PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. UNC (Mar 9, 2014)

JBDuke
03-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 93-81 win over the Heels last night?

jipops
03-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Gee, let me think on this one. Jabari maybe?

Bob Green
03-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Parker was a Beast last night so he earns my vote; however, the play of Rodney Hood cannot be overlooked. Hood was tremendous!

BD80
03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
This one BETTER be unanimous.

MCFinARL
03-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Not much doubt about whom to vote for, but for runner up, in addition to Hood (another obvious choice), I might give a sentimental vote to the senior trio, who came out in their first stretch and really set a great tone for the day, defending hard and fighting for everything. Dawkins, especially, continued to play well throughout the game, I thought, even though he didn't have one of his unconscious shooting nights--you could tell he wanted to make the most of his last game in Cameron.

MCFinARL
03-09-2014, 10:45 AM

Is Rodney's mom on DBR? I might allow her a different vote. :)

Law Prof
03-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Is Rodney's mom on DBR? I might allow her a different vote. :)

That would explain the one vote for Rodney. Kidding aside, he had a great game, deserving of MOTM in almost any other game.

brevity
03-09-2014, 05:00 PM

Exactly. The MOTM was Nate James. Anyone who believes otherwise should explain it to him in person.

Dukehky
03-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Jabari.

gep
03-09-2014, 09:54 PM
One of the best things I saw in the game from Jabari was him taking command of the team on the floor... especially with Rasheed. A couple of times, at least, Rasheed started complaining about a call going against him, and Jabari just grabbed Rasheed and pushed him into the team huddle on the court. As Jabari said in a recent interview, he's not an 18 year old anymore... the team needs experienced play, and he was up to the challenge. I think if Jabari is really taking ownership of this team (at least it looked that way to me), Duke will go far.:cool: We all were looking for a floor leader... one who takes the team on his back... maybe Jabari is the one who will do it.