PDA

View Full Version : MLax: Duke 9 UNC 8

roywhite
03-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Wolf Lifts Duke Over North Carolina in OT, 9-8 (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209435498&DB_OEM_ID=4200)

Senior attackman Jordan Wolf’s goal at the 2:34 mark of the first overtime period propelled No. 6 Duke to a 9-8 win over No. 4 North Carolina in ACC men’s lacrosse action Saturday afternoon at Koskinen Stadium.

TKG
03-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Wolf Lifts Duke Over North Carolina in OT, 9-8 (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209435498&DB_OEM_ID=4200)

Gritty win by the Blue Devils, epsecially after less than stellar performances against MAryland and Loyola. According to GoDuke.com, Coach Danowski is now 14 -2 against Carolina.

MCFinARL
03-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Gritty win by the Blue Devils, epsecially after less than stellar performances against MAryland and Loyola. According to GoDuke.com, Coach Danowski is now 14 -2 against Carolina.

Gritty and important. The schedule is tough and another win against a ranked team was really important after the two losses. UNC had an amazing freshman face off guy who killed Brendan Fowler--which doesn't happen often. But Fowler won the two most important face offs in the game--the last one in regulation and the one in overtime.

burnspbesq
03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Sensational performance by the Duke close D. Carolina came in averaging almost 17 goals a game (against a pretty pathetic schedule, but still ...), and they got eight. Lobb made Sankey disappear. Everything Bitter got was in unsettled situations. I don't think I heard Casey's name called all day, which means that the Heels weren't even trying to go at him.

Aaron made the saves we needed him to make, and stole a couple (noting compared to Burke, who was phenomenal).

And that may have been the best game of Luke Duprey's career. Other than a communication breakdown that led to Carolina's last goal, he was spotless, and got the GB on the faceoff in overtime.

Another gruesome matchup next weekend when Cuse comes to town, but the hiccups have stopped for now.

MCFinARL
03-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Sensational performance by the Duke close D. Carolina came in averaging almost 17 goals a game (against a pretty pathetic schedule, but still ...), and they got eight. Lobb made Sankey disappear. Everything Bitter got was in unsettled situations. I don't think I heard Casey's name called all day, which means that the Heels weren't even trying to go at him.

Aaron made the saves we needed him to make, and stole a couple (noting compared to Burke, who was phenomenal).

And that may have been the best game of Luke Duprey's career. Other than a communication breakdown that led to Carolina's last goal, he was spotless, and got the GB on the faceoff in overtime.

Another gruesome matchup next weekend when Cuse comes to town, but the hiccups have stopped for now.

Statistically, though, both goalies had 15 saves, and Burke let in one more than Aaron. Possibly Aaron's overall play was better and/or his saves were more spectacular (I didn't see the whole game), but credit where credit is due--Aaron had a fine day.

Re Cuse we can hope the face off game is the difference--Syracuse edged Hop today despite getting hammered on the face offs.

-bdbd
03-16-2014, 01:48 AM
Statistically, though, both goalies had 15 saves, and Burke let in one more than Aaron. Possibly Aaron's overall play was better and/or his saves were more spectacular (I didn't see the whole game), but credit where credit is due--Aaron had a fine day.

Re Cuse we can hope the face off game is the difference--Syracuse edged Hop today despite getting hammered on the face offs.

Sat next to some 'cuse fans at Greensboro Coliseum today who seemed more interested in following the 'cuse LAX game on I-phones than the ACCT semi's in BB in front of them. They seemed genuinely excited about the coming ACC capabilities in LAX.

Great win for Duke LAX! Bad weekend to be a Heel fan...... :cool::eek:

Indoor66
03-16-2014, 09:00 AM

Redundant.

MCFinARL
03-16-2014, 09:12 AM

Can't edit my post any more so I will repost to say I meant to say Possibly Burke's overall play was better, etc. Otherwise my post doesn't make much sense. :o

MCFinARL
03-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Sat next to some 'cuse fans at Greensboro Coliseum today who seemed more interested in following the 'cuse LAX game on I-phones than the ACCT semi's in BB in front of them. They seemed genuinely excited about the coming ACC capabilities in LAX.

Watched part of the Cuse game on ESPNU--it was a good game. Burnspbesq is right that that will be a very tough matchup. There isn't really a game in the ACC this year that isn't a tough matchup.