PDA

View Full Version : Jabari- will he stay or will he go?

conmanlhughes
03-09-2014, 07:05 PM
I was debating last night after Jabari's spectacular preformance if he will stay or leave. I saw that the "Thank You Seniors!" Thread sort of danced on this subect, but i think it deserves its own thread. :p I personally believe he will stay. Yes, he does have the talent and the possibility of going #1, but with Jahlil Okafor coming in next year, I think he will stay to play with his AAU pal. He seems like a special sort of kid that would really consider staying at least one extra year.

(It would be awesome if somebody could help me set up a poll for this :cool: )

CDu
03-09-2014, 07:10 PM
I think he will go. I hope I am wrong. But either way, I am not going to worry about and enjoy the remaining (hopefully 9) games of probably the best freshman season ever at Duke.

4Gen
03-09-2014, 07:30 PM
There's something about Jabari (and Kyrie, who barely played at all) that gives me the sense that they're long stead Dukies, no matter they play a year only.

roywhite
03-09-2014, 07:34 PM
I suppose this is a question on our minds, but, frankly, I hate to see this topic before the end of the season. Can't we concentrate on the ACC Tournament, the NCAA Tournament, and the great performances by this young man and his teammates?

Here's a question concerning Jabari:
Where does his performance vs UNC in Cameron rank on a list of all-time greatest single game performances by a Duke freshman?

Just off the top of my head, this list would include such games as:

Kyrie's 31-pt game vs Michigan State in the ACC/B1G challenge
J.J. Redick's 30 points in the ACC Championship game vs NC State in 2003
Gene Banks 22 points and 12 rebounds in the National Semifinals vs Notre Dame in 1978

dukelifer
03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
I suppose this is a question on our minds, but, frankly, I hate to see this topic before the end of the season. Can't we concentrate on the ACC Tournament, the NCAA Tournament, and the great performances by this young man and his teammates?

Here's a question concerning Jabari:
Where does his performance vs UNC in Cameron rank on a list of all-time greatest single game performances by a Duke freshman?

Just off the top of my head, this list would include such games as:

Kyrie's 31-pt game vs Michigan State in the ACC/B1G challenge
J.J. Redick's 30 points in the ACC Championship game vs NC State in 2003
Gene Banks 22 points and 12 rebounds in the National Semifinals vs Notre Dame in 1978
Redick's game was for a championship - his has to be on top.

Furniture
03-09-2014, 07:52 PM
If He goes there will be trouble
An' if He stays it will be double!

This indecision's buggin' me!

Bob Green
03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I was debating last night after Jabari's spectacular preformance if he will stay or leave.

Plenty of time to discuss this after the season is over. For now, we all should enjoy the ride!