PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Women's Tournament Selection Show, 1900 EDT, ESPN

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Here we go. I still think Duke has a stronger case than Tennessee for the last number one seed (Stanford, despite losses to U-Dub and USC, seems to be a lock, probably because it's a host), but it's probably not going to happen.

I would take the bracket projected by Creme (Winthrop, then a potential rematch with Oklahoma, then a potential game against Texas A&M or Chattanooga, then most likely Stanford in the Elite Eight) in a heartbeat.

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 07:08 PM
The two seed in UConn's region (Lincoln). Winthrop in the first round, then either DePaul or Oklahoma, then most likely Texas A&M.

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Tennessee, not top four in either RPI or SOS, gets the one seed in Louisville. They could see the Turtles in the Sweet 16.

Tappan Zee Devil
03-17-2014, 07:16 PM
The two seed in UConn's region (Lincoln). Winthrop in the first round, then either DePaul or Oklahoma, then most likely Texas A&M.

Doable until Ucon

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Say what, now? West Virginia gets the two seed in the Louisville region, over Louisville?

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 07:25 PM
South Carolina is the one seed in Palo Alto? What in heaven's name is going on here?

Sylvias are the four seed in that region.

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Wuffettes are the four seed in our region. They play their first and second round games in Los Angeles.

GaTech and FSU are in as 10 seeds.

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Cuse is the six seed in the ND region (yes, ND is the one seed). Orange go to Lexington to play Chattanooga.

burnspbesq
03-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Duke plays Winthrop at 1100 EDT on Saturday. If you're not going to Cameron, the game is on ESPN2.

NYBri
03-17-2014, 07:50 PM
UConn is the nuclear land mine on the road to the finals.

AIM4excellence
03-17-2014, 09:40 PM
UConn is the nuclear land mine on the road to the finals.

Duke will have 3 games to play before that. I hope the coaches and players have kept up the momentum since the ACC tourney. Beating Texas A & M to get to the Elite Eight will take a game like we played against UNC. Winning that game will be a nice achievement for this team - and it is VERY winnable for the players we have.

brevity
03-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Link (http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket) to the women's bracket. And a PDF (http://a.espncdn.com/i/ncaa/14_womens_bracket.pdf).

If chalk holds in Duke's region, Connecticut would have to beat 4-seed Nebraska in Lincoln to meet Duke in the Elite 8.

Say what, now? West Virginia gets the two seed in the Louisville region, over Louisville?

Again, if chalk holds, 2-seed West Virginia would play 7-seed LSU in Baton Rouge, then 3-seed Louisville in Louisville. They got screwed; everyone else is just whining. The fighting Jennifer Garners should go ahead and root for Vanderbilt to make the Final Four in Nashville, just to ensure three true road games.

Dukehky
03-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Great, UConn's region... A big part of our not reaching the FF has been just horrendous luck some years when it comes to our draws. This year included, just no shot with our current roster to get past UCONN, hopefully we get to them. EE would be a strong finish for this year's team as currently constructed.