PDA

View Full Version : Ways to watch ACC & NCAA Tournament (international)?

JTaylor
03-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Can anyone here recommend some options for a non-U.S. resident for watching games online? I currently live in Turkey, and but for the occasional ESPN/YouTube replay, I've seen nothing of this season. I hope to remedy that -- can't imagine a hoops-free March!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

flyingdutchdevil
03-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Can anyone here recommend some options for a non-U.S. resident for watching games online? I currently live in Turkey, and but for the occasional ESPN/YouTube replay, I've seen nothing of this season. I hope to remedy that -- can't imagine a hoops-free March!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Try ESPN USA. That's what I used when I used to live abroad.

JTaylor
03-14-2014, 05:26 PM
I'll give that a look -- thanks!

Bob Green
03-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Can anyone here recommend some options for a non-U.S. resident for watching games online?

http://new.livestream.com/ACCDN/events/2344818

Any chance you live near a U.S. Military facility such as Incirlik? American Forces Network will have lots of live coverage of basketball. All the clubs and restaurant type facilities on the base will have TVs tuned to the games and U.S. personnel living out in town will have satellite receivers with AFN access. I realize that is probably a longshot that doesn't help you.

bedeviled
03-14-2014, 06:21 PM
The ACC website has links to "watch live on theacc.com" (http://www.theacc.com/#!/sport/stats/m-baskbl) for ACC tournament games. There aren't any games going on presently, so I haven't checked if it works or if there are special login considerations.

The NCAA tournament is typically streamed online by the consortium of networks that broadcast the games. Unfortunately, it appears that, once again, access is determined by the user's inputted cable provider, which you won't have...unless you borrow access to a friend's account. BUT, all games broadcast on CBS will be free to view online for everyone (when the field is set, check NCAA.com for schedules/links/Live App). There is also a temporary "trial" viewing time allotted without logging in. So, for a game not on CBS, you could see at least some of it with this trial time.

DukieInBrasil
03-14-2014, 08:03 PM
The ACC website has links to "watch live on theacc.com" (http://www.theacc.com/#!/sport/stats/m-baskbl) for ACC tournament games. There aren't any games going on presently, so I haven't checked if it works or if there are special login considerations.

The NCAA tournament is typically streamed online by the consortium of networks that broadcast the games. Unfortunately, it appears that, once again, access is determined by the user's inputted cable provider, which you won't have...unless you borrow access to a friend's account. BUT, all games broadcast on CBS will be free to view online for everyone (when the field is set, check NCAA.com for schedules/links/Live App). There is also a temporary "trial" viewing time allotted without logging in. So, for a game not on CBS, you could see at least some of it with this trial time.

thanks for the tip bedeviled, when i opened the link all it gave me was interviews. Hopefully, firstrow works.

nyesq83
03-14-2014, 08:05 PM
theacc.com has the NC State game on now, it is halftime

cptnflash
03-14-2014, 09:27 PM
All ACC tournament games are being streamed online at www.theacc.com. Or you get watch ESPN's broadcast if you have the WatchESPN app (requires a subscription overseas).

JTaylor
03-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions!

As for CBS, I assumed that wouldn't be an option since regular cbs.com content is unavailable to me.

Ggallagher
03-15-2014, 03:01 AM
All ACC tournament games are being streamed online at www.theacc.com. Or you get watch ESPN's broadcast if you have the WatchESPN app (requires a subscription overseas).

Thanks for this and the other tips. I've been stuck in Poland since the Duke-UNC game and will be here all the way through early April. Really, really bad timing on my part between the time zone difference and location. I'll try these for the State game today.

ice-9
03-15-2014, 07:55 AM
I want to be sure I stick to the rules, so all I'll say is

1. Google "sports streaming"
2. Try a few of the sites
3. Never, ever install anything

You'll usually be able to find at least one site that will broadcast the game. :)

My favorite is the third result of that Google search.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-15-2014, 08:08 AM
As someone frequently stuck at work at inconvenient times, I am impressed with theacc.com streaming coverage.