PDA

View Full Version : MLax: Duke @ Furman

burnspbesq
03-18-2014, 08:05 PM
The Paladins are in their first year, and are 0-7 so far. They're trying, and they are playing disciplined lacrosse at both ends of the field, but they aren't close to being competitive. It's 13-2 at the half. Josh Dionne has five goals.

Worrisome that Brendan Fowler is struggling at the dot for the second game in a row. He's 8-14 (including three violations).

Started to see some backups late in the second quarter. Don't expect that any starters will be on the field by the midway point of the third quarter.

burnspbesq
03-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Every non-GK who dressed got in. Goals for (among others) Scott, D. Cohan, Haus, and Connolly. Fowler ended up 10-17; the three other guys who took faceoffs were a collective 1-for-10. Turri looked good in the second half.

Happy bus ride back from Greenville, and tomorrow we start to get ready for Cuse (1230 EDT on Sunday, on ESPNU).

MCFinARL
03-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks for this report. I feel like Fowler often violates a fair amount in the first half but is usually over that by the second half--but that's just an impression. Do you think he looks clearly worse, or less in control, this year, or is the Kelly kid from UNC just awesome?

burnspbesq
03-20-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks for this report. I feel like Fowler often violates a fair amount in the first half but is usually over that by the second half--but that's just an impression. Do you think he looks clearly worse, or less in control, this year, or is the Kelly kid from UNC just awesome?

Kelly might be that good--recall that he was the youngest member of the USA team that won the 2012 U-19 world championship--but I also think that there is a lot of video of Brendan out there, and people are figuring out how to play him.

MCFinARL
03-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Kelly might be that good--recall that he was the youngest member of the USA team that won the 2012 U-19 world championship--but I also think that there is a lot of video of Brendan out there, and people are figuring out how to play him.

Makes sense. Thanks. I'm hoping an increasing amount of video on Luke Aaron isn't helping teams figure out how to shoot on him, as well, but it seems like a possibility.