PDA

View Full Version : the best $130 Walmart trip ever

mattman91
03-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but I had to share this. Its about a college sophomore with a ton of guts and a cheap suit.

http://deadspin.com/uva-fan-bluffs-his-way-through-the-perfect-acc-title-ga-1547386713

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-20-2014, 01:20 PM
That's pretty bold. I admire the confidence.

And, of course, I want to try it.

ricks68
03-20-2014, 01:22 PM
My turn to make it an Asheville triple threat. Nice find.:D

ricks

theAlaskanBear
03-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Wait, what?

ricks68
03-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Wait, what?

If you are asking what the significance of my post was: The first 3 posters all live in Asheville.

Otherwise: Wait, what? (But then, you knew that already, didn't you .WINK)

ricks;)

ricks68
03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
For the uniformed, it is now a quadruple first postings thread for Asheville. I wonder if this has ever happened before where the first 4 posters on a thread came from the same city?

ricks

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-20-2014, 01:50 PM
For the uniformed, it is now a quadruple first postings thread for Asheville. I wonder if this has ever happened before where the first 4 posters on a thread came from the same city?

ricks

What? There is... another?

mattman91
03-20-2014, 01:53 PM

ricks

So Alaskanbear is also an Ashevillian?

theAlaskanBear
03-20-2014, 02:00 PM
So Alaskanbear is also an Ashevillian?

Let me correct the spelling for you, "Ashevillain." Emphasis on the "Villain."

Dukehky
03-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Don't know how I feel about this... But I'm a curmudgeon, so, I guess let it fly. What is anyone gonna do about it now?

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere, but I had to share this. Its about a college sophomore with a ton of guts and a cheap suit.

http://deadspin.com/uva-fan-bluffs-his-way-through-the-perfect-acc-title-ga-1547386713
As far as metallurgy goes... I'd say b*lls of titanium.

As far as safety goes... that's kinda scary.

MCFinARL
03-20-2014, 02:32 PM

ricks

This post was actually very helpful for the un-uniformed, but also uninformed, as well. ;)

theAlaskanBear
03-20-2014, 02:42 PM
As far as metallurgy goes... I'd say b*lls of titanium.

As far as safety goes... that's kinda scary.

I agree. I am torn. Part of me is saying, "meh...no harm no foul". On the other hand, it is a huge hole in security. But who wants our basketball stadiums looking like Boca/River games?

weezie
03-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Let me correct the spelling for you, "Ashevillain." Emphasis on the "Villain."

AKBear!! What are we drinking tomorrow night?!

I'll be in Raleigh so raise a glass for luck....

theAlaskanBear
03-20-2014, 04:26 PM
AKBear!! What are we drinking tomorrow night?!

I'll be in Raleigh so raise a glass for luck....

I don't know yet, I will have to visit the store. I have some French Broad Greybeard IPA in the fridge, but it is just "meh" on the Asheville IPA scale. Might have to visit the Wedge.

Honestly I think I will go search for Highland's "Devil's Britches" IPA tomorrow. I haven't tried this seasons batch yet. I have heard it is good.

ricks68
03-20-2014, 05:16 PM
I don't know yet, I will have to visit the store. I have some French Broad Greybeard IPA in the fridge, but it is just "meh" on the Asheville IPA scale. Might have to visit the Wedge.

Honestly I think I will go search for Highland's "Devil's Britches" IPA tomorrow. I haven't tried this seasons batch yet. I have heard it is good.

Ninja Porter is always a good bet, but maybe I can meet you at the Wedge.

ricks

theAlaskanBear
03-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Ninja Porter is always a good bet, but maybe I can meet you at the Wedge.

ricks

I have to record the game tomorrow =/ If I have time I will be picking up beer and rushing home to watch the recorded game tomorrow.

mattman91
03-20-2014, 07:01 PM

Green Man is the old stand-by local IPA for me. You should check out Twin Leaf on Coxe Avenue if you haven't already. Really good IPA, 144 Juicy Fruit is the name. Have to visit the brewery for it, they haven't started distributing anything yet.

devildeac
03-20-2014, 07:05 PM
You folks are on the incorrect thread:

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?3840-Ymm-beer

:o;)

Arctic Orange
03-20-2014, 07:17 PM
I have to record the game tomorrow =/ If I have time I will be picking up beer and rushing home to watch the recorded game tomorrow.

Bear, any actual ties to Alaska? I live in Fairbanks.

Newton_14
03-20-2014, 08:57 PM

Very interesting that no one from the UVA staff (coaches, trainers, managers) figured him out sooner, especially given he had the gonads to stand in the huddle during a Timeout and then walk through the handshake line after the game. Or maybe most of them did but let him have his fun?

The only pic that did not make sense to me (I never found him) was the one where the header says "he is sitting directly behind the basketball stanchion" or something to that effect. Did not register for me and I never picked him out.

Dude was stone cold bold though... I'll him that.

Acymetric
03-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Very interesting that no one from the UVA staff (coaches, trainers, managers) figured him out sooner, especially given he had the gonads to stand in the huddle during a Timeout and then walk through the handshake line after the game. Or maybe most of them did but let him have his fun?

The only pic that did not make sense to me (I never found him) was the one where the header says "he is sitting directly behind the basketball stanchion" or something to that effect. Did not register for me and I never picked him out.

Dude was stone cold bold though... I'll him that.

Pretty sure he was the guy standing up with both arms raised way to close to the bench for not being part of the team/staff.

ricks68
03-20-2014, 09:55 PM

Same for me. I have a 2:30 tee time, but will not be able to watch beforehand. Maybe pick up a growler at the Wedge. That's probably the best solution----and you're invited, decvildeac. Oh, wait, you'd still be in Raleigh------tooooooooo bad.

ricks

oldnavy
03-21-2014, 08:24 AM
I think this is awesome.

(question, why is awful spelled without the "e" and awesome has the "e"?)... nutty language we have.

DarkstarWahoo
03-21-2014, 10:52 AM
I may be a new interloper, but I can add actual insight to this discussion! I don't know if we can cuss here, so I'll censor it.

My wife taught this kid a few years ago. Her take: "He's an arrogant little [expletive beginning with S]. I'm not at all surprised he'd try something like this. He's a [verb describing what you do to pop a balloon]."