PDA

View Full Version : NCAA On Demand (Youtube): Full games and Highlights

J4Kop99
03-12-2014, 07:50 PM
I came across this gold mine a few days ago. There is tons of march madness footage including many full games.

Here is the link to the homepage:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ncaaondemand/videos?flow=grid&view=0

and here is the link to all of the Duke footage. There are a bunch of full games as well as many other highlights and clips from other classic games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ncaaondemand/search?query=duke

-This should keep you entertained until 9 pm on Friday night...

Last night I watched most of Duke v Xavier from the 2004 regional final. The Deng-Redick offensive rebound kick-out-three gets me every single time. (around the 1:13:30 mark) Onions!

UrinalCake
03-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the link! Another excellent resource which many already know about is the NCAA vault. I believe they have every tournament game from the sweet sixteen round forward from every tournament since 2000. Plus they have a scattered handful of older games too. I just watched the end of the Butler final, man was that a tense game. Our guys weren't the most talented but they were absolute warriors.

http://vault.ncaa.com

NashvilleDevil
03-13-2014, 10:18 AM
I came across this gold mine a few days ago. There is tons of march madness footage including many full games.

Here is the link to the homepage:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ncaaondemand/videos?flow=grid&view=0

and here is the link to all of the Duke footage. There are a bunch of full games as well as many other highlights and clips from other classic games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ncaaondemand/search?query=duke

-This should keep you entertained until 9 pm on Friday night...

Last night I watched most of Duke v Xavier from the 2004 regional final. The Deng-Redick offensive rebound kick-out-three gets me every single time. (around the 1:13:30 mark) Onions!

Thanks for the link, watched from the time stamp you suggested and the next basket was Deng's awesome tip in off the Duhon miss. I rarely watch any of the games from that season because the loss to UConn in the Final Four still chaps my behind.

UrinalCake
03-13-2014, 11:30 AM
^ yeah, if the CIA ever wanted to torture me they would just strap me into a chair and force me to watch the 1999 final (also against UCONN) over and over until I broke. It wouldn't take long.

Tripping William
03-13-2014, 11:50 AM
^ yeah, if the CIA ever wanted to torture me they would just strap me into a chair and force me to watch the 1999 final (also against UCONN) over and over until I broke. It wouldn't take long.

. . . add the NCAA Final from 20 years ago. They'd only need to show one late-game shot over & over to break me.

tbyers11
03-13-2014, 11:56 AM

I graduated in 1999. I watched the national championship game vs UConn in Cameron with thousands of people. I have never watched it again. Too painful.

SoCalDukeFan
03-13-2014, 07:32 PM
for the great link.

I rewatched the 1991 Semi Final game over UNLV. Great game.

SoCal

hsheffield
03-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the link, watched from the time stamp you suggested and the next basket was Deng's awesome tip in off the Duhon miss. I rarely watch any of the games from that season because the loss to UConn in the Final Four still chaps my behind.

a friend of mine who was an ACC BB ref told me that the 2004 UConn/Duke game was the worst officiated tournament game he'd ever seen and he's a UNC fan. He said there was a lot of talk in the ref community about it. I sort of remember something about consequences for the officials of that game but not sure: could be wishful thinking on my part. Perhaps some here knows?

J4Kop99
03-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Sorry to bump this thread.

I came up with what I think might be a fun idea. Since we have a bunch of these games in full at our disposal now (youtube & ncaa.com), what if one of the Mods set up an "in-game thread" around 8 or 9 pm est. each night leading up to a tournament game and we picked an old Duke tournament game to watch and discuss?

It might be hard to get everyone on the same schedule but I think we would be able to find enough people to make this work. I think many of the young(er) Duke fans like myself would also find it very enlightening to read some of the older fans perspectives on certain games or specific plays within big Duke games.

Just an idea to help us get to Friday at 12:15 pm est and beyond...

Newton_14
03-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Sorry to bump this thread.

I came up with what I think might be a fun idea. Since we have a bunch of these games in full at our disposal now (youtube & ncaa.com), what if one of the Mods set up an "in-game thread" around 8 or 9 pm est. each night leading up to a tournament game and we picked an old Duke tournament game to watch and discuss?

It might be hard to get everyone on the same schedule but I think we would be able to find enough people to make this work. I think many of the young(er) Duke fans like myself would also find it very enlightening to read some of the older fans perspectives on certain games or specific plays within big Duke games.

Just an idea to help us get to Friday at 12:15 pm est and beyond...

I alerted the other mods. Not a terrible idea at all. Thanks for the original post. I loved it. I rewatched the 2010 Baylor game the night you originally posted it. Fun stuff!
It might go over better during the offseason when we have no real games to watch, but we could certainly try it one night while the season is still in progress to see if it gets participation.

Thanks for the thread and the new idea.