PDA

View Full Version : Just when the day couldn't get any worse...

FerryFor50
03-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Tar Heels luck their way out of an upset despite Bryce Cotton almost pulling a Harold Arceneaux.

McAdoo HITS A FT to put them ahead, then bricks one so hard he was able to get his own board.

_Gary
03-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Good Gosh. What a joke.

Dukehky
03-21-2014, 09:38 PM
2 UNC bounces in a row to win the game. Gotta hand it to Paige though, he single handedly won UNC a game again. Good for him, bad for us.

FerryFor50
03-21-2014, 09:39 PM
2 UNC bounces in a row to win the game. Gotta hand it to Paige though, he single handedly won UNC a game again. Good for him, bad for us.

Tyler Harris (former NCSU player) also helped UNC by inexplicably trying to take UNC 1 on 3 and getting his shot blocked late when Providence was seemingly in control. That led to the eventual Paige three to tie it. Rest is history.

gofurman
03-21-2014, 09:41 PM
I would say worst day ever but UNC isn't looking strong. Hope they get Iowa State and lose. Go Iowa State

FerryFor50
03-21-2014, 09:41 PM
I would say worst day ever but UNC isn't looking strong. Hope they get Iowa State and lose. Go Iowa State

With our luck, NCCU takes out Iowa State and UNC gets a cakewalk to next weekend.

Dukehky
03-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Prediction: Cook vastly outplays Paige all year next year, but as a dynamic 2 guard, much like Russ Smith, perhaps not as dynamic or as good defensively.

Basis-little, just trying to provide some optimism.

Damn it I miss Duke basketball already. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

Screw the Great Depression, 3/21/14 will be known as Black Friday to me.

Wheat/"/"/"
03-21-2014, 09:44 PM
That was a great individual effort from Cotton. Kid's a baller.

UNC barely able to survive some of the mental mistakes they've been making all year, but strong inside play and Paige was just barely enough.

Survive and advance...a wise man once said.

I was unable to watch the Duke/Mercer game and could only find highlights. Anybody know if it here is a replay anywhere?

FerryFor50
03-21-2014, 09:46 PM

UNC barely able to survive some of the mental mistakes they've been making all year, but strong inside play and Paige was just barely enough.

I was unable to watch the Duke/Mercer game and could only find highlights. Anybody know if it here is a replay anywhere?

No need. ESPN and CBS keep replaying the highlights, much to my chagrin.

NashvilleDevil
03-21-2014, 09:48 PM

I'm pretty sure CBS Sports president Sean McManus, Duke grad, has destroyed all evidence of the game.

brevity
03-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Any Duke Divinity School students or grads on this board? I'm having a crisis of faith. I just don't understand a Creator that would allow Providence to lose.

Chapel Hell? 79-77? What does it all mean?

_Gary
03-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Any Duke Divinity School students or grads on this board? I'm having a crisis of faith. I just don't understand a Creator that would allow Providence to lose.

Chapel Hell? 79-77? What does it all mean?

This is disgusting. Guess I need to go find a theater playing "God's not Dead" just to get over this day. :p

#1Duke
03-21-2014, 11:37 PM
Anyone else catch the classy UNC fan and his T-Shirt?

duke96
03-21-2014, 11:44 PM
Anyone else catch the classy UNC fan and his T-Shirt?

I'll bite. Details?

weezie
03-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Anyone else catch the classy UNC fan

The what?

#1Duke
03-21-2014, 11:51 PM
I'll bite. Details?

Please google "UNC fan F Duke T-Shirt". I don't want to post something with inappropriate language. Guy had guts but no class.

weezie
03-21-2014, 11:56 PM
Guy had ... no class.

That's what I thought you meant.

#1Duke
03-21-2014, 11:58 PM
That's what I thought you meant.

Yes, your sarcasm meter needs recalibration.

duke96
03-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Hmm, his neck looked a little red.

Henderson
03-22-2014, 12:09 AM
To paraphrase Commander Cody:

"Well my dog died just yesterday and left me all alone.
The finance company dropped by today and repossessed my home.
But that's just a drop in the bucket, gal, compared to losing to MU.
And I'm down to seeds and stems again too."

