PDA

View Full Version : How Many DBR Folks Going Tomorrow?

Newton_14
03-15-2014, 09:47 PM
OK who is in? I am definitely going. The word is that scalping method will get you in fairly easy without destroying your bank account. If you dont mind sitting in the upperlevel (not bad at all from the sideline view) you can get in really cheap. Lower level seats should be available just at a higher cost. Even there we may can find reasonabl deals.

So far I know of Kshepinthehouse, and DU82. Anyone else going? Our guys will need a lot of crowd support. Going to be a great game!

Go Duke!!

Dukehky
03-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I will be there. Tickets on stub hub tomorrow should be really cheap, but you have to pick them up at some hotel nearby. I don't like dealing with those scalpers at the GC, they are unpleasant to work with. Also, no one buy tickets off of stub hub until they drop below 40 a piece which they assuredly will, because if you do, you will drive the asking price up or make it stay the same. Be patient, they will plummet.

Sat in the second row from the top in the corner for the Clemson game and was perfectly happy, the Coliseum is a great place to watch a game, from anywhere. The place should have a bunch of open seats so don't fret about getting seats together with your buddies, just find an empty row nearby and have a good time.

Hip Hip Hurray for Carolina and State going down and thus eliminating 65% of the Ticket market, we take up like 25% of the remainder. Should be a majority Duke crowd tomorrow.

roywhite
03-15-2014, 10:00 PM
OK who is in? I am definitely going. The word is that scalping method will get you in fairly easy without destroying your bank account. If you dont mind sitting in the upperlevel (not bad at all from the sideline view) you can get in really cheap. Lower level seats should be available just at a higher cost. Even there we may can find reasonabl deals.

So far I know of Kshepinthehouse, and DU82. Anyone else going? Our guys will need a lot of crowd support. Going to be a great game!

Go Duke!!

I'll be there; was there today.

Yeah, tickets should be available and affordable. There was a pretty sizable Wahoo crowd there today, and I'd guess they'll get some more tomorrow, but it's not like a light blue horde.

I ended up in the second level Section 211, but around mid-court and in one of the lower rows. Not a bad seat at all.

bluedevilallie
03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
I'll be there too. I bought my tickets before the tourney but lucked up with a friend who has some security connections. If you can just buy cheap seats for tomorrow there are some empty rows court side that other schools have that aren't being used. We sat down on court today and it was awesome. Just get in the building then try to move to lower bowl. Many of the lower sections are not checked for seats. I probably shouldn't be real open with this but if anyone is interested PM me. I may be able to make a couple of suggestions.

Here's to a championship tomorrow! GO DUKE!!!

hurleyfor3
03-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Y'all are overestimating ticket demand. I would be comfortable showing up with no more than $20 in my pocket.

NYBri
03-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Wish I was nearby, but, as my handle implies, a trip from NY is not in the cards.

bluedevilallie
03-15-2014, 10:06 PM
One other thought. If you park in public parking you can buy cheap tickets. Some of the scalpels on the coliseum property are not real nice and seem like gangsters. If you can't It til close to tip off you'll score some cheap seats. Upper level. Face is $60. You could probably get some for $35. Then move once you're inside.

Dukehky
03-15-2014, 10:07 PM
One other thought. If you park in public parking you can buy cheap tickets. Some of the scalpels on the coliseum property are not real nice and seem like gangsters. If you can't It til close to tip off you'll score some cheap seats. Upper level. Face is $60. You could probably get some for $35. Then move once you're inside.

I wouldn't pay over 30 for a ticket from a scalper on site. UVA isn't bringing much of a crowd and I doubt there are that many more Duke fans going.

roywhite
03-15-2014, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't pay over 30 for a ticket from a scalper on site. UVA isn't bringing much of a crowd and I doubt there are that many more Duke fans going.

Well, maybe. I've got a feeling there will be more seats than tickets, if you know what I mean. Fans from UNC, NCSU, and some other schools won't be there tomorrow, but may have headed home with those Sunday tickets in their pockets. Still, there should be tickets available at a reasonable cost.

