PDA

View Full Version : Great story about 14 year old birthday

obsesseddukefan
03-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Really nice article about a writer from sports illustrated (the one who did the Coach K/Parker cover) and his 14 year old sons experience at Duke v. UNC. linky (http://www.jeffbenedict.com/index.php/blog/35-blog/365-crazy)

Side note: Parker is an amazing kid. Whenever he decides to head for pro ball he will be missed. Class act.

jv001
03-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the link. What a great birthday present for a 14 year old. What Jabari and his parents did for the young man was terrific. We're really blessed to have Jabari as a Blue Devil and I'm blessed to be a Duke fan. Beat Clemson and GoDuke!

flyingdutchdevil
03-14-2014, 08:48 AM
Really nice article. Jeff Benedict is a fun writer.

His son must have had a great experience. And he's also the only person on earth who described Vitale as "awesome". I'll give him until his 17th birthday before he realizes the truth...

toughbuff1
03-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Vitale may not be the best announcer anymore, but he is still awesome. His love for basketball is infectious, and he does so much to raise money for cancer research. In my book he's awesome with a capital A baby!

dairedevil
03-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Great story! Wish I could have given my son that present when he was 14....1992 would have been a great experience. Coach K just keeps getting great guys. How many other stories have we read over the years?

rsvman
03-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Great story. Thanks for sharing the link.

I think we all knew that Jabari was a special kid, anyway, but this just adds to his legacy. (Here's hoping he adds one more year at Duke to his legacy, too!)

NashvilleDevil
03-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Jabari's awesome. Also loved that the Crazies let Clancy sit with them. Wow!