PDA

View Full Version : JJ Tells You How to Fill out a Bracket

dukelifer
03-17-2014, 05:30 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/offbeat/2014/03/17/fod-jj-redick-ncaa-tournement-bracket.funny-or-die.html

mattman91
03-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Loved this! Thanks for sharing.

Black Mambo
03-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Sorry, I love JJ, but this was kind of dumb.

Having said that, JJ has some amazing thigh muscles. I am dude, and I am not hitting on him, but the guy has seriously cut himself up since the Duke days. That's what will happen when you stop eating Bojangles! Nice work JJ.

freshmanjs
03-17-2014, 06:49 PM
he does not have a future in comedy after his playing career. hope he has another plan.

-jk
03-17-2014, 07:13 PM
He's a poet. Just biding his time...

-jk

mattman91
03-17-2014, 07:40 PM
I just liked the "just kidding,&$@# those guys"

dukelifer
03-17-2014, 08:23 PM
he does not have a future in comedy after his playing career. hope he has another plan.

The guy has a broadcasting future. He showed his chops Freshman year.

BlueTeuf
03-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Interesting critical reactions. I felt quite the opposite - observing that JJ was impressively relaxed and conversant in his turn on camera. It's not the norm.

Editing and multiple takes can help - but they are rarely a complete solution. I wouldn't have given the script an A+ or anything, but it got a passing grade from me.

jipops
03-17-2014, 09:19 PM
I think it's great. It's all tongue in cheek, even seemed like he was making fun of himself a little bit.

dukelifer
03-17-2014, 10:24 PM
I think it's great. It's all tongue in cheek, even seemed like he was making fun of himself a little bit.

Like how he dominated 4 NCAA tournaments- and they taught him at Duke that you can erase a pencil.

DavidBenAkiva
03-17-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm picking UNC. Just kidding. F@%k those guys!

Loved it.

Also, notice that he wrote in Duke in crayon at the end. Nice little touch there.

Pretty funny for a guy known more for being serious.

ice-9
03-18-2014, 12:08 AM
What, I thought he looked like a complete natural in the video!

UrinalCake
03-18-2014, 10:26 AM
"I dominated four NCAA championships"... love the guy but man I wish that had been true.

oldnavy
03-18-2014, 11:41 AM
I thought this was great... JJ is the man!

The comment about UNC basically sums up everything I think about those guys!!

flyingdutchdevil
03-18-2014, 11:54 AM
I thought this was great... JJ is the man!

The comment about UNC basically sums up everything I think about those guys!!

I too thought JJ was great. However, as one of my favorite Duke players of all time, I am very biased.

I think the script was a little overkill and predictable, but I enjoyed it.

I'm pretty sure that 60%+ of the viewers are women. Serious man-crush from me...

The Gordog
03-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Interesting critical reactions. I felt quite the opposite - observing that JJ was impressively relaxed and conversant in his turn on camera. It's not the norm.

Editing and multiple takes can help - but they are rarely a complete solution. I wouldn't have given the script an A+ or anything, but it got a passing grade from me.

That was pretty funny. Appropriately self-depricating yet cocky without overdoing either.

alteran
03-18-2014, 12:22 PM
"I dominated four NCAA championships"... love the guy but man I wish that had been true.

I think that was the joke.

UrinalCake
03-18-2014, 12:31 PM
JJ picking UNC is about as likely as someone actually pulling out a blank sheet of paper and hand writing in all of the teams 8-)

CDu
03-18-2014, 12:36 PM
C+ for script, but a solid A for a natural, deadpan delivery.

I did enjoy it overall.

cspan37421
03-18-2014, 12:48 PM
C+ for script, but a solid A for a natural, deadpan delivery.

I think you're being generous with the script, but he definitely delivers the lines well. Let's hope he didn't write them.

BTW, the K in Duke was backwards (and in crayon) - nice touch.

cspan37421
03-18-2014, 12:49 PM

He said tournaments, not championships, but your point is well taken.

CDu
03-18-2014, 02:57 PM
I think you're being generous with the script, but he definitely delivers the lines well. Let's hope he didn't write them.

BTW, the K in Duke was backwards (and in crayon) - nice touch.

I was grading on the Duke curve...

oldnavy
03-18-2014, 03:09 PM
I was grading on the Duke curve...

I think JJ did a fantastic job with this parody, it was clearly tongue and cheek and a bit self depreciating, overall pretty darn funny to me.

I wonder what he will do when his playing days end. He certainly has a face for TV, and seems pretty darn articulate and intelligent.

flyingdutchdevil
03-18-2014, 03:13 PM
I think JJ did a fantastic job with this parody, it was clearly tongue and cheek and a bit self depreciating, overall pretty darn funny to me.

I wonder what he will do when his playing days end. He certainly has a face for TV, and seems pretty darn articulate and intelligent.

This is an interesting debate while we wait until Thursday. I think Redick would be phenom coach: understands the game, understands positional D (and is one of the best), understands the pick-and-roll (his play with Howard, Griffin, and Jordan is just amazing), and has played for some amazing coaches (Coach K, van Gundy, and Rivers).

I think Redick goes into coaching first. If that doesn't work, I think you're right: he'll go into television.

Henderson
03-18-2014, 11:23 PM
That was hilarious. Doug Gottlieb's 2011 bracketology (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsmSbauNRGg) was funny too. But this was funnier.

Henderson
03-18-2014, 11:25 PM
I think Redick goes into coaching first. If that doesn't work, I think you're right: he'll go into television.

Or just stick with Chelsea Kilgore (http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/wife.jpg).

Edouble
03-18-2014, 11:41 PM

Yeah, I got half way through and stopped it.

JNort
03-19-2014, 01:11 AM
JJ picking UNC is about as likely as someone actually pulling out a blank sheet of paper and hand writing in all of the teams 8-)

Uhh that's exactly what I did... 1 Sheet for each region and 1 sheet for the final 4 and championship rounds. So 5 sheets and all 68 teams handwritten in. I was doing it live when they announced the teams on tv.

Edouble
03-19-2014, 01:57 AM
Uhh that's exactly what I did... 1 Sheet for each region and 1 sheet for the final 4 and championship rounds. So 5 sheets and all 68 teams handwritten in. I was doing it live when they announced the teams on tv.

Any reason you don't just print out a black bracket at 5:50 PM on Selection Sunday like everyone else does?

(note: this is what I do. I am assuming that everyone else does too. Maybe I am wrong and everyone is using blank paper.)

JNort
03-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Any reason you don't just print out a black bracket at 5:50 PM on Selection Sunday like everyone else does?

(note: this is what I do. I am assuming that everyone else does too. Maybe I am wrong and everyone is using blank paper.)

No printer. Lol but I preferred mine anyway cause I had it broken down into several pages anyway

ricks68
03-19-2014, 01:19 PM
I thought it was an excellent piece. JJ was wonderful. The script could have been a lot better, but so what. The UNC comment just made the whole thing for me.:D

ricks