PDA

View Full Version : What is your big first round upset?

Wander
03-17-2014, 03:54 PM
I think we've had this poll in the past. You know it's going to happen somewhere.

EDIT: Poll now up. Multiple choice allowed.

My personal choice: you will know the name Elfrid Payton after the first round.

rtnorthrup
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
I think we've had this poll in the past.

ND State over Oklahoma

Wander
03-17-2014, 04:24 PM
ND State over Oklahoma

Everybody always takes at least one 12 over 5. Doesn't count here :)

rtnorthrup
03-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Everybody always takes at least one 12 over 5. Doesn't count here :)

I voted for no upsets of a top four seed, but here are my thoughts (not even worth $.02)

On form alone, Syracuse looks like the most likely candidate to go down, but I just think they have too much talent.

UCLA seems possibly to be seeded a little too high, but I watched some of Tulsa in their championship game and wasn't terribly impressed. They didn't look like the kind of major Cinderella waiting to happen.

NC Central, American and Mercer are probably the best teams seeded 13 or higher.

I guess if I had to bet, I would go American over Wisconsin, but I still don't think it is likely.

Black Mambo
03-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Harvard over Cincinnasti (see what I did there?)

MCFinARL
03-17-2014, 06:57 PM
So, I assume what you mean is, what is your big second round upset. Otherwise we would be talking about games like, say, N.C. State vs. Xavier, where it's hard to define either outcome as an upset. :D

turnandburn55
03-17-2014, 07:01 PM
This is the year it happens. Wichita State goes down in the first round to Cal Poly.

Uhh... not really. But here's hoping!

gus
03-17-2014, 07:08 PM
So, I assume what you mean is, what is your big second round upset. Otherwise we would be talking about games like, say, N.C. State vs. Xavier, where it's hard to define either outcome as an upset. :D

Abe Simpson will recognize Missoura long before I call the first round the second round!

DU82
03-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Providence. I won't be upset, but I know a lot of people ten miles away that will be.

(That is what you meant, which game will make the most people upset, right?)

brevity
03-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Providence. I won't be upset, but I know a lot of people ten miles away that will be.

(That is what you meant, which game will make the most people upset, right?)

I went the other way, picking the lowly 4th place ACC team to defeat the mighty champions of the Big East tournament in the 6 vs. 11 game.

If that were to happen, I know I'd be upset.

Indoor66
03-18-2014, 07:36 AM
I went with mighty Wofford to take down Michigan. David takes down the mighty, prideful Goliath.

OldPhiKap
03-18-2014, 07:38 AM
I went with mighty Wofford to take down Michigan. David takes down the mighty, prideful Goliath.

Go, Terriers!

SirBlueDevil
03-18-2014, 03:45 PM
As much as i'd like to take a stab at one of the choices listed above, as a die hard blue blooded duke faithful i can't bring myself to do it. My entire mindset as well as nerves are all focused on our opening round this friday at 12 noon.

Let our boys get through this game with a big "never had a doubt for a moment" win and then i can ease up a little and join in on the fun, until then i'm nothing but a bundle of nerves barely getting these drawn out work days as i gear up for fridays clock to strike 12pm!

Go Duke Blue!