Furniture
03-15-2014, 10:19 PM
I used stub Hub today. The good thing about them is that the price you see is the price you pay. No add on's fees etc.
I picked them up in the local comfort inn. Really easy. Nice operation. I paid 65 for 90 dollar seats.

House G
03-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks to my good friend and classmate Weezie, I will be there. Go Duke! By the way, I thought Gene Banks looked great today.

Dukehky
03-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Thanks to my good friend and classmate Weezie, I will be there. Go Duke! By the way, I thought Gene Banks looked great today.

I talked to Ricky Price after the Clemson game. What a nice dude. I remember this wild 360 dunk he had one time. Incredible.

kshepinthehouse
03-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Y'all are overestimating ticket demand. I would be comfortable showing up with no more than $20 in my pocket.

I agree. If you paid much more than $20 you probably paid too much. Also, I believe face value for an upper is $45 and lower is $60.

Newton_14
03-15-2014, 10:53 PM

That will be just fine me Hurley! I think I will have one or two of those in my pocket. Hope to hold onto as many of them as possible and still get a good seat!

hurleyfor3
03-15-2014, 11:00 PM
That will be just fine me Hurley! I think I will have one or two of those in my pocket. Hope to hold onto as many of them as possible and still get a good seat!

I would make sure it's four $5s.

Also, you can park for free in the sketchy neighborhood on the north side of the coliseum. (What's the nearest free parking to Brooklyn? Somewhere in Bridgeport, perhaps?)

Newton_14
03-15-2014, 11:05 PM
I would make sure it's four $5s.

Also, you can park for free in the sketchy neighborhood on the north side of the coliseum. (What's the nearest free parking to Brooklyn? Somewhere in Bridgeport, perhaps?)
I am soaking up all your advice here. :)

Fortunately I have a veteran scalper getting a ticket for me before I even get there, if I don't get one tonight from a family member.

Dukehky
03-15-2014, 11:13 PM
I am soaking up all your advice here. :)

Fortunately I have a veteran scalper getting a ticket for me before I even get there, if I don't get one tonight from a family member.

Another little piece of advice for the rookies at scalping, low ball the hell out of the scalpers. They will walk away for a second then almost immediately half their offer. My services are for rent if needed, or hell, I like messing with those guys, I'll do it fo free.

Here's to seeing all of your bright and shining faces tomorrow as Duke hopefully makes it 11 in 16 years. Jabari and Rodney are likely gone, so let's send them out as champions.

Prediction: Dre gets some minutes tomorrow and makes it freaking rain!!! Gonna have to play him a little bit because with the defense Rodney and Rasheed played today they need probably a 30 seconds/1 minute off before some key media timeouts.

Let's go devils!!!

hurleyfor3
03-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Another little piece of advice for the rookies at scalping, low ball the hell out of the scalpers. They will walk away for a second then almost immediately half their offer.

Rule #1 when buying in the secondary market: ALWAYS be prepared to walk away. Always. A sports ticket is not a gallon of milk; you do not NEED it. The best deals I've scored (and by that I mean free tickets) have happened when I didn't really care if I didn't get in.

gurufrisbee
03-15-2014, 11:22 PM
I wish I was, but for some reason the ACC keeps rejecting my petition to move the conference tournament to Seattle. Cheering from afar.

Furniture
03-15-2014, 11:58 PM
I agree. If you paid much more than $20 you probably paid too much. Also, I believe face value for an upper is $45 and lower is $60.

I can assure the face value of my lower ticket was 90. I paid 65.
I will also say that through the morning prices were dropping on Stub hub. I actually bought mine after the first game had started. I was very happy with my seats.
There were tickets in the upper sections for 30 bucks or so. As I walked into the stadium there were still plenty of people holding up tickets too. There must have been lots of good deals available.
I just preferred driving there with my good deal all taken care of. Some people have mentioned about once you are in, you are in. Not everyone has the balls or the patience to go and sit in an area where you do not have an assigned seat. I can tell you that on my lower level it was very full.

