PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Maryland 75, Virginia 69

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Not sure if this would count as a jinx, as we don't have any particular rooting interest in this game, but UVA is down 2 to Maryland just before the end of the first half.

Just another interesting week in the ACC. For the sake of argument, if UVa lost, that would be all the top 4 in the ACC losing in the last week.

Olympic Fan
03-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Since this doesn't impact us in any real way, I'll revert to my anti-Maryland stance ... I want them to leave the league with their tails between their legs.

So, go Cavs!

OldPhiKap
03-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Go Hoos! Go away, Terps!

MCFinARL
03-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Not sure if this would count as a jinx, as we don't have any particular rooting interest in this game, but UVA is down 2 to Maryland just before the end of the first half.

Just another interesting week in the ACC. For the sake of argument, if UVa lost, that would be all the top 4 in the ACC losing in the last week.

Yes, that wouldn't do much for the ACC's chance of grabbing a #1 seed in the tournament--though that is probably a long shot in any case.

kmspeaks
03-09-2014, 02:13 PM
I don't know if it's me or whoever CBS's announcer is but one of us is completely nuts. I thought Joe Harris flat out shoved Wells. That's not a tough call, an acting job, or anything other than a foul every time.

G man
03-09-2014, 02:14 PM
I hope everyone is watching the game. Maryland decided to foul being up three with about 1.2 seconds left. First free throw is made and the second is missed on purpose goes out of bounds and it is Virginia ball. Virginia then scores on the inbound play to force over time. Crazy!!!

sagegrouse
03-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Goes to OT following a shot at 0.5 by UVa's Gill. Md. drew a foul on Harris at 5.4 secs. on the world's greatest flop by Dez Wells.

Watch!

kshepinthehouse
03-09-2014, 02:16 PM
I don't know if it's me or whoever CBS's announcer is but one of us is completely nuts. I thought Joe Harris flat out shoved Wells. That's not a tough call, an acting job, or anything other than a foul every time.

No question you and I saw the same thing. Not really sure what the announcer is looking at. He called it a flop from the very second the replay was shown not giving himself time to see Harris extend his arm and shove Wells. That was a foul all day everyday.

vick
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
No question you and I saw the same thing. Not really sure what the announcer is looking at. He called it a flop from the very second the replay was shown not giving himself time to see Harris extend his arm and shove Wells. That was a foul all day everyday.

It was both a foul and a flop. Wells is strong, he doesn't fall like that if he doesn't want to.

Acymetric
03-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Is this by a wide margin the most court stormings in a single season ever in any sport?

sagegrouse
03-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Maryland by six in overtime. I thought, after the bizarre ending, UVa would win, but "no!" To re-ca-pit-u-late:

Virginia is trailing by one point with 5.4 seconds left and has the ball under the Md basket. Dez Well makes a flop worthy of WWE and Maryland gets the ball. After a foul and two FTs, Maryland leads by three points. Maryland commits a foul rather than allow the three, and Brogdon makes the first and misses the second. Virginia gets the out-of-bounds call and runs a beautiful play that gives Anthony Will a five-footer at the buzzer.

Virginia is sure to win but forgets to show up for the extra period. Maryland 75-69.

sadterp
03-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Well, you have to admit we were due.

Hoping Route 1 has not been burned to the ground by this evening.

kshepinthehouse
03-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Anyone watching Wichita st? Kid from Indiana state gets a rebound and lowers his shoulder with minimal contact and puts the shot back up. Gets called for an offensive foul and the CBS announcer said the Wichita State player got "blasted".This was a lot more of a flop than the other one. Are the CBS announcers sitting in the crows nest at Duke? Not sure what they are watching today.