took one day to get through Semi-Final #3. We add 2 more finalists:

Field of Dreams
Rocky I
Hoosiers
A League of Their Own
Bull Durham
Caddyshack

The race for the wild card remains the same. Raging Bull could not crack the top 3.

Rudy - 28
Chariots of Fire - 24

--Jason "Poll #4, our final semi-final poll... in moments!" Evans

JasonEvans
10-04-2007, 10:20 AM
After more than a dozen polls and a competition that featured more than 100 nominees, we have our finalists!!

Here are the films that will face off in one final vote for the BEST SPORTS MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!

Field of Dreams
Rocky I
Hoosiers
A League of Their Own
Bull Durham
Caddyshack
The Natural
Hoop Dreams
Rudy
Chariots of Fire

There will be one final poll. It will not be multiple choice.

-Jason " 11 films enter, one film leaves" Evans