Edouble
03-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Rule #1 when buying in the secondary market: ALWAYS be prepared to walk away. Always. A sports ticket is not a gallon of milk; you do not NEED it. The best deals I've scored (and by that I mean free tickets) have happened when I didn't really care if I didn't get in.

Yup. Econ 101:supply and demand.

There are more tickets available than people that want to go to the game.

-bdbd
03-16-2014, 01:40 AM

Funny you should say that... I paid exactly that for each of my 2 tickets, in the upper level, along the side, but towards the corner. We were buying outside the stadium an hour after the Duke win over NCSU. LOTS OF TIX ARE AVAILABLE. And this won't be a sellout. Expect to pay $15 - $35 for "cheapest available, $30 - $60 for GOOD upper-level seats. And expect (face is $45) around face for "just any" lower-level seats. Some LL seats will earn a premium, such as those near mid-court or down low, and can go as much as 50% above face. Advice after three days of buying from scalpers: (1) Be patient, get there early, and don't plan to buy from the first guy or two you talk to. Walk around with number of fingers up for quantuty of desired tix. (2) Best spot seems to me along the big ramp down to the parking lot at the Coliseum's "Main" (South) entrance. (3) Have a map in-hand of stadium seating. The tix come with seat/section numbers and face price printed on the front. (4) Know what you want -- Cheapest available (you can always move at halftime to empty (better) seats)? Cheapest upper-level, but still "between the FT lines"?? Any lower level seats? Premium seats?? (The most expensive "list" for premium LL's was around $125, but that's for 2-game sessions. That translates to about $62.50 for Sun.) It'll help you narrow things down quicker. (5) Have enough cash for all contingencies. Make sure the tix have a big number "6" on them, for the sixth session (Finals).

Have fun!

We'll be there, and we'll be loud! Let's make noise Devils! Several Syracuse fans around us today, down low in what was originally the UNC section, behind the State bench, told us that State fans were making more noise than Duke... Come'on! We should great outnumber the Whoos!!!:eek:

[NOTE: Hurley is right. Session 6 is, in fact, about half the face cost of earlier sessions. I have corrected prices down accordingly. ]

hurleyfor3
03-16-2014, 01:46 AM
Expect to pay $20 - $50 for "cheapest available, $50 - $90 for GOOD upper-level seats. And expect (face is $90) around face for "any" lower-level seats.

I'd say you're high by a factor of two or three. I paid $10 for the front row of the upper deck on Sunday a few years ago. Allowing for inflation that's a $15 ticket now. (I'd still shoot for $10.) "Cheapest available" is more like free. I have turned down free Friday tickets in the past.

The conference messed with "face" this year such that it's not the same price per game for all sessions. (Sunday was always half the price of the other sessions, cuz there's only one game.) Anyway, face is irrelevant except as a reference price. When you go to sell a stock, or a house, or your Bitcoins, do you think anyone cares what you paid for it?

kshepinthehouse
03-16-2014, 07:05 AM
I can assure the face value of my lower ticket was 90. I paid 65.
I will also say that through the morning prices were dropping on Stub hub. I actually bought mine after the first game had started. I was very happy with my seats.
There were tickets in the upper sections for 30 bucks or so. As I walked into the stadium there were still plenty of people holding up tickets too. There must have been lots of good deals available.
I just preferred driving there with my good deal all taken care of. Some people have mentioned about once you are in, you are in. Not everyone has the balls or the patience to go and sit in an area where you do not have an assigned seat. I can tell you that on my lower level it was very full.

You are correct sir. I thought you were talking about the Sunday ticket. Sunday's face value is $60 for lower and $45 for upper if I'm not mistaken.

roywhite
03-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Lots of talk about tickets (which can be had) but if you're thinking about this:

ACC Championships are special -- Clemson has never won one; Virginia only one
It's fun to be in a NC arena other than Cameron and have a strong Duke crowd
This appears to be a very even matchup between two quality teams
Coach K won't be around forever
Jabari Parker certainly won't be around forever; enjoy his special talents

kshepinthehouse
03-16-2014, 07:21 AM
I'd say you're high by a factor of two or three. I paid $10 for the front row of the upper deck on Sunday a few years ago. Allowing for inflation that's a $15 ticket now. (I'd still shoot for $10.) "Cheapest available" is more like free. I have turned down free Friday tickets in the past.

