PDA

View Full Version : Myles Turner

papa whiskey
03-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Forgive me if this should be in another thread, but I did not see any run in the 2014 recruiting thread. ESPN, Rivals, and Scout showed Myles' visit tonight. Is this still the case and is there any word on his status in regards to Duke?

Olympic Fan
03-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Forgive me if this should be in another thread, but I did not see any run in the 2014 recruiting thread. ESPN, Rivals, and Scout showed Myles' visit tonight. Is this still the case and is there any word on his status in regards to Duke?

Turner was there, along with 2016 targets Chase Jeter and Luke Kennard.

Turner has already visited Ohio State and Oklahoma State officially and plays to make his last two visits -- one will be to Texas ... the other could be anybody. Kentucky wants him, but so does SMU (and they beat out Kentucky for his buddy, point guard Emmanul Munday).

Still think it's a longshot for Duke ...on the other hand, I love our chances for Jeter and Kennard.

Native
03-09-2014, 03:39 AM
Turner came and sat with us in the Crazies, along with Luke Kennard and Chase Jeter. Had a fantastic time — hearing good things about all three of their recruitments.

Also, Turner Tweeted this right after the game:

CarmenWallaceWade
03-09-2014, 10:05 AM
That was the perfect game to host a group of elite prospects. They got to see the greatest rivalry, vintage Cameron, a legendary coach in action, and ESPN draped all over it.

BD80
03-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Wonder if Romo making it to the game during Turner's visit (from Bedford Texas, between Dallas and Fort Worth) was a coincidence?

moonpie23
03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
i guess i missed it, but why was romo and garrett and darth goodell at the game?

-jk
03-09-2014, 10:48 AM
i guess i missed it, but why was romo and garrett and darth goodell at the game?

It's on everyone's bucket list!

-jk

jacone21
03-09-2014, 02:44 PM

Trying to convince Semi to play football* this fall.

*not really

TexHawk
03-09-2014, 02:56 PM

Turner has already visited Ohio State and Oklahoma State officially and plays to make his last two visits -- one will be to Texas ... the other could be anybody. Kentucky wants him, but so does SMU (and they beat out Kentucky for his buddy, point guard Emmanul Munday).

Still think it's a longshot for Duke ...on the other hand, I love our chances for Jeter and Kennard.

Turner attended KU's senior night on Wednesday with his father. Since KU doesn't have an in-conference rival like UNC, senior night is probably the best event for a recruit to visit (outside of the Midnight Madness stuff).

He and his father loved every minute of it, very excited with the senior speeches, blowout win, etc. I wouldn't read too much into that, as he was reportedly going crazy with the fans at his last visit to SMU too. He's a guy who likes going to big hoops events, hard to fault him for that.

weezie
03-09-2014, 04:12 PM
It's on everyone's bucket list!

-jk

And they both looked like they were having a blast. Romo was extremely active, cheering and clapping along.
He's even better looking in person, I'll be happy to admit :o

weezie
03-09-2014, 04:14 PM
He and his father loved every minute of it, very excited with the senior speeches, blowout win, etc. I wouldn't read too much into that, as he was reportedly going crazy with the fans at his last visit to SMU too. He's a guy who likes going to big hoops events, hard to fault him for that.

Yes, but I'll bet he was just being polite at smu. There ain't no party like a Cameron party cuz a Cameron party don't stop.

johnb
03-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Having grown up in Dallas as a big fan of OU and America's Team, I thought it totally cool to see the QB and coach of the Cowboys, as well as Tubbs and Switzer. How could this not impress Turner? Btw, the OU/Texas rivalry in football is akin to ours, and I couldn't help but think that the guys with Oklahoma connections wouldn't mind helping a recruit decide not to go to Texas--though that's probably a conspiratorial reach.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Turner attended KU's senior night on Wednesday with his father. Since KU doesn't have an in-conference rival like UNC, senior night is probably the best event for a recruit to visit (outside of the Midnight Madness stuff).

Did Self put together a special game plan for Turner and his dad? ;)

Ichabod Drain
03-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Both Jeter and Kennard are 2015 Targets.

