PDA

View Full Version : Theater trip to NYC

The Gordog
09-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I am planning a trip to NYC to take the wife to a show. Decades ago I stayed with friends (crashed on a couch.) This time we will need a hotel room, nice but not extravagant, not to far from Broadway Theaters. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

jimbonelson
09-07-2007, 10:40 AM
often times when i go to the city i stay in secaucus nj. it is about 6 miles from times square there is a holiday inn at that is just over 100 a night. there is also a bus that is very safe that costs 1.25 and drops you right at times square

summerwind03
09-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I've stayed at the Hotel Casablanca, which is right off Times Square, but surprisingly cute (European feel) and quiet. You'll be steps away from TKTS, which is my favorite way to see a show, if you're not too picky and just want the experience. Have fun.

billybreen
09-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Your best bet is to name your own price on Priceline (http://www.priceline.com/). I did a theater trip with the wife in June, and we stayed in a 4-star for $100 less than list price thanks to Priceline.

knights68
09-07-2007, 01:09 PM
(anxiously taking notes in hope of achieving dream of actually visiting NYC one day next year!)

dukemomLA
09-08-2007, 02:24 AM
There's a Holiday Inn (I think it's a Holiday Inn) on West 57th St which is usually pretty reasonable. But I agree with previous post -- name a price on Priceline. OR.....check out Craigslist.org. Often people post their apartments (so you can even cook in a meal or two) for week-ends or weeks that they are going to be out of town. It's worth a look.