The conference messed with "face" this year such that it's not the same price per game for all sessions. (Sunday was always half the price of the other sessions, cuz there's only one game.) Anyway, face is irrelevant except as a reference price. When you go to sell a stock, or a house, or your Bitcoins, do you think anyone cares what you paid for it?

Agreed!!!! X 100

Listen folks, so far I have gone to all of the Duke sessions and I have paid more in parking than I have for tickets ($20 for tickets for two sessions and $15 x 2 =$30 for parking). Sunday tickets that don't feature a big market a la NC State or the Tarholes are even easier. If you are patient you can get in for $20 or less. Scalpers won't even touch upper level tickets tomorrow so the first thing you should try is buying them from another fan. If that doesn't work, try finding a nice scalper and tell him that you have $10 and you just need to get in. He will probably say ok and come back to you in a few mins when he needs to start getting as much as he can for his tickets. Some Scalpers will try to take care of you. Just say, "hey man I just need a ticket to get in so I can only pay $10. I know you probably can't take that right now but if you can I will be around here so let me know."

I did that on Friday and another scalper directed me to his buddy scalper who had a ticket that the barcode came detached and the ticket was in two pieces. I gave him $20 and took the two pieces and the ticket scanned. Come on out tomorrow and find one of us and let's cheer on the devils to another championship!!!!

wgl1228
03-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Getting up to head there shortly from Wilson, NC. I went yesterday and sat up high towards the corner and still had a great view. Not a bad seat in the house. Go if you are within driving distance. The Cavs fans were out in full force yesterday.

HK Dukie
03-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Reading this thread is depressing. Seems I way overpaid. But at least I will be there, and with my dad, both duke Alums. Lower level, center court, cheering loud!

NSDukeFan
03-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Reading this thread is depressing. Seems I way overpaid. But at least I will be there, and with my dad, both duke Alums. Lower level, center court, cheering loud!

I paid around $70 + concessions to take my family to a quarterfinal of my local university championships here in Nova Scotia (our youngest is 4, so we couldn't stay for the second half) and we had a wonderful time. Rest assured, if I had the opportunity, I would pay much more to see Duke play for an ACC championship. I don't think you will have too many regrets about paying a bit more for tickets than some others did.

Edit: I have no idea what I paid to see Duke play in Greensboro vs. Kareem Rush and Missouri in 2001 in the round of 32, (as well as Dan Gadzuric, Jason Kapono and Earl Watson? for UCLA in the next game from about 10 rows back) but I remember it so many years later (only Duke game I have seen live) and whatever I paid was more than worth it.

Duvall
03-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Not many, it seems.

CatDevil
03-16-2014, 06:44 PM
I attended all three days with my son. Really enjoyed the time with my Duke fan. It seemed VA really rallied their troops with bus loads of their folks. Ugh!!!
My son feels like a movie star after today...he and I sported all our signs and gear and at least got time on the jumbotron. Just wish we could have pulled out a win. Wish I could have met more DBR folks while we were there.

There was a gal there with a gladiator style helmet with horns on it. I thought "NICE" when I first spied her.

Now, onto trying to scope out some tickets for the ncaa in Raleigh...

Newton_14
03-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Me and my nephew got in for $30. Upperdeck. There were lots of tickets available, both lowers and uppers but the lowers were going for around $120 up around 45 minutes prior to tip. Uppers were going for face $45 and up, so I felt fortunate to talk the guy I bought from down to $30.

It's possible they dropped as it got closer to game time, but two things hurt. 1, UVA fans came out in droves so their were a lot of buyers and 2. It started to rain just after 12 so people were a little less inclined to wait it out.

If Pitt had won Saturday it would have an entirely different story I think.