UrinalCake
03-10-2014, 09:35 AM
It certainly didn't hurt for the recruits to see Jabari dominate. They saw firsthand that Coach K isn't afraid to build his team around a freshman, provided he has the talent, and that he'll put his players in a position to maximize their abilities.

UrinalCake
03-10-2014, 09:40 AM
Turner attended KU's senior night on Wednesday with his father.

Was that the game where Wiggins scored 41 but KU lost? If so, I guess that kind of trumps what I just said about Jabari's big performance 8-(

mph
03-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Was that the game where Wiggins scored 41 but KU lost? If so, I guess that kind of trumps what I just said about Jabari's big performance 8-(

Wiggins went for 41 against WVU on Saturday night. Not that it is likely to make a difference to Turner one way or the other.

Jbsherr DUKE!
03-10-2014, 09:45 AM

No Wiggins dropped 41 Saturday at West Virginia.

flyingdutchdevil
03-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Couldn't have been. That game and the Duke/UNC game were on the same day. Unless Myles Turner is Superman. If he is, I really really want him to be a Blue Devil.

Jbsherr DUKE!
03-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Couldn't have been. That game and the Duke/UNC game were on the same day. Unless Myles Turner is Superman. If he is, I really really want him to be a Blue Devil.

yea WVU played Kanses earlier Saturday and Duke played at 9. Turner went to senior night at Kansas on Wed. I've been on vacation for 10 days and watched nothing but basketball believe me.

MCFinARL
03-10-2014, 12:11 PM

As noted in another thread, romo is rehabbing with coach cut after surgery. No idea why Goodell was there except for the bucket list explanation provided earlier.

Billy Dat
03-10-2014, 05:55 PM
As noted in another thread, romo is rehabbing with coach cut after surgery. No idea why Goodell was there except for the bucket list explanation provided earlier.

If K has any more light headed health scares, the number of these bucket list appearances is going to go through the roof. Sadly, Duke/Carolina, at CIS, with K helming Duke is a limited quantity good.

weezie
03-10-2014, 06:05 PM
If K has any more light headed health scares, the number of these bucket list appearances is going to go through the roof. Sadly, Duke/Carolina, at CIS, with K helming Duke is a limited quantity good.

Gee whiz Billy! You're bumming me out! I thought K looked pretty good on Saturday. I was somewhat reassured.
Roy, otoh looked shrunken and very thin and I'm not joking around for a punch line.

DBFAN
03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Someone was asking earlier why was Garrett and Romo there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Garrett spend a few weeks with K a couple of Summers ago, trying to get some pointers.. Unfortunately for my Cowboys, he wasn't paying enough attention...SMH

sagegrouse
03-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Someone was asking earlier why was Garrett and Romo there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Garrett spend a few weeks with K a couple of Summers ago, trying to get some pointers.. Unfortunately for my Cowboys, he wasn't paying enough attention...SMH

I have learned to live with K's -- uhhh -- "views" on the issues of the day. But if he is consorting with Dallas Cowboys, that's a much more serious matter.

MartyClark
03-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I have learned to live with K's -- uhhh -- "views" on the issues of the day. But if he is consorting with Dallas Cowboys, that's a much more serious matter.

I don't want to steer into the forbidden "policy" zone, so feel free to ignore this. I'm curious though. As far as I can tell, K doesn't discuss his views on the issues of the day. What are you referring to?

CPDUKEGUY24
03-11-2014, 11:25 AM

This should help.

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?25581-Jason-Garrett-spent-3-days-with-Coach-K-on-how-to-build-a-consistent-program

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4678508/coach-k-enjoyed-time-with-jason-garrett

"The visit was set up by former Cowboys’ running back Calvin Hill, who is a consultant for the team and whose son Grant played for Krzyzewski."

Billy Dat
03-11-2014, 01:31 PM
I don't want to steer into the forbidden "policy" zone, so feel free to ignore this. I'm curious though. As far as I can tell, K doesn't discuss his views on the issues of the day. What are you referring to?

Maybe Sage was referring to K's staunch conservatism?

jv001
03-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Maybe Sage was referring to K's staunch conservatism?

If we had a vote, I'd say you nailed it and vote as you did. And I'm not going to say anymore because I don't want a warning and if I did say more, I'd deserve it. :cool: GoDuke!