And baseball.

duke96
03-22-2014, 12:11 AM
To paraphrase Commander Cody:

"Well my dog died just yesterday and left me all alone.
The finance company dropped by today and repossessed my home.
But that's just a drop in the bucket, gal, compared to losing to MU.
And I'm down to seeds and stems again too."

And baseball.

Well, hope youre right about Semi!

DBFAN
03-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. UNC just got another free pass

@crazietalker: Of course, they play UNC next. RT @LukeDeCock: RT @CycloneMBB: Georges Niang has a foot fracture and will miss the remainder of the season.

DesertDevil
03-22-2014, 01:41 AM

The Cotton kid is def a baller. He played at Santa Rita HS here in Tucson. He was all set to attend a juco in Florida & a week before school started, Providence had a kid quit & it opened up a scholly. Providence should have a plaque posted in honor of the kid who quit. :D

eddiehaskell
03-22-2014, 02:01 AM
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. UNC just got another free pass

@crazietalker: Of course, they play UNC next. RT @LukeDeCock: RT @CycloneMBB: Georges Niang has a foot fracture and will miss the remainder of the season.Haha.

- Duke loses in the first round
- UNC wins nail-biter
- Iowa St with 6 players loses possibly their most important one

What next? Are we gonna have a top recruit change his mind about coming to Duke?

_Gary
03-22-2014, 06:17 PM
The worst part of the day yesterday, and throughout today, is having to endure Kenny Smith and his obvious pleasure at Duke losing and UNC advancing. He just oozes Carolina homer-ism in the worst way possible. I honestly can't stand seeing or listening to him at times like this. Keep him on TNT with the NBA, please.

bluedevilallie
03-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Agree about Kenny Smith. He is painful to listen to on many levels. Dude seems to lose his thoughts half way through them.

My hubby is an ISU grad--Hoiberg is going to come up with something. They have a deep bench and their guard play is much better then UNC. Niang being hurt is a bummer but they have lots of options. I'm thinking positive.

It was worth a shot.

Edouble
03-22-2014, 06:27 PM
The worst part of the day yesterday, and throughout today, is having to endure Kenny Smith and his obvious pleasure at Duke losing and UNC advancing. He just oozes Carolina homer-ism in the worst way possible. I honestly can't stand seeing or listening to him at times like this. Keep him on TNT with the NBA, please.

He is a moron and regularly says things that are unintelligible, but that you can tell he thinks are very smart.

I would be embarrassed if he were from Duke.

You can tell Charles thinks some of the stuff coming out of Kenny's mouth is pretty stupid, from time to time.

bluedevilallie
03-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Love Sir Charles. He just doesn't care.

SupaDave
03-22-2014, 06:35 PM
He is a moron and regularly says things that are unintelligible, but that you can tell he thinks are very smart.

I would be embarrassed if he were from Duke.

You can tell Charles thinks some of the stuff coming out of Kenny's mouth is pretty stupid, from time to time.

You would be giddy if he was from Duke. Just like many wish Bilas and Jay Dub showed more homerism...

Edouble
03-22-2014, 06:57 PM
You would be giddy if he was from Duke. Just like many wish Bilas and Jay Dub showed more homerism...

LOL, amazing how you are all in my head. What a weird thing to conjecture!

Extremely proud that Bilas is from Duke.

Disappointed that Jason Williams uses the on camera persona that he has chosen. Seems disingenuous.

Sort of indifferent over Seth Davis.

I would be downright embarrassed if Kenny Smith were from Duke.

I would be giddy if Charles Barkley were from Duke.

SupaDave
03-22-2014, 07:55 PM
Easy there.

Kenny Smith:

High School All-American
1st round draft pick
NBA rookie team
2 time NBA champion
FIBA world champion
Didn't go broke
No scandals
Gives to charity

Supa "Let's just keep some things in perspective here. We don't have many players with a similar résumé" Dave

_Gary
03-22-2014, 08:27 PM
But he hates Duke, so that cancels out all the good stuff you listed. :p

Dukehky
03-22-2014, 08:31 PM
I would love it if Duke had a media guy who crapped on Carolina on national tv. Grant is getting the job done a little bit, but you can do stuff like that when you're an NBA analyst. You have to deal with Kenny Smith 3 weeks out of the year, and Duke is out so you don't HAVE to listen to him for the rest of this year, I like the dynamic that he and Chuck have, especially when making fun of Shaq.